Do I have a good body for rowing?

kovacs

kovacs

Master
I want to begin rowing when I start uni in september to social and high classmax.

I need to get good though is my body suited for it?

Winklevosss

Thank you buddies.

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Rowing requires good cardiovascular health rather than muscle mass. However, strong lats and shoulders will really help you. Remember to always use the rowing machine and set goals on it. I used to row, so if you have any other questions feel free to PM.

• +1
Reactions: kovacs
Rowing requires good cardiovascular health rather than muscle mass. However, strong lats and shoulders will really help you. Remember to always use the rowing machine and set goals on it. I used to row, so if you have any other questions feel free to PM.
Do you recommend some training regiment online?

Other than that, I'm about 6'4''- so my ideal rowing weight should be something like 90-95 KG lean right?

Do you recommend some training regiment online?

Other than that, I'm about 6'4''- so my ideal rowing weight should be something like 90-95 KG lean right?
Yes 90-95 should be a perfect weight for you, but check which weight works for you and provides the most energy for your body. I would focus on lats and shoulders, but your split isn’t a big deal, just ensure you row often!

• +1
Yes 90-95 should be a perfect weight for you, but check which weight works for you and provides the most energy for your body. I would focus on lats and shoulders, but your split isn’t a big deal, just ensure you row often!
Do you think I'l be able to row competitively at the club level, if I really apply myself? I'm joining a club in Amsterdam.

My aerobic base is already pretty good.

I really want to be part of the first-years competitive rowers, seems like a load of fun.

Last edited:
I want to begin rowing when I start uni in september to social and high classmax.

I need to get good though is my body suited for it?

View attachment 2329230

Thank you buddies.
Looks good to start from. Bigger lats to form stronger V taper and ur good, broad shoulders would help too. What uni u going bro?

• +1
Looks good to start from. Bigger lats to form stronger V taper and ur good, broad shoulders would help too. What uni u going bro?
University of Amsterdam :love:

I'l start bulking heavily to get to 90-95 KG, that's where most olympic heavyweight rowers are at.

• +1
Reactions: violentino
University of Amsterdam :love:

I'l start bulking heavily to get to 90-95 KG, that's where most olympic heavyweight rowers are at.
Sick bro all the best with it. I should have applied to some EU university im in UK lowkey regretting it