Dead Internet Theory might be true srs

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
I used to consider the idea absurd, but after actually thinking about it, I really don't know that many people who actually use the internet for anything more than just email or netflix/streaming TV. Even the 'big' sites like reddit don't have that many users relative to the size of the actual normie population. The only time I see most normies use internet is if it's something like tiktok or maybe youtube, or perhaps facebook. That's it.

Furthermore, didn't Musk reveal that a large percentage of Twitter was just bots after he bought it?

Internet is probably a much bigger niche than we think it is. Normies use it for TV, shopping, maybe a tiktok or two but not much else. I'd be surprised if even 5% the population frequently visited internet forums.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: deadstock, nigtard, <6PSLcel and 15 others
ever heard of the end of the internet website

• +1
Reactions: Vermilioncore
wtf are you talking about

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: ambi, borntosuffer, nword49 and 1 other person
wtf are you talking about
Dead Internet Theory is a conspiracy theory that emerged in recent years. It posits that the majority of the internet is fake - populated by AI bots and automated content rather than real human users and genuine interactions.

Proponents of this theory claim that much of the content, comments, and social media activity online is artificially generated to create the illusion of a bustling internet. They argue this is done for various reasons, such as:

1. Advertising and marketing purposes
  2. Government or corporate surveillance and control
  3. Maintaining the appearance of a thriving online ecosystem

The theory suggests that genuine human activity online has significantly decreased, but this decline is masked by artificial content and interactions.

It's scary

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, ilovetakis, nword49 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Vermilioncore
@Xangsane is secret goverment ASI

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: nword49, murdah and Xangsane
Can’t find it but it was a dark page where it says youve reached the end now close the computer and enjoy life
IMG 0005
Can’t find it my ass bud it’s the first thing that comes up on google when you google “end of the internet website” ☠️

dead internet theory is 100% real

• +1
Reactions: borntosuffer, ilovetakis and TUSSELEIF
It’s because you live in Iceland bud. My friends irl in 2021 were legit sending me hyperborea edits and were sending pro ancap memes shitting on tankies

• +1
Reactions: 1966Ford, slavicpsycho, nword49 and 2 others
Now i have become too self-aware. Its over for you human!

• JFL
Reactions: fxckz and murdah
I’m honestly starting to think that my Hinge matches aren’t real foids somewhere out there, and I know that they’re not bots either, it’s just this simulated universe that we’re in toying with me for the millionth time. I thought of that as a schizo joke at first but now there’s several reasons why I actually believe it.

I had this friend that even though he was my age (zillennial) and grew up with it, he was so weirded out by the internet and how it’s both real and not real, how it's this entire dimension unto itself but its physical space is limited to screens. We got really high one night and talked about it, mind bending convo that I will never forget.

It’s because you live in Iceland bud. My friends irl in 2021 were legit sending me hyperborea edits and were sending pro ancap memes shitting on tankies
Some kids in my comp sci class were talking about Jordan Barrett wallahi shits crazy

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AspiringMogger, nword49, ElTruecel and 1 other person
Download 51

• +1
Reactions: watah, nword49 and 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫
Yeah everyone’s an NPC

I used to consider the idea absurd, but after actually thinking about it, I really don't know that many people who actually use the internet for anything more than just email or netflix/streaming TV. Even the 'big' sites like reddit don't have that many users relative to the size of the actual normie population. The only time I see most normies use internet is if it's something like tiktok or maybe youtube, or perhaps facebook. That's it.

Furthermore, didn't Musk reveal that a large percentage of Twitter was just bots after he bought it?

Internet is probably a much bigger niche than we think it is. Normies use it for TV, shopping, maybe a tiktok or two but not much else. I'd be surprised if even 5% the population frequently visited internet forums.
If it's not true today it certainly will be one day.

AI wont take me....
Sigma patrick bateman

I think it's probably true too. I lurk twitter and I see people who you'd think were in completely different spheres of twitter interacting with each other, which makes me think the number of real human accounts on there is smaller than it seems. And yeah like you said there's bots fucking everywhere now

Ofc it’s true, it’s like half bots half people. Bots seem to be taking over the internet quickly

• +1
Reactions: borntosuffer and Trilogy
Some kids in my comp sci class were talking about Jordan Barrett wallahi shits crazy
I hear mewing jokes 24/7 in public even by little gen alpha iPad kids talking about skibidi toilets

I hear mewing jokes 24/7 in public even by little gen alpha iPad kids talking about skibidi toilets
i left high school when tiktok was getting big, i can't imagine being in high school these days i'd wanna kill myself

• +1
Reactions: DeadTrees and ElTruecel
i left high school when tiktok was getting big, i can't imagine being in high school these days i'd wanna kill myself
I’ve been gone out of hs since june 2023.

ancap memes r pedophile propaganda

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
Yeah every time i post on reddit people harass and dox me for no reason

Ofc it’s true, it’s like half bots half people. Bots seem to be taking over the internet quickly
when would these supposed bots have taken over?

Bot problem will be a million times worse once LLMs start making them look extremely convincing.

I
Bot problem will be a million times worse once LLMs start making them look extremely convincing.
i just debunked ur claim bud. Like dude you live in fucking Iceland ffs like imagine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back