Dark Circles from Minoxidil. How bad is it?

EmilKing

EmilKing

Iron
I already have genetic under eye darkness , i really dont wanna make it worse with Minox. How can i tell it has affected me?

How bad is it really ? I only apply to very specific areas on scalp.
Does it go away once you stop?

I am planning on using caffeine and retina to help counteract the darkness

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Satan
Dark circles are a bitch but i never got them from Minoxidil
You can tell by comparing pics of yourself in the same light preferably flat and white with the same distance and angle
It should
If yours are genetic many asians fill them up but westerners are more hesistant

Not a concern unless you’re using oral minoxidil

• +1
Reactions: EmilKing
Not a concern unless you’re using oral minoxidil
HOPE brother
HOPE

You can tell by comparing pics of yourself in the same light preferably flat and white with the same distance and angle
It should

i heard if your dark circles are actual pigmentation of the skin/veins AND also hereditary
then fillers wont do shit.

• +1
Reactions: Satan
It should
What do you mean many Asians fill them up?

HOPE brother
HOPE

i heard if your dark circles are actual pigmentation of the skin/veins AND also hereditary
then fillers wont do shit.
Let me explain it to you.

There's 2 reasons why you have dark circles under your eyes.

Either 1, you have zero fat under your eyes (the skin is laying directly on the tissue below it, and the darkness is actually your blood flowing in the tissue under the skin).

Or 2 you are ethnic and it's not actually lack of anything, just your skin is dark around your eyes because of hyperpigmentation.

If it's reason #1 get fat grafts or under eye fillers to solve the issue. They inject shit under your eyes in between the skin and the tissue and as a result you can no longer see the blood vessels and tissue under your skin, thus removing the dark rings around your eyes.

Darkness and under eye hollowing (the medical term for all of this is "tear trough" if you want to learn more about all of this with Google) usually go hand in hand, sometimes your darkness can also be caused merely by a lack of forward growth in the infraorbital rim, and this is solved with infraorbital implants from epply.

That's really all there is to it.

• +1
Reactions: TheChosenChad
Topical minoxidil doesn't cause dark circles.

• +1
Used it for years. No circles.

• +1
Let me explain it to you.

There's 2 reasons why you have dark circles under your eyes.

Either 1, you have zero fat under your eyes (the skin is laying directly on the tissue below it, and the darkness is actually your blood flowing in the tissue under the skin).

Or 2 you are ethnic and it's not actually lack of anything, just your skin is dark around your eyes because of hyperpigmentation.

If it's reason #1 get fat grafts or under eye fillers to solve the issue. They inject shit under your eyes in between the skin and the tissue and as a result you can no longer see the blood vessels and tissue under your skin, thus removing the dark rings around your eyes.

Darkness and under eye hollowing (the medical term for all of this is "tear trough" if you want to learn more about all of this with Google) usually go hand in hand, sometimes your darkness can also be caused merely by a lack of forward growth in the infraorbital rim, and this is solved with infraorbital implants from epply.

That's really all there is to it.
Def think its a combination ( really not sure how to tell if i am missing fat ) but signifcatly MORE number 2.
I have light olive skin and almost everyone i see with my skin tone essentially have the same darkness.

The bones under my eyes feel good, supportive and high up tho

Def think its combination but signifcatly MORE number 2.
I have light olive skin and almost everyone i see with my skin tone essentially have the same darkness
I don't think there's anything you can do about that then. It's an actual issue with the skin itself, not an issue with any bones or tissue underneath.

I've been developing dark circles from topical, i've never had them in my life. But now i'm using it to thicken up everything, the beard, the eyebrows, the hair. So I might be overdoing it and need to chill out.

I've been developing dark circles from topical, i've never had them in my life. But now i'm using it to thicken up everything, the beard, the eyebrows, the hair. So I might be overdoing it and need to chill out.
yeah I read more accounts of dark circles from people using it on eyebrows / beard

• +1
Reactions: everydayfun
Anyone who uses Minox noticed weak erection?

oral or topical, it gave dark under eye circles + wrinkles.
i'm using it anyway...

you're double penetrating yourself if you use caffeine too. Minoxidil inhibits collagen production by inhibiting prolidase enzyme. Caffeine inhibits that too, more than minoxidil I believe

• So Sad
Reactions: randomvanish
you're double penetrating yourself if you use caffeine too. Minoxidil inhibits collagen production by inhibiting prolidase enzyme. Caffeine inhibits that too, more than minoxidil I believe
wow i didn't know that. I'm drinking 5 cups of coffee everyday.

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8765 and randomvanish
Coffee is shit for collagen I need to quit
i was drinking 5 cups of instant coffee in one cup, 2-3 times a day. So my dependence is very high. I'm cutting back and will slowly stop it.
Studies used higher concentration of caffeine and perhaps normal coffee consumption would not reach those levels inside the body but directly putting caffeine on skin would be harmful and quiting caffeine altogether won't hurt either

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
Using it since 5 years, not a single dark circle my boy