Do braces really fuck up your face

lestoa

lestoa

Banned
My teeth are naturally straight. Never needed braces. Never had ortho issues, never had a over or underbite.
Iam still considering getting braces because i want that perfect symmetrical jaw bone. I only have a slight crossbite
Many people here say that braces will fuck up your jaw.

Is this really true ? And if yes. Why and how ?

stops maxilla development

• +1
Reactions: heyheyheybro22 and lestoa
My teeth are naturally straight. Never needed braces. Never had ortho issues, never had a over or underbite.
Iam still considering getting braces because i want that perfect symmetrical jaw bone. I only have a slight crossbite

Yes. It ruined me.

• +1
Reactions: heyheyheybro22
If with elastics

It also depends how long you've had them on for. 1-2 years compared to 7 years
It stunts growth either way, you have a fucking object in your mouth thats strange to your body, its not natural and not healthy and fucks up development. Healthy people dont need braces in the first place anyway.

• +1
Reactions: greycel and sb23
Your face stops growing after child hood

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air and sb23
I use to have a compact midface with allot of forward facial growth, now I am severely recessed.
So you think it wouldnt be worth it if i have no ortho issues besides a slight crossbite

It stunts growth either way, you have a fucking object in your mouth thats strange to your body, its not natural and not healthy and fucks up development. Healthy people dont need braces in the first place anyway.
It's all about significance
One is wayy worse than the other, actually retrudes the maxilla to match lower jaw

So you think it wouldnt be worth it if i have no ortho issues besides a slight crossbite
Not worth. Not sure if it still works when your older, but as your are developing, I would not recommend at all.

• +1
Reactions: lestoa
i have braces and it made my face more symmertrical, my sphenoid wasnt straight but now it is. u can get braces if u want to but it rlly fvcking hurts when u get it in or if the doctor does smth new, but not unbearable + eating and cleaning is harder. my tip: get some pain killers if it hurts. so just get them ig.

• +1
Reactions: lestoa

Get them wont do anything unless your teeth are crowded or you extract some

If you're done developing doubt it would do much, if hes still growing up tho fuck braces ecpescially if youre teeth are straight

personally braces fixed my face i looked recessed because of my overbite and after getting braces i have basically no signs of recession. i only had them for 2 years and they always broke tho so take my words with a grain of salt

You only get braces when you have severe dental deformities. otherwise it will hinder any developments.