Day 4 of the Flu

OldRooster

OldRooster

Get off my lawn!
My throat hurts bad. My throat has not hurt this much from the flu in more than 30 years. I want to take more tylenol, but I don't want to inhibit the natural healing process.
30 years ago it was socially accepted, actually somewhat expected, that you would go to work if you were sick. I used to go to work sick routinely. My thought process was that if I was going to be miserable anyway, I might as well be miserable while at work.
I think it is good to get sick once in awhile for a few days. People that claim they never get sick probably have bad memories, if they really never get sick then they are setting themselves up for a catastrophic illness down the road.

Day 5: Slept 13 hours last night. I got those sweats just below the clavicle, I think that is an indication of Thymus activity, and in the past has been an indicator that the flu is close to ending. I think I am past peak throat pain. Been taking about 4 hot baths a day.

• +1
Reactions: got.daim
Nothing ever happens

• +1
Reactions: bourgeoizyzz, OldRooster and got.daim
real

• +1
Reactions: OldRooster
Day 5: Slept 13 hours last night. I got those sweats just below the clavicle, I think that is an indication of Thymus activity, and in the past has been an indicator that the flu is close to ending. I think I am past peak throat pain. Been taking about 4 hot baths a day.
I hope u get better bro

• +1
this is where he finally dies from covid

• +1
Vaxxed??

• +1
this is where he finally dies from covid
I have had Covid at least twice. The first time, the first month of the pandemic, lasted like 3 weeks. I pretty much have 95% nature immunity to Covid now.

My last flu vaccine was 6 years ago. I don't think the flu vaccines are even out yet for this year.
I got the first covid shot a month after it came out, the J&J/Jansen brand single shot. That is the only Covid vax I have had, as I said i pretty much have natural immunity to Covid having had it at least twice already, I don't see a point in me getting a Covid vax.

eta: I forgot to mention my weird dream last night. I kept having roughly the same dream over and over. I was being held hostage with Jordan Peterson, and our captors were forcing us to carry dead bodies through a swampy jungle.

Last edited: