Did Invisalign expand your pallet?

3arsa

Bronze
Did it expand your pallete and also did you notice any different facial changes?

4 months in, my suture is fused so i wont be getting any bone expansion but i just measured my first retainer vs my the one i put in last week and it was 1mm wider so maybe some tooth borne expansion but thats about it

with these retainers what's happened to me is since i grind at night, i press my molars and the retainer pushes my teeth into the gum which has created a posterior open bite but now there seems to be enough space between my molars that i no longer hardcore grind at night which has significantly reduced my masseter hypertrophy and made me look way better - i look leaner, my lips fit better, the ratios are just better overall its actually fucking lifefuel af but this only applies to u if u had hypertrophied masseters and in my case i have whatever gonions that look shit with hypertrophied masseters

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular and 3arsa
4 months in, my suture is fused so i wont be getting any bone expansion but i just measured my first retainer vs my the one i put in last week and it was 1mm wider so maybe some tooth borne expansion but thats about it

with these retainers what's happened to me is since i grind at night, i press my molars and the retainer pushes my teeth into the gum which has created a posterior open bite but now there seems to be enough space between my molars that i no longer hardcore grind at night which has significantly reduced my masseter hypertrophy and made me look way better - i look leaner, my lips fit better, the ratios are just better overall its actually fucking lifefuel af but this only applies to u if u had hypertrophied masseters and in my case i have whatever gonions that look shit with hypertrophied masseters
intersting, thanks for the reply man. Also, when you got the invisalign did you have to ask your orthodontists speciafally taht you wanted to expand your teeht for a wider smile or he just did it.

intersting, thanks for the reply man. Also, when you got the invisalign did you have to ask your orthodontists speciafally taht you wanted to expand your teeht for a wider smile or he just did it.
no i just told him i want symmetry, i know that with a fused suture there is no actual bone expansion but in most cases of invisalign or braces there is tooth-borne expansion anyway

if u genuinely need bone expansion then go to an ortho and get mse

• +1
no i just told him i want symmetry, i know that with a fused suture there is no actual bone expansion but in most cases of invisalign or braces there is tooth-borne expansion anyway

if u genuinely need bone expansion then go to an ortho and get mse
nah MSE makes you ogere as fuck so I'm probaly just gonna go ahead and get invisalign. Also, did you have a lisp with invisalign, did anyone notice it and did you have to get those things protruding from your teeth for the invislaign.

nah MSE makes you ogere as fuck so I'm probaly just gonna go ahead and get invisalign. Also, did you have a lisp with invisalign, did anyone notice it and did you have to get those things protruding from your teeth for the invislaign.
yep, invisalign gave me a lisp that never went away like many ppl claim it did for them, although i find ways to speak that prevents it from being severe

no one noticed it visibly as far as i can tell

and everyone requires attachments, otherwise there will be nothing for the retainer to hold onto

• +1
mse looks ogere as shit and fucks porportions cause no forward growth
Well Ive got good news for you - invisalign will provide zero lateral growth and zero forward growth.

check out jaw hacks on youtube.

Well Ive got good news for you - invisalign will provide zero lateral growth and zero forward growth.

check out jaw hacks on youtube.
ye but atleast the ratios and proportions won't be fucked. if you get MSE you have too much lateral growth with 0 forward growth

• +1
Reactions: 2d v2 and Clavicular
Thinking of using a palate expander on upper and lower jaw and then doing invisalign after

Bro but your gonna have to have that gap in ur teeth for a while which is brutal dude
I have crowding already so it would probably be fine. Also could do alignment at the same time as the palate expander potentially if the metal from the expander does not clash.

I have crowding already so it would probably be fine. Also could do alignment at the same time as the palate expander potentially if the metal from the expander does not clash.
Maybe ye. Good luck bro

• +1
Reactions: monecel