Do any of you actually train chest and shoulders on the same day?

Zelenskyiv

Zelenskyiv

Banned
I'm getting told to do a PPL routine which I used to do, but imo it's retarded because you can't really train chest and shoulders on the same day.
I tried it before and after doing flat bench and incline bench, my OHP went down by 10kg and I had to do less reps too.

Am I engaging my shoulders too much in bench pressing? I legit don't see how this would ever be a good idea. I'm currently trying to do an upper/ lower + shoulders routine.

• +1
Reactions: N1666
ye biceps shoulders chest

I'm getting told to do a PPL routine which I used to do, but imo it's retarded because you can't really train chest and shoulders on the same day.
I tried it before and after doing flat bench and incline bench, my OHP went down by 10kg and I had to do less reps too.

Am I engaging my shoulders too much in bench pressing? I legit don't see how this would ever be a good idea. I'm currently trying to do an upper/ lower + shoulders routine.
you engage front delts while bench pressing not side or rear for my push day i do only side delts and hit rear delts on my back day w rear delt rows

• +1
Reactions: Zelenskyiv
thanks for reminding me that i need to start doing ohp again

• Love it
almost all chest exercises train the front of the delt.

combining them on the same day makes you mediocre at both though.

• +1
Prioritise chest on your first push day then shoulders on ur 2nd

• +1
Reactions: oppastoppathe2nd
Chest + Back day mogs

• Love it

Oh my fucking god just because your OHP goes down 5KG doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. You literally only do chest and back in the same day for some reason. Go and do a PPL there’s a reason everybody is telling you to do it and it’s not bcs you know better. You have made 4 posts about this

• +1
Reactions: Climber
Oh my fucking god just because your OHP goes down 5KG doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. You literally only do chest and back in the same day for some reason. Go and do a PPL there’s a reason everybody is telling you to do it and it’s not bcs you know better. You have made 4 posts about this
It goes down 10kg and reps goes down too. I may as well not train shoulders if I train chest first.

Also ppl makes it hard to train everything twice per week, I only train 4x a week.

It goes down 10kg and reps goes down too. I may as well not train shoulders if I train chest first.

Also ppl makes it hard to train everything twice per week, I only train 4x a week.
Then you do bad form. You use your shoulders more than your chest if you can’t train them after.
P P L Rest PP. that’s 2 times per week

Then you do bad form. You use your shoulders more than your chest if you can’t train them after.
P P L Rest PP. that’s 2 times per week
No point training 5x a week as natty and you’re naturally going to use your shoulders when you bench too. They go up with the bar especially in incline bench, I didn’t pull this out of my ass, lots of people don’t train both on the same day for that reason.

• +1
Reactions: LilJojo
I don’t train chest at all anymore.
Worst muscle group ever

DB8392E0 3854 495F 9905 E78F024BB5C5

vs

I have a theory not training it will make you more DYEL for sure but in a good way, you’ll look less tryhard and more aesthetic. Tried my best to not cherrypick the pics

Last edited:
I don't get how anyone could willingly go the the gym. It's unnatural and cringe and full of a bunch of irritating normies. I don't workout at all now but used to do calisthenics and now do the occasional pull up on my bar at home

• JFL
ye ofc i do ppl+arnold, but thinking of a 4 day split instead of 6

It doesn’t matter, but it’s psychologically annoying.

just do shoulders tbh

• +1
almost all chest exercises train the front of the delt.

combining them on the same day makes you mediocre at both though.
Real shit I bench 110kg but OHP 55kg because I ohp at most as my 3rd exercise on push and never train front delts

Chest and shoulders together perfectly. Every single chest exercise also works shoulders, and most shoulder exercises work chest a bit. It be silly to smash your chest, tear the fibers in your shoulders in the process, then doing shoulders the next day while they are healing. No point in having a day where you only isolate shoulders and not your other push muscles