Cutting 20-14%

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
How long will it take as a beginner to cut from 20% bodyfat down to 14, if you got the diet and everything right and ready, alongside gym 5 times a week with 2 of those days being cardio? (Doing PPL).

can't tell really depends on person
almost same from 20 % to 12 % now but not beginner

can't tell really depends on person
almost same from 20 % to 12 % now but not beginner

Forgot to mention that I am 5'10 and 190 lbs

It depends on your starting weight...

Could take probably 2 months if you do it slowly...

1 month if you speed it up..

But if you're like 250 then it will be slightly slowly than both those figures for each scenario..

It depends on your starting weight...

Could take probably 2 months if you do it slowly...

1 month if you speed it up..

But if you're like 250 then it will be slightly slowly than both those figures for each scenario..
Like i said i am 190 lbs and 5'10. And really? Thought it took like 6 months or so

190 lbs at 5'10 is probably 25% bf if you're not bulked
Really? I am not bulked, never been to gym before lol. I did one of those bodyfat test things with measurements, so might have been a bit inaccurate lol

Really? I am not bulked, never been to gym before lol. I did one of those bodyfat test things with measurements, so might have been a bit inaccurate lol
the only legit method is this
body fat %
muscle mass
bone mass etc

Attachments

• only legit.jpg
    only legit.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 15
Like i said i am 190 lbs and 5'10. And really? Thought it took like 6 months or so
Really depends...If you eat in a good deficit and lift for your first times in that 2 month period..

You'll probably lose fat while gaining muscle at the same time at a rapid rate..

So you'll reach the goal faster than you would think..Bodyfat wise..

Probably, am 5'10 and a half bare feet with above average bone structure at 78 KG ( 170lbs )and ~18% body fat.

I object to use of the word cutting. Cutting implies a temporary, unsustainable drop in body fat, like going from 13% to 9%.

clenbuterol theory, don't take DNP unless you wanna save yourself a rope

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer
Really depends...If you eat in a good deficit and lift for your first times in that 2 month period..

You'll probably lose fat while gaining muscle at the same time at a rapid rate..

So you'll reach the goal faster than you would think..Bodyfat wise..

Think its a good idea as a beginner to start at 500 calorie deficit?

Yeah...U could probably even do 700 if you could handle it...Because you don't have a lot of muscle to need to spare..

That's the main reason people try to minimize their deficit...To maintain as much muscle as possible.

It's better to lose the fat first with a deep cut...Then start building the muscle optimally for real

Absolutely . That’s 1 lb a week. My advice would be just track your calories for a couple weeks, then just delete it since you have an a idea of portion sizing. You’d be suprised cutting out stuff like sauces, creamers, snacks add up. But after that it gets a little hard where you have to cut down ur main meals and all that but yea.

Absolutely . That’s 1 lb a week. My advice would be just track your calories for a couple weeks, then just delete it since you have an a idea of portion sizing. You’d be suprised cutting out stuff like sauces, creamers, snacks add up. But after that it gets a little hard where you have to cut down ur main meals and all that but yea.
Tbh I already know quite a bit in regards to the dieting part and I know the calories of most things with highest amount of protein on an average already. I turned fatcel by choice because I just didnt care about what I was eating lol.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3593
Tbh I already know quite a bit in regards to the dieting part and I know the calories of most things with highest amount of protein on an average already. I turned fatcel by choice because I just didnt care about what I was eating lol.
Yea man I’ve been lean maxxing but I’m hitting the point where I need to start cutting my main meals it gets so hard from here. But I want a lean face :(. Might do an IF type of approach

500 calorie deficit is nothing. It's gonna take months to reach your goal with that. 3,500 calories = 1 lb of fat.
If you want to lose fat, go on keto and a 1,000 deficit minimum. Don't bother with gym right now because you won't have the willpower to do both at the same time.
You can do some home exercises and stretches in the meanwhile, so you will have the mobility necessary to lift heavy without injuring yourself when you're leaner.

Keto with how
500 calorie deficit is nothing. It's gonna take months to reach your goal with that. 3,500 calories = 1 lb of fat.
If you want to lose fat, go on keto and a 1,000 deficit minimum. Don't bother with gym right now because you won't have the willpower to do both at the same time.
You can do some home exercises and stretches in the meanwhile, so you will have the mobility necessary to lift heavy without injuring yourself when you're leaner.
. Keto and how much of calories is recommended? 1 month of keto is good? I love keto but that's mean a zero social life.

Keto with how

. Keto and how much of calories is recommended? 1 month of keto is good? I love keto but that's mean a zero social life.
On keto you generally don't need to count calories until you feel like your weight loss is stalling.
But since in the end of the day, it's all calories in, calories out, if you want to lose 2lbs of fat a week, cut 1,000 calories a day.

This is a math question. Find your Body fat % turn that into pounds of fat. Plan to lose 2 pounds per a week.
personal example: (keep in mind getting below 5% is dangerous) Im currently planning a cut for the new year. Heres the math.
218 X (13%bf-5%bf) = 17.44 pounds 17.44/ 2 pounds per week = 8.72 weeks AKA 2 months. With this I know if I add my calories and control the deficit Ill be at 5% body fat 2 months after the cut begins.

Throw my 2 cents here OP, if you don't lift you are way over 20 im a little taller than you and 195 and probably 16% ish, I have lifted for a long time, at 14% I will probably be 190 and I have a medium sized frame. You probably are well over 25%. Don't @ me lol I know what im talking about.

Throw my 2 cents here OP, if you don't lift you are way over 20 im a little taller than you and 195 and probably 16% ish, I have lifted for a long time, at 14% I will probably be 190 and I have a medium sized frame. You probably are well over 25%. Don't @ me lol I know what im talking about.

I dont mind, just didn't know lol. I did one of these https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html and people said it was legit, thats why I thought what I did.

I dont mind, just didn't know lol. I did one of these https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html and people said it was legit, thats why I thought what I did.
Says im 14.8 which is accurate, maybe im 1 to 2 % higher. What measurments did you put in? I have over 16.5 inch arms at the same height as you so I im pretty damn sure im carrying a lot more muscle tissue. Just curious tbh also wrist size if you can be fucked measuring.