Dive deeper into water retention

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

Gymceling everyday
Id assume fee of you may know that it is the extracellular water that gives you bloating appearance on the face which is 2/3 of the entire water are ECM and only 1/3 is Intracellular.

You may need to add some potassium and magnesium. Salt will retain water, but ideally you want that water to get into your cells instead of hanging out in the interstitial space in between the cells. If it stays in between, you're less effectively hydrated, and also you will get bloating. For me, if I start bloating up I know I'm starting to get relatively dehydrated because it means the water is coming back out of my cells.

The way for the water to get into your cells is for the salt to get into the cells and carry the water with it. For that to happen, the salt needs help, which is where magnesium and potassium come in. Generally you want to be getting 1 part potassium to 1 part magnesium to 5 parts sodium. So, as an example, if you had 5 grams of sodium, you'd want 1 gram potassium and 1 gram magnesium.

In conclusion, you want the sodium/water to get into Intracellularlly.

• +1
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, joonla and shabby890
@Xangsane @pneumocystosis @BrahminBoss @andy9432 @Iasacrko @HarrierDuBois @Krakowski @MoggerGaston @Krakowski @shabby890 @Eli @Jungcuck @Gonthar

• JFL
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
Isn’t the ratio for potassium and sodium recommended as 3:1?

• +1
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
Can we just take potassium chloride?