Dislocated my shoulder yesterday

Deleted member 275

Deleted member 275

Kraken
Couldn't sleep due to constant negative thoughts and childhood trauma's living rent-free inside of my head. I decided to go out for a bit of longboarding around the city. I made some mistake and fell and due to shit luck it dislocated my shoulder. That shit hurts like a motherfucker, but not the worst pain I have experienced. I broke my collar-bone with skiing and that was less painfull, I got a football thrown straight into my balls one time and that got me close to passing out. But, I woke up with ridiculous anal cramping pain once and that was so painfull that it caused me to pass out on my way to the toilet. Never had that again though, luckily. Anyways..

5AM, nobody outside and I am barely able to walk due to the pain my shoulder is causing. I didn't have a wallet with me so I couldn't pay for a cab and calling an ambulance for a dislocated shoulder seemed overkill + too expensive. (That would be 500 euro down the drain or so)

So there I was, strolling through the city in a completely retarded pose to minimize the pain, trying to get to my place. I googled how to put my shoulder back in place myself, but I have never had a dislocated shoulder before and I considered it a stupid idea.

Eventually I came across 2 drunk guys, they saw me struggling and I felt like a wounded animal ready to be slaughtered. Legit the first thing that came to my head was that they were gonna fuck me up, because I was unable to defend myself. Instead they tried to help me and walked to my house with me where I was able to get my wallet. A friend of mine was gonna go to the hospital with me and I called a cab.

I came to the hospital and was helped immediately because it was completely empty at this time (6AM). The staff was really friendly and they gave me 2 morphine nasal sprays. It got rid of some of the pain after which they popped my shoulder back in place and made some x-rays. You have to relax your muscles whilst they prepare to pop your shoulder back in place, this part is painfull. But the part where they force your shoulder into place doesn't hurt at all, I was quite suprised. Immediate pain relief followed. I chatted a bit with the nurse who was a ~40yo crossfit athlete about when I was going to be able to gymcel again so that was quite nice. 15 mins later I was in a cab back to my house and now shit is gucci again.

Honestly I am very positively suprised by humanity. I could've been fucked up by those drunk guys or left to live with a dislocated shoulder for the rest of my life. The pain was very bad, but I survived and managed to stay calm and rational. I can now scratch 'get a dislocated shoulder' off my bucket-list tbh, a negative experience is still an experience.

You would think I feel like shit now, but I feel like I am alive again? I felt a connection to society because society and people think I am worth helping out. The 40yo nurse was a woman, but she didn't treat me like shit for being a sub8 male.

8/10 evening. Wouldn't recommend, but if it happens to you, don't worry because the pain is manageable and shit will be gucci again in no time.

• +1
Reactions: vHenri and WhiskeyCocaine
Read it all OP

Seems like a traumatic experience but it's good you came out alright in the end

I have trouble sleeping too ...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275
Couldn't sleep due to constant negative thoughts and childhood trauma's living rent-free inside of my head. I decided to go out for a bit of longboarding around the city. I made some mistake and fell and due to shit luck it dislocated my shoulder. That shit hurts like a motherfucker, but not the worst pain I have experienced. I broke my collar-bone with skiing and that was less painfull, I got a football thrown straight into my balls one time and that got me close to passing out. But, I woke up with ridiculous anal cramping pain once and that was so painfull that it caused me to pass out on my way to the toilet. Never had that again though, luckily. Anyways..

5AM, nobody outside and I am barely able to walk due to the pain my shoulder is causing. I didn't have a wallet with me so I couldn't pay for a cab and calling an ambulance for a dislocated shoulder seemed overkill + too expensive. (That would be 500 euro down the drain or so)

So there I was, strolling through the city in a completely retarded pose to minimize the pain, trying to get to my place. I googled how to put my shoulder back in place myself, but I have never had a dislocated shoulder before and I considered it a stupid idea.

Eventually I came across 2 drunk guys, they saw me struggling and I felt like a wounded animal ready to be slaughtered. Legit the first thing that came to my head was that they were gonna fuck me up, because I was unable to defend myself. Instead they tried to help me and walked to my house with me where I was able to get my wallet. A friend of mine was gonna go to the hospital with me and I called a cab.

I came to the hospital and was helped immediately because it was completely empty at this time (6AM). The staff was really friendly and they gave me 2 morphine nasal sprays. It got rid of some of the pain after which they popped my shoulder back in place and made some x-rays. You have to relax your muscles whilst they prepare to pop your shoulder back in place, this part is painfull. But the part where they force your shoulder into place doesn't hurt at all, I was quite suprised. Immediate pain relief followed. I chatted a bit with the nurse who was a ~40yo crossfit athlete about when I was going to be able to gymcel again so that was quite nice. 15 mins later I was in a cab back to my house and now shit is gucci again.

Honestly I am very positively suprised by humanity. I could've been fucked up by those drunk guys or left to live with a dislocated shoulder for the rest of my life. The pain was very bad, but I survived and managed to stay calm and rational. I can now scratch 'get a dislocated shoulder' off my bucket-list tbh, a negative experience is still an experience.

You would think I feel like shit now, but I feel like I am alive again? I felt a connection to society because society and people think I am worth helping out. The 40yo nurse was a woman, but she didn't treat me like shit for being a sub8 male.

8/10 evening. Wouldn't recommend, but if it happens to you, don't worry because the pain is manageable and shit will be gucci again in no time.
nobody cares if your sad cunt

giphy.gif

Shouldve been dead bro. Better off dead

Read it all OP

Seems like a traumatic experience but it's good you came out alright in the end

I have trouble sleeping too ...
legit, i just need a woman to sleep next to me tbh. I used to sleep way better back when i still had gf. Now i have constant nightmares, sleep-walking, etc.

• So Sad
Reactions: WhiskeyCocaine