DHT itch // Scalp Inflammation and hairloss

Kroker

Kroker

Unfazed
People who experienced hairloss, have you guys felt the infamous DHT itch?

Burning, itch, like ants crawling underneath your scalp, pins and needles sensations?

Many people have reported the "DHT itch" once their hairloss started!

If any of you guys had, what did you do to stop it?

Tagging people who interacted with my previous hairloss threads.

@kamil @Sir Galachad @Tasty17 @DHTrash @TrestIsBest @FinasterideAt17 @SubhumanCurrycel @ifyouwannabemylover @buflek

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Baldingman1998, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 4 others
I experienced some form of hair loss (small temple recession) and yes my scalp used to itch but it stop once I start massaging it.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88

Burning, itch, like ants crawling underneath your scalp, pins and needles sensations?

@kamil @Sir Galachad @Tasty17 @DHTrash @TrestIsBest @FinasterideAt17 @SubhumanCurrycel @ifyouwannabemylover @buflek
Yes, I did, it's real. It stopped after taking Finasteride.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: User28823, TsarTsar444 and Kroker
Same here... It vanished with finasteride but I can't keep on fin... Insomnia cucks me... So I'm looking for other solutions...

What are you on now to keep the DHT itch at bay?

I looked for solutions and anti-histamines like Cetrizine and Fexofenadine can halt it. Not to mention corticosteroids.
I experienced some form of hair loss (small temple recession) and yes my scalp used to itch but it stop once I start massaging it.
I'm talking about persistent DHT itch that indicates hairloss is happening at said area. And no scalp massage can solve it. It has to be treated with meds.
DHT itch is an indicator of hairloss. Some people experience it when hairloss happens. Others don't just like you.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Elvisandreaa
i only had it in my left temple all the time, now it went over to the right temple

i guess my hairloss is stabilizing on left and now going right. hope it stops there

but ketazolil/nizoral definitely helped with the itch

also make sure to massage it instead of using ur nails. it works to heal the itching imo

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3672, Elvisandreaa and Kroker
i only had it in my left temple all the time, now it went over to the right temple

i guess my hairloss is stabilizing on left and now going right. hope it stops there

also make sure to massage it instead of using ur nails. it works to heal the itching imo
When you used to take fin, did it stop the itch?

Also buy Cetrizine 10mg, take one pill at morning. It might get you sedated abit. But you wanna monitor what will it do to your temple itch.

Trial for 4 days / one week. If the itch is still there bump it twice a day.

Look up for anti-histamines. Some users on r/tressless found relief when using them.

• +1
Reactions: buflek
No itch but I have a lot of scalp tension I noticed. Probably from sitting too long. Massaging helps relieve it for like 10 minutes

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kroker
When you used to take fin, did it stop the itch?

Also buy Cetrizine 10mg, take one pill at morning. It might get you sedated abit. But you wanna monitor what will it do to your temple itch.

Trial for 4 days / one week. If the itch is still there bump it twice a day.

Look up for anti-histamines. Some users on r/tressless found relief when using them.
my itch isnt that bad tbh and its only on temple and not there all the time

but yea i think it stopped with fin

• +1
no

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover and Kroker

It can be also https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27661430/ it's in 95 percent misdiagnosed, itch burning and inflammation is very common. It can also be a combination of Androgenetic and scarring alopecia.
Finasterid helps, if you have side effects reduce it to 0.25 mg every 2 days. Cetrizine also helps. If it should be a type of the mentioned alopecia so hydroxychloroquin helps and mtx. Also supplement Vitamine D3 + K2 and liposomal Curcumine (without piperin)

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Kroker
It can be also https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27661430/ it's in 95 percent misdiagnosed, itch burning and inflammation is very common. It can also be a combination of Androgenetic and scarring alopecia.
Finasterid helps, if you have side effects reduce it to 0.25 mg every 2 days. Cetrizine also helps. If it should be a type of the mentioned alopecia so hydroxychloroquin helps and mtx. Also supplement Vitamine D3 + K2 and liposomal Curcumine (without piperin)
Thanks for the detailed response.

1) Have you had the itch? How did you treat it?

2) I couldn't keep up with finasteride, even 0.25mg causes insomnia yet it has halted the DHT itch.

3) Is Cetrizine the same as hydroxychloroquin? Should I take only 10mg Cetrizine or can I take 20mg (one morning/night)

4) Mtx?

