Current gymmax program

D

Deleted member 27789

Iron
This is my current lifting routine, it is a 4 day split but I just repeat it cycle after cycle and take a day off when needed. You will see a rep scheme. How I do it though is pick a weight and try to hit the rep scheme (for example 225 for 3 full sets of 8 on bench) before moving the weight up. Most of the time I get something like 8,7,6 reps. This is tailored toward me, a fairly advanced trainee trying to get to 8% bf (currently around 11-12). You’ll notice it has not much leg work as my legs are very developed already and it’s not my focus. Feel free to discuss, critique, or use as inspiration. This style of training is derived from leangains and kinobody but without reverse pyramid sets as I’m much too lazy to switch weights that much. Without further ado here’s the program

Day 1:

Flat Bench 3x8

DB OHP 3x8

Lateral raise 3x12

DB Skullcrushers 3x12

Day 2:

Weighted chins 3x8

Pistol Squats 3x10

Reverse Flys 3x12

BB Curl 3x10

Day 3:

OHP 3x8

DB Incline Bench 3x8

DB Pec Fly 3x10

Overhead Rope Ext. 3x12

Day 4:

Weighted Pull-ups 3x8

Rope Facepulls 3x12

DB Incline Curl 2x12

DB Curl 3x10

• +1
Reactions: Mio and gooner23
Damn I like it, alot of people tend to overdo it in the gym, nice volume and good variety

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27789
Idk but this is my split
Monday shoulders and chest
Tuesday back
Wednesday bi and tri
Thursday forearm and neck
Friday legs and abs
Rest
Rest

Damn I like it, alot of people tend to overdo it in the gym, nice volume and good variety
Thank you, that’s exactly what I was shooting for. I used to do a fuck ton of volume and then tried out the lower volume approach similar to lean gains and kinobody and it’s very sustainable and I’ve seen great progress. Also anecdotally I see tons of people who have tried a similar approach and tend to make great results.

If that split works for you that’s good. I’ve tried every split and they all work at least to some degree. It’s all about your needs and preferences, as long as you are progressing and don’t develop fuckarounditis in the gym you will be solid. Also, diet and leanness is most of it anyway for an aesthetic physique.
Idk but this is my split
Monday shoulders and chest
Tuesday back
Wednesday bi and tri
Thursday forearm and neck
Friday legs and abs
Rest
Res

If that split works for you that’s good. I’ve tried every split and they all work at least to some degree. It’s all about your needs and preferences, as long as you are progressing and don’t develop fuckarounditis in the gym you will be solid. Also, diet and leanness is most of it anyway for an aesthetic physique.
I purposely neglect biceps and triceps

• +1
Just cummed

• +1
do all that but with 2x6-10 warmup and one set to fucking failure

do all that but with 2x6-10 warmup and one set to fucking failure
I don’t disagree with this style of training, I’ve tried it. However, doing a tad more volume seems to work for me. However I think the 1-2 sets to failure mentzer style is valid.