Do old crushes ever fade?

MostGLSlayer

MostGLSlayer

Kraken
Let’s say your old crush from school or work moved away and you’ve lost touch. Years later, you have a chance to reconnect with each other. Will the attraction rekindle as long as they looked the same as they were when you first liked them?

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Darkeningstar and murdah
I had a oneitis in high school from 2010 until 2014 and we had a reunion in 2017. It had already faded after high school and by the time I saw them, it didn’t rekindle. They still looked the same way as they did on the last day of high school, which makes sense since it had only been 3 years since then.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton and murdah
Of course they do

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Mewton, murdah and MostGLSlayer
I had a oneitis in high school from 2010 until 2014 and we had a reunion in 2017. It had already faded after high school and by the time I saw them, it didn’t rekindle. They still looked the same way as they did on the last day of high school, which makes sense since it had only been 3 years since then.
But did you still found her attractive?

But you still found her attractive?
No, I didn’t. Keep in mind, unlike you I’m ugly so it may be different as it was just one-sided (she led me on like crazy). But she was always nice to me despite that.

• +1
Reactions: MostGLSlayer
It fades since your tastes are also changing over time

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, murdah and MostGLSlayer
  • +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar and murdah
I've had a crush on this girl for 2 years now.

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho and MostGLSlayer
I still remember my elementary crush :ogre:

• JFL
Let’s say your old crush from school or work moved away and you’ve lost touch. Years later, you have a chance to reconnect with each other. Will the attraction rekindle as long as they looked the same as they were when you first liked them?
It depends. Assuming that the crush is so-called oneitis probably no. If it tends more toward limerence, probably yes

• +1
It depends. Assuming that the crush is so-called oneitis probably no. If it tends more toward limerence, probably yes
In my case it’s not a oneitis. Just a cute coworker who spoke to me so I got her number just because.

What do you mean by limerence? What does that mean?

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
Its all about how you feel about them at the moment due to hormones, neediness and lack of options

• +1
Reactions: Kroker, Darkeningstar and MostGLSlayer
In my case it’s not a oneitis. Just a cute coworker who spoke to me so I got her number just because.

What do you mean by limerence? What does that mean?
Limerence is an obsessive passionate desire for another person; it means that the emotions the other person arouses in you are stronger, more constant, and you depend on them in a way.

• +1
Limerence is an obsessive passionate desire for another person; it means that the emotions the other person arouses in you are stronger, more constant, and you depend on them in a way.
What about if you two are practically strangers and only had minimal interactions at work but were flirty. Just nothing came out of it and lost touch due to proximity and time. Now you have a chance to reconnect. Would you think attraction is possible in this case?

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
What about if you two are practically strangers and only had minimal interactions at work but were flirty. Just nothing came out of it and lost touch due to proximity and time. Now you have a chance to reconnect. Would you think attraction is possible in this case?
Yes, it could, you also have to be lucky. Usually in these cases one of the two is more likely to have it, the other less so.

• +1