Do people think they are uglier than they seem or more attractive than they seem?

D

Deleted member 28774

Diamond
title

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863
more attractive seeing yourself in third person is brutal for everyone

• +1
Reactions: shychad, Alexanderr, Lethbridge and 5 others
you see yourself as way more attractive than you are so if you think you’re ugly then its time to pull out the shotgun

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Foreverbrad, nulll, zura and 4 others
telling from my personal experience

before softmaxxing i was average looking and not aware of it. i thought i was ugly

now, after softmaxxing, the results i get and the treatment is kinda weird because i think i'm still that average kid

but i'm getting used to it, just self esteem issues i guess

peace bro

• +1
Reactions: Flanked
Mostly more attractive. But if u have bdd it's opposite. Case by case just like everything

uglier than they seem because you always notice your flaws first

but people notice the good stuff first

uglier than they seem because you always notice your flaws first

but people notice the good stuff first
no they dont. i always noticed the bad stuff first since i was a kid

• +1
Reactions: angelo, zura and Deleted member 28774
no they dont. i always noticed the bad stuff first since i was a kid
its on and off. U think you look good until you get flooded with gay psl god edits on tiktok

• +1
Reactions: zura and depressionmaxxing
its on and off. U think you look good until you get flooded with gay psl god edits on tiktok
going outside does the job too

• +1
Reactions: temporomandibular32
I really don't know
I know that Qoves nigga said that people rate themselves as more attractive than they actually are, but everyone always says the opposite, maybe its cope and they just want people to be confident idk. But I do think people hyperfixate on their own flaws more than other people would.

I think asymmetry is the main thing that we think is worse than what others would, because we spend far more time seeing our face flipped (mirror/selfie camera) and then when we see ourselves in photos other people took we're seeing it unflipped and its jarring because all your asymmetries will be extremely noticeable to you. Like you see countless memes online of like "my eyes in photos: o.O" with hundreds of thousands of likes, but do you typically notice other peoples asymmetrical eyes and stuff in real life?

• +1
Reactions: House Lannister, AppealMaxxing and Deleted member 28774
depends on the person. I myself would judge that I'm a 6,5 - 7 max PSL (depending on my clothes and good hair day). A lot of other people and women in real life would give me a better rating. However if you really look very good people will approach you frequently especially in nightlife.

depends on the person. I myself would judge that I'm a 6,5 - 7 max PSL (depending on my clothes and good hair day). A lot of other people and women in real life would give me a better rating. However if you really look very good people will approach you frequently especially in nightlife.
lol 7 Psl post a pic or I smell giga Larp

• +1
Reactions: Graham, studymaxxer, zura and 2 others
lol 7 Psl post a pic or I smell giga Larp
As I've said it depends on the day. Sometimes my hair is very stubborn or my style is not on point. But yeah my brother been there did that for many years especially when I was in my early 20s. Women literally fought over me in the club (happened two times) I'm not joking but I also don't want my face to be all over the internet. I'm a silent hardmaxxer and just want to learn and help other people in here

• +1
Reactions: angelo and Blond3cel
As I've said it depends on the day. Sometimes my hair is very stubborn or my style is not on point. But yeah my brother been there did that for many years especially when I was in my early 20s. Women literally fought over me in the club (happened two times) I'm not joking but I also don't want my face to be all over the internet. I'm a silent hardmaxxer and just want to learn and help other people in here
PSL has nothing to do with style or hair.

Why would you hardmaxx on Jeremy Meeks level ?

• +1
Reactions: studymaxxer
PSL has nothing to do with style or hair.

Why would you hardmaxx on Jeremy Meeks level ?
bro if you really say that JM is 7/10 lookswise you are out of your mind. He's lightskin 30+ dude and I remember the exact day he went viral. Every whore no matter if she was 18 or 45 said that they would want Jeremy to rape them. We can debate until next year. JM falls in the category of lightskin bad boy pheno people tend to forget that he is top 0,1% looks. Just because tiktok vampire pretty boys are now trending doesn't mean that this will be the case forever. Times change and pheno taste changes but good looks will always remain.

so long story short I've experienced a lot of comments and compliments on my looks even until now and I really descended because of age related bio mechanisms (hair loss, skin ageing etc.) but I have no reason to lie about it. Not every user in here is a lonely cuck who has never had the chance to taste a bag full of pussies. I just want to learn how to lookmaxx even harder

Last edited:
bro if you really say that JM is 7/10 lookswise you are out of your mind. He's lightskin 30+ dude and I remember the exact day he went viral. Every whore no matter if she was 18 or 45 said that they would want Jeremy to rape them. We can debate until next year. JM falls in the category of lightskin bad boy pheno people tend to forget that he is top 0,1% looks. Just because tiktok vampire pretty boys are now trending doesn't mean that this will be the case forever. Times change and pheno taste changes but good looks will always remain.

so long story short I've experienced a lot of comments and compliments on my looks even until now and I really descended because of age related bio mechanisms (hair loss, skin ageing etc.) but I have no reason to lie about it. Not every user in here is a lonely cuck who has never had the chance to taste a bag full of pussies. I just want to learn how to lookmaxx even harder
Bro PSL scale is not out of 10.....