5) I already supplement D3, but when I took MK7 it has accelerated my MPB and increased the itch all around my scalp.
Same happened with Magnesium (Taurate and Gylcinate) increased the itch too.

6) Whats wrong with Piperin? Can't take Curcumin as a pill? I doubt I'll find it as a Liposomal solution here.

7) The study youve linked looks the same as Trichodynia. Look it up.

PLEASE answer all the questions, I need your knowledge!

I appreciate your time, tysm.

• +1
Reactions: Dunkelheit and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Male pattern baldness causes slow progressive weakening of the hair follicles without perceivable pain.
That being said, high levels of DHT (which are not directly linked to MPB, as it's not DHT levels themselves that cause balding but rather high DHT sensitivity in the hair follicles) can also lead to scalp inflammation, which can cause itch and can cause temporary hair loss.

The fact that:
  • some people experience both MPB and itching
  • some people experience itching without MPB
  • some people experience MPB without itching
Are all clear signals that these are unrelated issues. Just because both affect your hair/scalp it doesn't mean they HAVE to be related.

The fact that Finasteride stops itching is due to the fact that Finasteride is also used to treat extreme cases of seborrheic dermatitis; sebum is linked to DHT, and shutting down DHT production helps control sebum. That doesn't mean that if your scalp itches (or even if you lose hair due to the scratching/inflammation) you're going to go bald. Women get itchy scalps too, and very few of them get Male Pattern Baldness.

• +1
Reactions: Sir Galachad, Kroker and TsarTsar444
answer is obvious

• +1
Reactions: User28823 and Kroker
What?? I had this type of itching since my late teens at least (maybe earlier i just don't remember, im 22yo now).

It's basically like mild needle like sensations in the scalp, but interestingly not necessarily on the temple region, just generally everywhere including sides where hair loss doesn't happen.

Something even more interesting is that i have this itch even worse on my face and i have lots of acne. So this means my acne is caused by excess dht or dht sensitivity?? Very interesting if true.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Kroker

Ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral) worked for me too.

• +1
Reactions: buflek, Kroker and Deleted member 20631
Male pattern baldness causes slow progressive weakening of the hair follicles without perceivable pain.
That being said, high levels of DHT (which are not directly linked to MPB, as it's not DHT levels themselves that cause balding but rather high DHT sensitivity in the hair follicles) can also lead to scalp inflammation, which can cause itch and can cause temporary hair loss.

The fact that:
Are all clear signals that these are unrelated issues. Just because both affect your hair/scalp it doesn't mean they HAVE to be related.

The fact that Finasteride stops itching is due to the fact that Finasteride is also used to treat extreme cases of seborrheic dermatitis; sebum is linked to DHT, and shutting down DHT production helps control sebum. That doesn't mean that if your scalp itches (or even if you lose hair due to the scratching/inflammation) you're going to go bald. Women get itchy scalps too, and very few of them get Male Pattern Baldness.
What are the treatments? Except for 5AR inhibitors?
What?? I had this type of itching since my late teens at least (maybe earlier i just don't remember, im 22yo now).

It's basically like mild needle like sensations in the scalp, but interestingly not necessarily on the temple region, just generally everywhere including sides where hair loss doesn't happen.

Something even more interesting is that i have this itch even worse on my face and i have lots of acne. So this means my acne is caused by excess dht or dht sensitivity?? Very interesting if true.
I don't have it on my face. Just scalp precisely on my left temple.

Tho are you on any hairloss treatments?

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444

The problem with things like scalp inflammation is that there can be dozens of causes: stress, diet, genetics, products...
I'd recommend switching to shampoos that specifically target inflammation, many use Nizoral.

• +1

No, my hairline is almost exactly the same as 3.5 years ago when i was 18, only difference is my left temple has slightly receded so now they are both even. Between 17-20 my right temple was more receded then my left, and now they are the same since maybe 1-2 years ago. Hope it just stays like this in my 20's tbh

The fact that:

Absolutely correct. I am not used to high quality posts like these, damn.

Thanks for the detailed response.

1) Have you had the itch? How did you treat it?

2) I couldn't keep up with finasteride, even 0.25mg causes insomnia yet it has halted the DHT itch.

3) Is Cetrizine the same as hydroxychloroquin? Should I take only 10mg Cetrizine or can I take 20mg (one morning/night)

4) Mtx?

5) I already supplement D3, but when I took MK7 it has accelerated my MPB and increased the itch all around my scalp.
Same happened with Magnesium (Taurate and Gylcinate) increased the itch too.

