Current videogames will become obselete

SecularIslamist

SecularIslamist

Islamist jihadi and intersectional feminist
Back in the 1970s - 1980ss it was arcade type shit like Donkey Kong and Tetris. Pac-man is one of the best selling games but no one will play that shit now of. That shit is too outdated even for phones.

Then you had the 3D graphics era games like Crash bandicoot, Final Fantasy, MGS. It's not surprise these games are being remade, continued and having only a quarter of the impact on audiences than they did 30 years ago. Only nostalgia fags love these games. I guarantee you if FFVIII came out today and not in 1997 it wouldn't have had the same impact.

Then you now have e-sport, open-world online shit. Games like GTA, rocket league and FIFA have stolen the show in the last 15 years. They still exited in the 2000s and were quite popular but only recently we've seen them gain traction.

This will end too. We are reaching a graphical peak with unreal engine where the line between reality and graphics is hard to distinguish. Games looking good will no longer be a problem. The graphical leap is less as it was from Atari to PS1 to PS2. Some games on PS3 still hold up today without looking too outdated.

I believe we are in early stages of VR technology adoption. It's flopped more or less since it was announced but that's not the end of it. That's like saying it was over for GTA in the 90s. It definitely is over for the arcade, RPG, and even some sporting games which are just becoming rehashed bullshit at this point.

I think horror games will make a great comeback with VR and probably some other games like racing games. It might not even be home based. Arcades may make a comeback to give you a fuller comprehensive experience, but don't count on it as new gen fags are glued to their screens at home.

• +1
Reactions: Bars, Primalsplit, whitepiller and 1 other person
Average videogame released in 2024:
Goyslop

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: fluoride1337, Hetman Vilkas, Bars and 3 others
Back in the 1970s - 1980ss it was arcade type shit like Donkey Kong and Tetris. Pac-man is one of the best selling games but no one will play that shit now of. That shit is too outdated even for phones.

Then you had the 3D graphics era games like Crash bandicoot, Final Fantasy, MGS. It's not surprise these games are being remade, continued and having only a quarter of the impact on audiences than they did 30 years ago. Only nostalgia fags love these games. I guarantee you if FFVIII came out today and not in 1997 it wouldn't have had the same impact.

Then you now have e-sport, open-world online shit. Games like GTA, rocket league and FIFA have stolen the show in the last 15 years. They still exited in the 2000s and were quite popular but only recently we've seen them gain traction.

This will end too. We are reaching a graphical peak with unreal engine where the line between reality and graphics is hard to distinguish. Games looking good will no longer be a problem. The graphical leap is less as it was from Atari to PS1 to PS2. Some games on PS3 still hold up today without looking too outdated.

I believe we are in early stages of VR technology adoption. It's flopped more or less since it was announced but that's not the end of it. That's like saying it was over for GTA in the 90s. It definitely is over for the arcade, RPG, and even some sporting games which are just becoming rehashed bullshit at this point.

I think horror games will make a great comeback with VR and probably some other games like racing games. It might not even be home based. Arcades may make a comeback to give you a fuller comprehensive experience, but don't count on it as new gen fags are glued to their screens at home.
Having used my Quest 3 for 6 months now, I can confirm it's insanely good for the price. Zuck is taking a multi-billion dollar gamble on VR now and selling these headsets at a loss. I believe his gamble will pay off and VR will grow from niche to mainstream in the 2030s.

I use the Bigscreen VR cinema app with Quest games optimiser, and watch a movie from time-to-time. The quality has reached a point where it feels like I'm actually in a cinema.

Also, used the immersed app to substitute needing multiple monitors. Again, very solid but a little uncomfortable if you want to work for longer than a few hours.

Imo biggest factor holding back VR and AR right now is the bulkiness of the headset. It's a come a long way since the original gen but we need high quality 8k VR glasses at a retail price under $1k to get mass adoption.

• +1
Reactions: SecularIslamist
RPG maker is here to stay.

• JFL
Reactions: Gonthar
VR porrrn

tf else niggas gonna use VR for

• JFL
Reactions: SecularIslamist
video games are going to be at a halt

not until the next technology revolution if there is one

• +1
Reactions: SecularIslamist and Hetman Vilkas
VR is a gimmick

It takes too much effort to set up, most people just want to be able to sit down and play

• +1
Reactions: silently_said and RealFunkyFlamingo
Video games are boring and unimaginative nowadays

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit and silently_said
Half life 3 will change game industry

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado and silently_said
Video games are boring and unimaginative nowadays
Yeah, they are all chasing hyperrealism and are regressing towards a singular art style and design philosophy
Scarcity drives innovation, game studios are spoiled for choice. The newest COD has 3,000 people working on it, just for it to be the third MW19 reskin. And despite this massive team the game is still riddled with bugs and is a downgrade in pretty much every form from the game it copied, which was also shit apart from "muh grafix" :feelsuhh:
There is no need to take creative risks when every game will sell like hotcakes solely due to the cultural relevance of the IP, and when push comes to shove, the backers of these gigantic monoliths are ready to pull out at any moments notice if a certain profit margin isn't met, further encouraging MTX, games as a service, and other scummy business practices.

Half life 3 will change game industry
There's hardly an incentive for them to even release it. Steam is their biggest cash cow and it isn't going away any time soon. Oh yeah... they released another 6v6 hero shooter... :feelswah::feelswah::feelswah: Like we haven't gotten those shoved down our throats for the past 8 or so years

Most indie games are troonslop. I mostly just play BF4 and Titanfall 2 these days, don't have the time to invest in a story game

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Bars and SecularIslamist
Well, 17 years later, TF2 is still kicking!

• JFL
Reactions: fluoride1337

Attachments

• 1728971346199.png
    1728971346199.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
Sounds like a shitshow, thankfully I haven't touched it in years
I have 1.5k hours as spy, quit once I realized I was getting killed by autistic trannies using esp every other game

• JFL
Reactions: silently_said
PS3 games looks terrible for anyone who doesn't play it on a midrange TV at a long distance

PS4 doesn't hold up at all since 144hz 1080p is the standard now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back