Disney Introduces Its First Plus-Size Heroine

D

Deleted member 21716

Victim of autocorrect
Reflect tells the story of a “a ballet dancer who battles her own reflection"]

Disney has introduced its first plus-size female protagonist, and the news has gone viral on TikTok. Reflect is a Disney+ short film about “a ballet dancer [called Bianca] who battles her own reflection, overcoming doubt and fear by channeling her inner strength, grace and power”.

It will be part of Disney's Short Circuit series of experimental films, focusing on the issue of body image and the importance of channeling your own identity while developing and protecting your own self-esteem.

The announcement read: "Disney has released a new trailer for a brand new original short, “Reflect”, which is from the second season of “Short Circuit Experimental Films” from Walt Disney Animation Studios.

The short is directed by Hillary Bradfield, a Disney Animation story artist (“Frozen 2,” “Encanto”) since 2017, and centers on Bianca, a ballet dancer who battles her own reflection, overcoming doubt and fear by channeling her inner strength, grace and power."

The small clip from the film shows Bianca practising ballet in the mirror, and the mirror image of herself breaking apart – symbolising the broken way in which she perceives her body.

Growing up, many of us internalized toxic expectations of our bodies, so it's super positive that Disney is spotlighting these stories in this way. TikTok users have spoken out about what Reflect and Bianca means to them, as well as their own similar experiences, and it's really quite amazing to see.

One Posted: “I used to dance (not exclusively ballet) and went though similar feelings, so I’m excited to see this!!”, while another commented: "she looks exactly like me when i was her age ! i was in the same situation in dance classes".

Survivors and current sufferers of body dysmorphia have spoken up, proving how important seeing yourself and your experiences in films like this is to recovery and inclusivity.

“As someone who's dealt with and still deals with this, it's very comforting to finally see it being depicted,” one TikTok user has said. Another posted: “I wish I could have seen this when I was younger! But so happy things are changing!”

The Reflect teaser has definitely had an emotional reaction. One TikTok fan even said: “Have a feeling I might sob at this”. And honestly? Same.

Reflect is available to stream now on Disney+.

@Octillionaire
@thecel
thoughts?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 22124, Deleted member 16369 and Xangsane
they had to give it an ugly pug face
couldn't they at least have given it a stacey face and some tits with some resemblance of an hourglass shape rather than a fucking beer belly

• JFL
Reactions: looksmaxxed
fat white women finally got their black panther

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: spark, to be human and ItsOVERBuddyBoyos
fatcel = volcel

The animators are currently working on her BBC boyfriend for the sequel.

• JFL
Reactions: chadmanlet04, looksmaxxed, ItsOVERBuddyBoyos and 1 other person
Disney hasn’t been good in a decade (with some exceptions) so I don’t care about this particular movie but it just shows that degenerate ideologies are being pushed more and more by the media (LGBT, body positivity etc). It’s a real shame

Reflect tells the story of a “a ballet dancer who battles her own reflection"]

Disney has introduced its first plus-size female protagonist, and the news has gone viral on TikTok. Reflect is a Disney+ short film about “a ballet dancer [called Bianca] who battles her own reflection, overcoming doubt and fear by channeling her inner strength, grace and power”.

It will be part of Disney's Short Circuit series of experimental films, focusing on the issue of body image and the importance of channeling your own identity while developing and protecting your own self-esteem.

The announcement read: "Disney has released a new trailer for a brand new original short, “Reflect”, which is from the second season of “Short Circuit Experimental Films” from Walt Disney Animation Studios.

The short is directed by Hillary Bradfield, a Disney Animation story artist (“Frozen 2,” “Encanto”) since 2017, and centers on Bianca, a ballet dancer who battles her own reflection, overcoming doubt and fear by channeling her inner strength, grace and power."

The small clip from the film shows Bianca practising ballet in the mirror, and the mirror image of herself breaking apart – symbolising the broken way in which she perceives her body.

Growing up, many of us internalized toxic expectations of our bodies, so it's super positive that Disney is spotlighting these stories in this way. TikTok users have spoken out about what Reflect and Bianca means to them, as well as their own similar experiences, and it's really quite amazing to see.

One Posted: “I used to dance (not exclusively ballet) and went though similar feelings, so I’m excited to see this!!”, while another commented: "she looks exactly like me when i was her age ! i was in the same situation in dance classes".

Survivors and current sufferers of body dysmorphia have spoken up, proving how important seeing yourself and your experiences in films like this is to recovery and inclusivity.

“As someone who's dealt with and still deals with this, it's very comforting to finally see it being depicted,” one TikTok user has said. Another posted: “I wish I could have seen this when I was younger! But so happy things are changing!”

The Reflect teaser has definitely had an emotional reaction. One TikTok fan even said: “Have a feeling I might sob at this”. And honestly? Same.

Reflect is available to stream now on Disney+.

@Octillionaire
@thecel
thoughts?

i'm going on a hunger strike until we get our chunky Disney Prince

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21716
they already had fat asses

868f78-20151104-dance-hours.jpg

from fantasia

At this point their just advertising swires. Anything but bio i guess.

Real women probably do get fat due to the estrogen creating fat layers, but the swire is different as she shares a lower body similar to how a mans lower body and hips would be.

This beer belly and thin leg look is prevalent, but only because a lot of ppl are probably swires. But ofc disney opts to create this image as the norm and representative of plus sized women, instead of a regular girl with curves and actual hips and legs that match the fat on her.

Deception.

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back