6) Whats wrong with Piperin? Can't take Curcumin as a pill? I doubt I'll find it as a Liposomal solution here.

7) The study youve linked looks the same as Trichodynia. Look it up.

PLEASE answer all the questions, I need your knowledge!

I appreciate your time, tysm.
@Carpediem

yeah. I'm surprised it's not thinner considering how bad it was

• +1
not necessarily on the temple region, just generally everywhere including sides where hair loss doesn't happen
your sides can thin as well

• Woah
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Fin got rid of most of my scalp inflammation but I only started it recently so it’s not completely gone, went out and bough Nizoral/Ketaconzole shampoo and plan on using it once a week

• +1
Fin got rid of most of my scalp inflammation but I only started it recently so it’s not completely gone, went out and bough Nizoral/Ketaconzole shampoo and plan on using it once a week
Finasteride dose?

Try Cetirizine or Levocetrizine it can help with the inflammation. (anti-histamines)

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
Finasteride dose?

Try Cetirizine or Levocetrizine it can help with the inflammation. (anti-histamines)
I buy 5 mg proscar/propecia and cut a tablet into 8 pieces so my daily dose is around 0.625, I try to be accurate in making sure they’re all equal size but it doesn’t really matter.

I got slight sexual side effects, erection quality is lower but before fin mine wasn’t optimal regardless and pleasure from nutting is also lowered but my dick has been taking abuse from me every night for years, someone who never masturbated will probably get 0 noticeable side effects.

I’ve been considering investing into a bathmate for the improved erection quality as well as size increase because all I need is an inch to length and girth and I’d have a mogger dick.

• +1

For sure I felt such an itch

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Kroker
@kingOfCrash @max_frisch I saw your recent posts about hairloss.

Thoughts?

it happens to some

Severe acne is almost always because of high DHT

No offense bro but yours reminds me of those guys who get posted on reddit gym subs for unfortunate victims of DHT derivatives

DHT not only rapes scalp hair follicles but completely ruins skin by throwing sebum production into overdrive. Many people report the cessation of their acne upon taking 5aRI ‘s like finasteride

I’ve also read somewhere there’s a strong link between DHT and dandruff

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: tinderhacker, Gargamel, AscendingHero and 3 others
For me 0.5mg of finasteride daily prevents DHT itch, but 0.25mg doesn't. You must not itch because it can contribute to hair loss, instead you must pat the area.

Nizoral and T-Gel shampoo also help prevent itching. A lot of shampoos and conditioners seem to irritate my scalp and contribute to itching, so I use Mane 'n Tail which has very simple ingredients. I think excess levels of sebum on the scalp isn't good either, so I try to shampoo daily.

Any time I've tried to use a topical that's supposed to promote hair growth, it caused hair loss. So I would not consider using something like The Ordinary's hair growth serums.

Minoxidil can cause shedding. Consistency with minoxidil is necessary, but also difficult due to the application process and side effects. It also may lose effectiveness after ~15 years of use, and then lead to baldness.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Kroker, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Elvisandreaa
yes. very oily scalp and face, acne, a lot of dandruff, gets very itchy if i didnt wash my hair every single day. got on fin and i basically have no dandruff and itchy scalp now. oil production drastically reduced, less acne too. fuck DHT.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Gargamel and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Severe acne is almost always because of high DHT

No offense bro but yours reminds me of those guys who get posted on reddit gym subs for unfortunate victims of DHT derivatives

DHT not only rapes scalp hair follicles but completely ruins skin by throwing sebum production into overdrive. Many people report the cessation of their acne upon taking 5aRI ‘s like finasteride

I’ve also read somewhere there’s a strong link between DHT and dandruff
Fuark makes sense, cause my hair doesn't itch, its very rare, but unironically my face skin giga itches. It seems like depending on genetics, you may be skin dht sensitive (acne) or hair sensitive (balding), i see to have the former. Cause everytime i get that itching on skin i get acne later jfl

• +1
Reactions: Gargamel, Prettyboy and Kroker
For me 0.5mg of finasteride daily prevents DHT itch, but 0.25mg doesn't. You must not itch because it can contribute to hair loss, instead you must pat the area.

Nizoral and T-Gel shampoo also help prevent itching. A lot of shampoos and conditioners seem to irritate my scalp and contribute to itching, so I use Mane 'n Tail which has very simple ingredients. I think excess levels of sebum on the scalp isn't good either, so I try to shampoo daily.

Any time I've tried to use a topical that's supposed to promote hair growth, it caused hair loss. So I would not consider using something like The Ordinary's hair growth serums.

