Do braces cause more downward growth?

LilJojo

LilJojo

Solstice
I'm going to get MSE to fix my crossbite and then i will get braces without elastics to fix my overjet and my spacing. Will my lips get narrower and will i get a more flat face after the braces?

have the same question about invisalign

MSE will widen your mouth IIRC? if the braces aren't involved with extractions and they don't tip the teeth inwards much I don't see how the mouth would get narrower, especially if you combine it with MSE first.

• +1
Reactions: DutchPrettyBoy
braces will fuck you up for sure but if you first get mse i don't think so. just try to tell them that you don't want your teeth pushed backwards

no its fine

braces giving you downward growth is a played out meme pushed by kike jew tbh.

No this is complete bullshit. The truth is that kids with good tongue/body posture won't ever need braces due to how their teeth and jaw alignment is good. While kids with bad posture will end up needing braces, which means they would have downward growth either way.

No this is complete bullshit. The truth is that kids with good tongue/body posture won't ever need braces due to how their teeth and jaw alignment is good. While kids with bad posture will end up needing braces, which means they would have downward growth either way.
Heres the truth, try handling it my guy - Mewing does not work, downward growth is achieved by having a +120 degrees gonial angle and a recessed maxilla, which is mainly based on genetics.

Heres the truth, try handling it my guy - Mewing does not work, downward growth is achieved by having a +120 degrees gonial angle and a recessed maxilla, which is mainly based on genetics.
No, I disagree. Mouth breathing in childhood severely impacts the forward growth of the jaw. I thought this was common knowledge tbh.

I agree mewing does not work, but it defilently works in early childhood ages.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel