Do affirmations work?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
like if I said to myself "I am X", X being confident, charismatic, good looking, everyone loves me etc. would it eventually go into my head and be accepted or is it cope?

I have tried affirmations for a few days at a time, but it felt like it wouldnt work so I stopped.
wondering if anyone here has any thoughts about them or if they've done them for longer stretches of time, and what results they got

• JFL
Reactions: Growth Plate
YES

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
yes of course bro through affirmations and subliminals you can become whatever you want

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: datboijj, Growth Plate, Deleted member 399 and 2 others
It's cope, you shouldn't have to tell yourself that.

External validation is everything

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
It's cope, you shouldn't have to tell yourself that.

External validation is everything
have you tried it? if not, any sources that debunk them?

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13476
don't listen to the haters. i recommend this one

am listening to a jaw subliminal rn my bigonial width is slowly generating

• +1
Reactions: lejend
Bluepillers need to brutally be purged from this forum. Mods have their work cut out for them.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and Selinity
They work.

You just have to be mentally ill enough.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel, Blue, Lihito and 2 others
7AE78A04 4509 4D8E B9D8 D66C13F565F8

No it's the similar thing as self love.

You can't trick ur brain to make you more confident, you need validation externally to know you are doing something right. In the end telling yourself that doesn't matter until someone else besides your parents tells you that you are good looking, you are confident.

Telling yourself that everyone loves you is a lie and your brain will never cope with that unless you get validation externally.

It simply doesn't work it's just pure cope

• +1
Reactions: SolarWind and lilhorizontal32
No it's the similar thing as self love.

You can't trick ur brain to make you more confident, you need validation externally to know you are doing something right. In the end telling yourself that doesn't matter until someone else besides your parents tells you that you are good looking, you are confident.

Telling yourself that everyone loves you is a lie and your brain will never cope with that unless you get validation externally.

It simply doesn't work it's just pure cope
how qucikly does exrternal validation work? Like will one compliment from a female litterally change you?

• +1
like if I said to myself "I am X", X being confident, charismatic, good looking, everyone loves me etc. would it eventually go into my head and be accepted or is it cope?

I have tried affirmations for a few days at a time, but it felt like it wouldnt work so I stopped.
wondering if anyone here has any thoughts about them or if they've done them for longer stretches of time, and what results they got
It usually makes me irritated so i just start speedrunning life and Being extra worked up around People.

LARP

It helps if you do other stuff to help you in life

• +1
how qucikly does exrternal validation work? Like will one compliment from a female litterally change you?
Happens like this when you when you walk out of a store

• +1
One compliment won't change everything but it definitely will boost your confidence massively, multiple compliments will genuinely change you if you have been rejected socially your whole life.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Selinity
Happens like this when you when you walk out of a store
View attachment 1090646
I feel like all these supermodels are crushed on dopamine. They don't even need sex anymore they get the same amount of dopamine everyday from just posting a photo or going outside

• +1
Reactions: StrangerDanger
people actually believe this shit works jfl :lul: op wtf you done all this people writing down essays about how big they want their cock to be

• JFL
I feel like all these supermodels are crushed on dopamine. They don't even need sex anymore they get the same amount of dopamine everyday from just posting a photo or going outside
True, if i was them I'd literally get dopamine rushes from just looking in the mirror after realizing how important looks are

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and volcelfatcel
True, if i was them I'd literally get dopamine rushes from just looking in the mirror after realizing how important looks are
I feel like gandy, O'Pry etc. Could live without sex they get so much validation irl by just stepping outside, and dopamine every 20 seconds

• +1
They work to change mental state not physical features but there are certain rules and it takes a very long time

Any effect will only be psychological not physical, cagefuel thread

don't listen to the haters. i recommend this one

am listening to a jaw subliminal rn my bigonial width is slowly generating

Hahah can’t tell if ur joking

• JFL

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj
Deluding yourself into being confident won't do anything if you're not physically attractive, it will just be viewed as "annoying confidence"

• +1
Reactions: SolarWind