• +1
Reactions: Graham, studymaxxer, Foreverbrad and 1 other person
men overestimate. Women underestimate.

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr and nulll
Most people think they are more attractive than they really are. Your brain morphs your self-image so that you think you are taller, more ripped, have greater harmony etc than you really do. You will see this on here very often. e.g. Indians seeing a white person in the mirror, guys with brown eyes thinking they have green eyes etc. I don't think you can easily manipulate this though. Like you can't intentionally trigger this sort of 'mental filtering'. It seems that some people were born with a greater tendency to do this and see themselves as beautiful.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: zura, Deleted member 21863 and nulll
Most people think they are more attractive than they really are. Your brain morphs your self-image so that you think you are taller, more ripped, have greater harmony etc than you really do. You will see this on here very often. e.g. Indians seeing a white person in the mirror, guys with brown eyes thinking they have green eyes etc. I don't think you can easily manipulate this though. Like you can intentionally trigger this sort of 'mental filtering'. It seems that some people were born with a greater tendency to do this and see themselves as beautiful.
Fuckkkk. I was legit thinking of this. When I look in the mirror I have PCT, but when I take a picture of my face I have NCT. WHat the FUCK is going on with my brain man?

• +1
Reactions: zura and Pakicel
Fuckkkk. I was legit thinking of this. When I look in the mirror I have PCT, but when I take a picture of my face I have NCT. WHat the FUCK is going on with my brain man?
This is what I was talking about. I wouldn't overthink it though. Unless it becomes quite life threatening where you are morbidly obese and think you are fit or have a horrific jaw deformity that makes it hard for you to breathe properly and you think you are forward grown. Thinking you have more PCT than you really do is pretty harmless and it actually works in your favour when approaching women. Confidence is quite underrated on here tbh.

Besides this quite mild compared to what I have seen. Like this dude:

Thought he had this eye area:

This lower third:

and this dudes pheno:

What you have is nothing.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21863 and nulll
Most people think they are more attractive than they really are. Your brain morphs your self-image so that you think you are taller, more ripped, have greater harmony etc than you really do. You will see this on here very often. e.g. Indians seeing a white person in the mirror, guys with brown eyes thinking they have green eyes etc. I don't think you can easily manipulate this though. Like you can't intentionally trigger this sort of 'mental filtering'. It seems that some people were born with a greater tendency to do this and see themselves as beautiful.
its so over

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel
its so over
What's with the pessimism dude?

The fact that you can be tricked into thinking you are much more attractive than you really are is pretty impressive. Imagine if every truecel could just get some therapy so that he can believe is some 6'3" aryan chad. That would end all his mental problems related to his body image. Sure he would still struggle with women and get treated like shit but he would be much much happier. Sadly, we can't do that rn. But with AR and VR, we could in the near future.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21863 and LooksOrDeath
, guys with brown eyes thinking they have green eyes etc.
Not sure how that works. Make up better examples.
I don't think you can easily manipulate this though. Like you can't intentionally trigger this sort of 'mental filtering'. It seems that some people were born with a greater tendency to do this and see themselves as beautiful.
Don't think it's that genetic. Men who have little interactions with women will generally think they're more attractive, and men who have had a lot of unsuccessful interractions will think otherwise. Put a Dev in the west and his ego will be shattered.

• +1
Reactions: zura and Pakicel
What's with the pessimism dude?

The fact that you can be tricked into thinking you are much more attractive than you really are is pretty impressive. Imagine if every truecel could just get some therapy so that he can believe is some 6'3" aryan chad. That would end all his mental problems related to his body image. Sure he would still struggle with women and get treated like shit but he would be much much happier. Sadly, we can't do that rn. But with AR and VR, we could in the near future.
that is even more depressing

• +1
This is what I was talking about. I wouldn't overthink it though. Unless it becomes quite life threatening where you are morbidly obese and think you are fit or have a horrific jaw deformity that makes it hard for you to breathe properly and you think you are forward grown. Thinking you have more PCT than you really do is pretty harmless and it actually works in your favour when approaching women. Confidence is quite underrated on here tbh.

