Do braces affect forward growth at 17

Deleted member 10615

Deleted member 10615

Brachy pride worldwide
if I got braces to straighten my teeth would it affect my jaw or maxilla like would it make it recede or something

I’m 17 for context but plan on getting them once I’m 18 or older

if I got braces to straighten my teeth would it affect my jaw or maxilla like would it make it recede or something

I’m 17 for context but plan on getting them once I’m 18 or older
mew bro ..braces are jewish

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and volcelfatcel
No

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: EndlessHunger, Deleted member 13994, Deleted member 10615 and 4 others
No

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 4946
Braces don't affect forward growth in any way. The forces are too mild. If you talk about tooth extractions then that's a different story.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10615
Braces don't affect forward growth in any way. The forces are too mild. If you talk about tooth extractions then that's a different story.
How can you grow forward if your braces are pulling backwards, with elastics for instance

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
How can you grow forward if your braces are pulling backwards, with elastics for instance
The highest growth rate of the maxilla occurred at the age of 14–15 years in boys. The highest growth rates of the maxilla and mandible in girls and the highest growth rate of the mandible in boys occurred at the age of 13–14 years.

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate and coolguy1

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: coolguy1 and SixCRY
Extractions? Like getting teeth pulled out? Aren’t people supposed to get mollars or whatever there called pulled out? What teeth affect bone loss after getting pulled

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
Extractions? Like getting teeth pulled out? Aren’t people supposed to get mollars or whatever there called pulled out? What teeth affect bone loss after getting pulled
Wisdom teeth removal isn't that bad, I think even Mew sometimes does it. But any other extractions are bad and in 95% of cases unneccesary. There's no concrete proof out there but there are hundreds of anecdotes on dental forums that say it can make your face more recessed. Most orthos are concerned with creating straight teeth rather than the overall facial profile/growth, so they don't care if one of their patients grow wrong as long as they have straight teeth. Just get an Invisalign and be done with this tbh

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1