Did you find friends you actually connected with in university?

NoLongerHuman

NoLongerHuman

Mine has been a life of much shame
I've just entered university for a month. So far no actual friends, just people I'd consider acquaintances. Overwhelming majority of people here are already in their own friend groups because they were from boarding schools. Over for day schoolcels like me

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: optimisticzoomer, Snowskinned, watah and 1 other person
Not really tbh. Only person I hung out with in my first year of college was a friend from high school. Only made acquaintances. Starting my 2nd year soon tho

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: watah and NoLongerHuman
Not really tbh. Only person I hung out with in my first year of college was a friend from high school. Only made acquaintances. Starting my 2nd year soon tho
brutal, you guys still friends?

• +1
Reactions: BeanletMogger
brutal, you guys still friends?
Yeah, we just shared some classes so we hung out in between classes. I get what you mean about people seemingly having their own groups already though. A lot of ppl complain abt being lonely at my uni because of that

• +1
Reactions: NoLongerHuman
most people in uni already have a social group buddys from school or some shit

• +1
Reactions: vratisevojvodo
I made no friends on my course. And pretty much stopped attending in person after first year. But I made some friends from halls

• So Sad
Reactions: Clqs, BeanletMogger and NoLongerHuman
most people in uni already have a social group buddys from school or some shit
but why not be open to finding new friends? is it because they're secure with the relationships they concurrently have? me and my friends in highschool were open to meeting new people, so why isn't it the same case in uni

I've just entered university for a month. So far no actual friends, just people I'd consider acquaintances. Overwhelming majority of people here are already in their own friend groups because they were from boarding schools. Over for day schoolcels like me
no

• +1
Reactions: BeanletMogger
No. I had people from my student-dorm whom I connected with, but once people graduated and moved out of the dorm, these connections instantly died.

Socializing not worth it, never doing it again.

• So Sad
Reactions: Clqs, BeanletMogger and NoLongerHuman
but why not be open to finding new friends? is it because they're secure with the relationships they concurrently have? me and my friends in highschool were open to meeting new people, so why isn't it the same case in uni
their decisions are not driven by rationality dont think to much into it

• +1
Reactions: BeanletMogger and NoLongerHuman
Really just pot luck in class for myself

If i vibe with someone i happened to speak to we will just keep contact. Lit rally chances thats why i have so few friends

• +1
Reactions: BeanletMogger and NoLongerHuman
im just gonna sound you're very close to making a routine where you dont have friends.
happened me, was aloien for 3 years :feelsuhh:

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: NoLongerHuman and BeanletMogger
Really just pot luck in class for myself

If i vibe with someone i happened to speak to we will just keep contact. Lit rally chances thats why i have so few friends
how do you know if you vibe with eachother? everyone here is kinda self-obsessed and only wanting to talk about their shit, and i'm just sitting there listening cause muh how to win friends and influence people

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
Jfl I’m gonna start uni next week and the only friend I have thus far is a childhood friend from elementary :forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
how do you know if you vibe with eachother? everyone here is kinda self-obsessed and only wanting to talk about their shit, and i'm just sitting there listening cause muh how to win friends and influence people
theres only 2 things
1. you're a fucking weirdo change
2. you're not a weirdo, and they're all stupid faggots.

If someone in uni reminds me of people at my highschool thats usually what I go by that makes it clear ill get on with them or reminds me of other friends ive had

Ur right….90% of people are boring and if youre ND its even more glaringly clear for u . The reality is most people in big groups are pretty boring when i hung out with them and u wont find legit bonds rhat quick as a non nt unless u hobbymax and have passions

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel and NoLongerHuman
BTW i live in the dorms and i just cage because my roommate is a fat subhuman who literally does every bad habit for looksmaxxing and somehow has a huge social circle

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
most expect yu to win them over through tremendous amounts of bootlicking
to get a boring as mid friend

normal people dont give a fuck about you you must become special to them

• +1
Reactions: NoLongerHuman
theres only 2 things
1. you're a fucking weirdo change
2. you're not a weirdo, and they're all stupid faggots.
i'm not a weirdo, i'm able to converse well with others. it's tough to connect because i have to essentially dumb myself down to relate with them. i know this because i was exactly like them back when i mingled with people like that. i don't wanna lower my iq just so that i could make half-assed relationships with self-obsessed shits

most expect yu to win them over through tremendous amounts of bootlicking
to get a boring as mid friend

normal people dont give a fuck about you you must become special to them
yuh you're right, and it's just mentally exhausting to put in such effort for low reward