Deciding between surgeons(considering Eppley)

S

SoCal69

Iron
Hey guys. First time posting here.
Long post, if you don't want to read, go to bottom where I start talking about Eppley.

I need surgery. No doubt about it, but I have special circumstances. It seems like almost everyone in this forum, and more specifically on this side of the planet usually go for surgery that involved implants or some procedure to make their jawline and cheeks stronger.
I am the opposite. I am originally from Eastern Europe. I have huge/wide zygomas. So wide that it bends the bottom of my temples outwards. And my jaw......well the strength is there but just like the zygoma, it's too much. My jaw is too big and shaped like a square. Luckily for me, there is options to shave this off.

My problem however is choosing a surgeon. This isn't a procedure that any plastic surgeon can do, they have to have a strong background in maxillofacial surgery which not too many in the US do. Most maxillofacial surgeons are in the medical side to treat people who are deformed by birth or accident. I live in LA which is a huge hub for plastic surgery and there is only 3 in all of southern California that I could find that even do this kind of procedure. And all 3 mainly do soft tissue procedures because again, there's not really a need in USA to shave off cheek and jaw bone.

HOWEVER in Korea this is extremely common. They do these procedures left and right because it seems that Asians(men and women) seem to commonly have the issue of having cheek and jaw that are way too strong. In my search, I ended up finding Dr. Lee at his own clinic called "the face dental". I even joined a south korean group on Kokao(it's like a Korean WhatsApp), and talked to many patients who actually got procedures done and it seems like Dr. Lee knows his shit. I legit could not find 1 bad review about him. He seems like the right person for the job. Btw here is his site

HOWEVER I then heard about Dr. Eppley and the fact that some seem to think he is a god. I am new here. So I am not sure if this is flat out trolling, or if people are serious. A quick google search yeilds some scary results in the fact that his past patients have tried to sue him. However I know there's two sides to every story. and botches do happen to every surgeon. So should I bother taking a quick flight to Indiana to visit Eppley and get a 3D scan of my skull and get a consult? Or should I steer clear and go the S.Korea route?
Any input helps, if you guys know of other surgeons plz let me know.
Thank you.

Last edited:
You should go to Korea since they do this surgery everyday. Also it’s like 7k max. No brainer. Eppley can do the surgery but his experience in comparison to South Korean surgeons is a joke

The risk going to Korea is their aesthetics are different from where you live and you dont want to look like a boy which is very popular there. Since you dont speak Korean you will need to be very clear on the aesthetic you want.

Also the consultations there are free so you should see atleast a few surgeons

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SoCal69, randomguy1235 and Lorsss
Hey guys. First time posting here.
Long post, if you don't want to read, go to bottom where I start talking about Eppley.

I need surgery. No doubt about it, but I have special circumstances. It seems like almost everyone in this forum, and more specifically on this side of the planet usually go for surgery that involved implants or some procedure to make their jawline and cheeks stronger.
I am the opposite. I am originally from Eastern Europe. I have huge/wide zygomas. So wide that it bends the bottom of my temples outwards. And my jaw......well the strength is there but just like the zygoma, it's too much. My jaw is too big and shaped like a square. Luckily for me, there is options to shave this off.

My problem however is choosing a surgeon. This isn't a procedure that any plastic surgeon can do, they have to have a strong background in maxillofacial surgery which not too many in the US do. Most maxillofacial surgeons are in the medical side to treat people who are deformed by birth or accident. I live in LA which is a huge hub for plastic surgery and there is only 3 in all of southern California that I could find that even do this kind of procedure. And all 3 mainly do soft tissue procedures because again, there's not really a need in USA to shave off cheek and jaw bone.

