Do DHT blocking shampoos work?

D

Deleted member 8853

Random account
If so can they stop norwooding and what's a reliable brand that i can buy?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997
Im wondering too but I think its a meme sadly. It would be hard to filter out the shilled info about it so its hard to make an evaluation on it since Ive never tried it.

the only things that work are minoxidil
and finasteride as far as i am aware

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476
It's not worth it and that nizoral stuff dries your hair out too much
just use normal shampoo

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476
Idk but topical finasteride on the scalp eventually acts the same as oral (with side effects and whatnot) after 2 years or so

the only things that work are minoxidil
and finasteride as far as i am aware
What about the rogaine branded minoxidil does it work?

Yes, ketoconazole shampoos block DHT but it won't do much as you tend to leave it on the scalp for only 5 minutes, it can be a nice addition to a hairloss stack but won't do much as a standalone treatment

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne
rogaine is fine. the active substance is minoxidil. if that is what is in the product it doesn't matter which brand name is on the product.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8853
rogaine is fine. the active substance is minoxidil. if that is what is in the product it doesn't matter which brand name is on the product.
Are there benefits of using pure minoxidil over rogaine?

Pure minoxidil ? the amount of minoxidil used should not be higher than is present in the reccomended dose of rogaine.
Minoxidil was developed for treating high blood pressure. So it can produce dangerously low blood pressure and heart palpitations.
In some people it causes this even when using the normal dose. So it's something to be cautios with. also it is extremely toxic to cats. If you have a cat, don't use minoxidil.

Zix + azelaic acid
"Azelaic acid is an exciting addition to the topical treatments. By using this in conjuction with the zix formulas we are closely mimicking the same formula that's been demonstrated in vitro to reduce 5AR by 90%."

Piroctone Olamine
"Ketoconazole and Piroctone Olamine were compared in a study with 150 men who suffer from hereditary hair loss and dandruff *. The 150 subjects used a shampoo with 1% Ketoconazole or 1% Piroctone Olamine, 2 to 3 times per week for six months.

Both treatments show a reduction in itching and dandruff after 2 to 6 weeks. The effect of the treatments on various hair growth parameters is as follows (in percentages

The severity of hair loss decreases (Ketoconazole: -17.3%, Piroctone Olamine: -16.5
The percentage of hairs in the anagen (growth) phase increases (Ketoconazole 4.9%, Piroctone Olamine: 7.9%
The effect on the hair diameter is increased (Ketoconazole 5.4%, Piroctone Olamine 7.7%)
So the study shows that Piroctone Olamine scores better in a number of areas in comparison to Ketoconazole."

Caffeine
"caffeine in concentrations of 0.005% - 0.0005% is several times more effective than finasteride and minoxidil for restoring hair growth."

Nizoral / ketoconazole blocks both T and DHT and alone is better than minoxidil alone.

Both are cope though.

The best thing invented so far is Eucapil / topilutamide.