Ditch the Fade: Why Medium-Length Hair is the Way to Go

zerotohero

zerotohero

Proverbs 25:28
Just dropping a quick reminder today to steer clear of fades in your hair. Trust me, it's a styling choice that can have unintended consequences. Let me share a couple of reasons why I think it's best to avoid them.

First and foremost, fades tend to make your head appear narrower. It's like an optical illusion that can give your overall look a less flattering shape. So if you're aiming for a well-proportioned appearance, it might be wise to skip the fade.

Secondly, if you're sporting a longer hairstyle, like the trendy curtains, combining it with a fade can result in an odd and uncanny effect. Picture this: the hair on top is long and flowing, while the sides and back are clipped too short. It almost looks as if you abruptly left the barbershop in the middle of a haircut. Not exactly the vibe most of us are going for, right?

Believe me, I learned this lesson the hard way. Just a few days ago, I visited my barber hoping to tidy up my curtains hairstyle. Unfortunately, I failed to communicate my desired outcome clearly, and the result was a mess. Now, I'm stuck waiting for my hair to grow back to its previous glorious state. Lesson learned: always be explicit with your hairstylist about what you want.

So, my friendly advice would be to stick with medium-length hair for now. It's a safer option that doesn't come with the risk of odd proportions or feeling like an unfinished haircut. Plus, it allows for greater versatility in styling.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26678 and twilight
I don't feel most men have a low enough body fat and good enough facial bone structure to benefit from medium to longer hairstyles. Most men will just look unkempt or unattractive without having the sides trimmed or shaved to make their face appear narrower.

Which is especially important for men who are at over 15% body fat.

When you are not especially lean (10-12% bf range), even the fade growing out by 2-3 weeks will make you look a bit unattractive because your face looks fatter.

There definitely are men who can pull off long sides, medium hairstyles and even long hair. But they are blessed genetically to begin with.

I don't think the fade is a trend, rather it's a necessity that average to a bit above average men (or PSL terms, MTN/HTN) have found to work extremely well. It's an optimal haircut for people who look decent but are not models.

Whatever you do, don't get a high fade though. There are enough men looking like pineapples walking about as it is. The point is to increase your chances with women, not to become a stereotype most women sigh and laugh at. Maybe 0,5% of men are facially attractive enough to pull off the pineapple. This is not a good cut for an average male.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055 and GalacticHero
brooding dark triad prettyboy

ab36307959126f91ab947038d1703967.gif

romanian school shooter

hair is life bros

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26678, datboijj, Deleted member 1140 and 2 others
Good advice, and once you let it grow, pay some extra cash and go to a better salon, do not make the mistake of cutting with a barber that only does fades and short hair cuts. I learned the hard way.

• +1
Reactions: sirmimbing, Deleted member 26678, BucketCrab and 1 other person
longer hair looks stupid if you're older, it's extremely unpractical while working because it falls into your face constantly.

looks good in both wym, that's a very popular hairstyle in italy
foids themselves were saying he looks like shit on tiktok with that new haircut, what does that tell you? and jfl something being popular doesn't mean it looks good to foids

foids themselves were saying he looks like shit on tiktok with that new haircut, what does that tell you? and jfl something being popular doesn't mean it looks good to foids
depends on the girl if She likes prettyboys with longer hair She wont probably like It but if She likes the bad guy look She will probably like it

• +1
Reactions: twilight
I have medium length curtain haircut

• +1
Reactions: zerotohero
it rly depends on many things like age, ethnicity, hair color, hair quality, forehead size, skull shape

all i know is that most young pro athletes got fade haircuts and girls lust after them. i prefer myself with medium hair too

short hair is better unless ur a chad. always go with short hair and a fade. shouldnt go past the eyebrows u should show them off

Just dropping a quick reminder today to steer clear of fades in your hair. Trust me, it's a styling choice that can have unintended consequences. Let me share a couple of reasons why I think it's best to avoid them.

First and foremost, fades tend to make your head appear narrower. It's like an optical illusion that can give your overall look a less flattering shape. So if you're aiming for a well-proportioned appearance, it might be wise to skip the fade.

Secondly, if you're sporting a longer hairstyle, like the trendy curtains, combining it with a fade can result in an odd and uncanny effect. Picture this: the hair on top is long and flowing, while the sides and back are clipped too short. It almost looks as if you abruptly left the barbershop in the middle of a haircut. Not exactly the vibe most of us are going for, right?

Believe me, I learned this lesson the hard way. Just a few days ago, I visited my barber hoping to tidy up my curtains hairstyle. Unfortunately, I failed to communicate my desired outcome clearly, and the result was a mess. Now, I'm stuck waiting for my hair to grow back to its previous glorious state. Lesson learned: always be explicit with your hairstylist about what you want.

So, my friendly advice would be to stick with medium-length hair for now. It's a safer option that doesn't come with the risk of odd proportions or feeling like an unfinished haircut. Plus, it allows for greater versatility in styling.
Fade god laughs at you in the grave. Stop going to retarded white barbers. The only real reason not to get fades is that weakens your hair and will male you go bald faster.

Attachments

• Xxxtentacion_(cropped).jpg
    Xxxtentacion_(cropped).jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Hmm...
Reactions: zerotohero
short hair is better unless ur a chad. always go with short hair and a fade. shouldnt go past the eyebrows u should show them off
no It really depends, some time longer hair can make flaws less noticeable

Fade god laughs at you in the grave. Stop going to retarded white barbers. The only real reason not to get fades is that weakens your hair and will male you go bald faster.
how can fades make you go bald faster? fades are literally at the sides of the head

longer hair looks stupid if you're older, it's extremely unpractical while working because it falls into your face constantly.
now que in jason mamoa
Steve Granitz/WireImage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back