HOWEVER in Korea this is extremely common. They do these procedures left and right because it seems that Asians(men and women) seem to commonly have the issue of having cheek and jaw that are way too strong. In my search, I ended up finding Dr. Lee at his own clinic called "the face dental". I even joined a south korean group on Kokao(it's like a Korean WhatsApp), and talked to many patients who actually got procedures done and it seems like Dr. Lee knows his shit. I legit could not find 1 bad review about him. He seems like the right person for the job. Btw here is his site

HOWEVER I then heard about Dr. Eppley and the fact that some seem to think he is a god. I am new here. So I am not sure if this is flat out trolling, or if people are serious. A quick google search yeilds some scary results in the fact that his past patients have tried to sue him. However I know there's two sides to every story. and botches do happen to every surgeon. So should I bother taking a quick flight to Indiana to visit Eppley and get a 3D scan of my skull and get a consult? Or should I steer clear and go the S.Korea route?
Any input helps, if you guys know of other surgeons plz let me know.
Thank you.

Not a word.

Shaving your cheekbones and lower third?
Shit idea, shit thread, KYS.

Most people on here are lacking in bone so they can’t begin to comprehend how someone could have too much, but many Asians do.

When you have too much bone there ends up being a lot of “empty space” on the face and the eyes, nose and mouth look relatively small in comparison to the skull, even though they are usually above average in absolute size.

When you shave the bones the entire face gets framed so much better, all the other features look better, and almost always they end up having better harmony.

The problem with augmentation is that the other features become relatively smaller which puts a limit on how much you can augment.

Asian bone shaving results are way better on average than the augmentation results I’ve seen from Western surgeons

You should go to Korea since they do this surgery everyday. Also it’s like 7k max. No brainer. Eppley can do the surgery but his experience in comparison to South Korean surgeons is a joke

The risk going to Korea is their aesthetics are different from where you live and you dont want to look like a boy which is very popular there. Since you dont speak Korean you will need to be very clear on the aesthetic you want.

I was kinda expecting people to tell me that Eppley would be the no brainer, but from the lack of support for Eppley I am guessing it's more hype than fact.

Good advice, thank you.

Korean surgeons truly are the most talented when it comes to hard bone reduction procedures.

eppley is only considered "God" when it coems to facial implants and cosmetic body procedures, aside from that hes overrated.

I would suggest you go to Korea imo judging form the fact you need to shave off bone, they do that commonly over there

I am going to say this again without explaining, but here it is: There are other surgeons other than Eppley that can also do implants well. This guy is a PSL meme surgeon.

• +1
Reactions: mesr
I would be concerned doctor in South Korea would over do it.Isn't there a Dr Lee that does jaw reductions in Beverly Hills?

You probably know Botox is commonly used to reduce jaw muscle size.

Legend has it Arnold S. had his jaw shaved early in his movie career.

I am going to say this again without explaining, but here it is: There are other surgeons other than Eppley that can also do implants well. This guy is a PSL meme surgeon.
Do you still believe taban is best occuplastic?

Jesus fuck can't you autists tell when a thread is serious or not?
I can assure you I'm dead serious.

Do you still believe taban is best occuplastic?
I need to see one of these too. I can also get this done in Korea but I don't want to stack that many procedures.
Can you reccomend someone better?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205
  • +1
Reactions: SoCal69
Hey buddy. I actually just did surgery in Korea. I had a consult with Dr. Lee of TFD (didn’t pick him though) and I’m in the kakao chat too. Feel free to pm me for any questions :D

• +1
Reactions: SoCal69

South Koreans perform on South Koreans and can easily butcher a westerner. BAD IDEA

South Koreans perform on South Koreans and can easily butcher a westerner. BAD IDEA

you have no idea what you are talking about. plenty of white women go to korea to get their jaws reduced. i met multiple of them in person at the jaw surgery clinics.

Ya
The biggest difference is on this side of the planet is the doctors mainly do soft tissue filler type procedures.
Very few cut bone. Some have the ability to do so, but do it rarely because once again there is not much need for it in the west.

In S.Korea on the other hand, they their surgeons cut bone everyday. They're so crazy about plastic surgery in that country that some parents gift their kids plastic surgery work as a graduation present. And the most common thing they do is hard bone cutting procedures.

Again, I made this thread thinking I was going to get talked into Eppley but I guess even he lacks skill in this field.