Minoxidil can cause shedding. Consistency with minoxidil is necessary, but also difficult due to the application process and side effects. It also may lose effectiveness after ~15 years of use, and then lead to baldness.
Each time I take finasteride, I get insomnia...

Should I push through and hope for sides to fade? Every time I quit on one month mark.

But with first dose of 0.25mg I had insomnia and quit on the first day...

Each time I take finasteride, I get insomnia...

Should I push through and hope for sides to fade? Every time I quit on one month mark.

But with first dose of 0.25mg I had insomnia and quit on the first day...
It's up to you how important your hair is. For me, my hair is important enough to deal with the side effects.

Take the fin and combat the insomnia side effect by using black out curtains / eye mask, magnesium during the day and melatonin before bed.

examine.com says: Start with 0.5 mg (500 mcg) of melatonin half an hour before bed. You can increase by 0.5 mg each week until you find the lowest effective dose that works, but do not exceed 5 mg (5,000 mcg).

• +1
It's up to you how important your hair is. For me, my hair is important enough to deal with the side effects.

Take the fin and combat the insomnia side effect by using black out curtains / eye mask, magnesium during the day and melatonin before bed.

examine.com says: Start with 0.5 mg (500 mcg) of melatonin half an hour before bed. You can increase by 0.5 mg each week until you find the lowest effective dose that works, but do not exceed 5 mg (5,000 mcg).
What side effects are you dealing with? And well my hair is important for me too.

Have you thought about giving topical a shot? To minimize sides even further?

What about AAs? Such as fluridil, breezula and alfatradiol.

What side effects are you dealing with? And well my hair is important for me too.

Have you thought about giving topical a shot? To minimize sides even further?

What about AAs? Such as fluridil, breezula and alfatradiol.
where the fuck to source breezula

why cant any of these cuck chemists come up with a single topical that metabolizes into irrelevance to avoid systemic effect

ai powered drug discovery better shit some gold out before i go nw7

where the fuck to source breezula

why cant any of these cuck chemists come up with a single topical that metabolizes into irrelevance to avoid systemic effect

ai powered drug discovery better shit some gold out before i go nw7
Breezula from Actifolic.com but it's pricey asf... Gotta run Onlyfans to be able to purchase it monthly

Have you tried fin or duta?

Breezula from Actifolic.com but it's pricey asf... Gotta run Onlyfans to be able to purchase it monthly

Have you tried fin or duta?
nah havent, my dick is already decrepit
do you know more about breezula sides? And which concentration would you opt for?

actually i heard they had shit 12 month trials and something similar happened to ru where hair loss got paradoxically worse after 6 months or some other checkpoint because of androgen receptor fuckery

edit: nah fuck all this bs man. fuck the chinese, fuck the italians, all the bullshit redditors are excited about is the same penicidal brainicidal shit

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kroker and PURE ARYAN GENETICS

Yes. Get on Dutasteride asap

Skulls with shapes that cause lots of tension create baldness by the tension making the DHT park there to work it's magic. If the skull shape isn't really bad scalp massages and dermarolling can counteract a lot of the baldness from that tension.

Yes. Get on Dutasteride asap
Nigga I couldn't even tolerate 0.25mg finasteride... The fuck why I would go on a drug that's 3× stronger than fin. No brainer

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2268
Nigga I couldn't even tolerate 0.25mg finasteride... The fuck why I would go on a drug that's 3× stronger than fin. No brainer
Sides are mental

• JFL
Sides are mental
Yeah sure buddy, I'm deluding myself into believing that a potential cure for my hairloss is causing me nocebo effects LMAO

Suck this DHT less dick you ignorant fuck

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2268
Fuark makes sense, cause my hair doesn't itch, its very rare, but unironically my face skin giga itches. It seems like depending on genetics, you may be skin dht sensitive (acne) or hair sensitive (balding), i see to have the former. Cause everytime i get that itching on skin i get acne later jfl
I have seb derm, dandruff, super oily skin and scalp.

Meat based diet helps a ton but it's not a complete cure.

I'm seriously thinking of hopping on fin to see if it helps. It's not like my hair isn't in the beginning stages of MPB.

How did you cure it?
I didn't. even on dutasteride it's inflamed. but ketoconazole shampoo helps for a day or so

btw no way finasteride gives you insomnia. just keep taking it if it worked for you. no brainer

kevin in his latest vid suggests that LLLT might help with itching

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back