Besides this quite mild compared to what I have seen. Like this dude:

View attachment 2334259

Thought he had this eye area:

This lower third:

and this dudes pheno:

What you have is nothing.
Jesus fuck yeah he's beyond delusional. What I have is the opposite, every feature I have (even my good ones) I think is shit.

Don't think it's that genetic. Men who have little interactions with women will generally think they're more attractive, and men who have had a lot of unsuccessful interractions will think otherwise. Put a Dev in the west and his ego will be shattered.
It's real, lots of people with brown/hazel eyes say they have green. It's like when guys round up their height by a foot or so.

It's real, lots of people with brown/hazel eyes say they have green.
idiots tricking idiots
It's like when guys round up their height by a foot or so.
I knew a 5'9 guy who claimed 6'1. Everyone clowned on him. Rounding up to 6 inches is asking to be bullied.

• JFL
Reactions: nulll
I have seen it on here. One user with brown eyes claimed to have green eyes. I have heard bald dudes claim they have hair. Fat guys claim to be ripped. Your self-image is not always in line with reality. I mean everyone can admit that normal looking people can be convinced they are deformed due to BDD. But why not in reverse? I guess people don't focus on it too much because it is seen as a positive thing.
Not entirely but there is some component to it that is innate. If you look at studies done on people with BDD, it's not like they just have OCD about their features, they literally process visual information differently.

And nah. I doubt Dev's ego will be shattered. It's not even about ego in his case. His self-esteem is prolly average. It's just the way his brain functions. I agree it isn't entirely innate. But a natural predisposition towards thinking this way that was somehow made more pronounced by the environment he was raised in.

• JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
Normies would think they are more attractive than they are but looksmaxxers here are the opposite. Just look at all the decent looking users here thinking they’re absolute subhumans and getting surgeries. Even I look in the mirror and think I’m fucking repulsive half the time but irl nobody would think that from my experience

• +1
Reactions: zura, Pakicel and LooksOrDeath
I have seen it on here. One user with brown eyes claimed to have green eyes. I have heard bald dudes claim they have hair. Fat guys claim to be ripped. Your self-image is not always in line with reality. I mean everyone can admit that normal looking people can be convinced they are deformed due to BDD. But why not in reverse? I guess people don't focus on it too much because it is seen as a positive thing.
Convincing average looking people they're hot is a good way to collapse society. Look at how entitled people are today and amplify that by 10x. Female hypergamy would soar onto higher levels as deluded average guys get rejected en masse by deluded average girls and then landwhales.
Not entirely but there is some component to it that is innate. If you look at studies done on people with BDD, it's not like they just have OCD about their features, they literally process visual information differently.

And nah. I doubt Dev's ego will be shattered. It's not even about ego in his case. His self-esteem is prolly average. It's just the way his brain functions. I agree it isn't entirely innate. But a natural predisposition towards thinking this way that was somehow made more pronounced by the environment he was raised in.
Dev was indeed a very special boy

• +1
idiots tricking idiots

I knew a 5'9 guy who claimed 6'1. Everyone clowned on him. Rounding up to 6 inches is asking to be bullied.
Interesting you brought that up.

I remember in school where we had to line up heightwise. There was this guy who around the same height as me (I was 5'9ish at the time) who believe he was taller than this other guy who was over 6 feet and tried to stand in front of him He was pretty adamant about it and we had to have a teacher forcefully remove him from where he though he should be and place him near me.

Sure there are cases where guys like to round up their height. Like on dating apps where 5'10 guys claim 6'. I don't blame them. I would do it too. But I think that dude may have genuinely thought he was 2 inches taller. And then rounded up another 2 inches like most people do.

• JFL
Normies would think they are more attractive than they are but looksmaxxers here are the opposite. Just look at all the decent looking users here thinking they’re absolute subhumans and getting surgeries. Even I look in the mirror and think I’m fucking repulsive half the time but irl nobody would think that from my experience
Same for me

I feel really attractive some days and really ugly other days

• +1
Reactions: zura, Pakicel and House Lannister
Convincing average looking people they're hot is a good way to collapse society. Look at how entitled people are today and amplify that by 10x. Female hypergamy would soar onto higher levels as deluded average guys get rejected en masse by deluded average girls and then landwhales.
Ok. Maybe not average people. But what about someone who is horifically deformed. And is not entirely fixable with surgery (Btw you like most people are kinda deluded about how good it is. It's expensive and there is a lot of risk involved but I am not gonna go there). Would it not be better for his mental health to believe he is normal looking? I mean as long as his deformities are not life threating, does he really need to know.
Dev was indeed a very special boy
Imo, it is pretty impressive ngl. If only everyone could do what he does.

• +1
Interesting you brought that up.

I remember in school where we had to line up heightwise. There was this guy who around the same height as me (I was 5'9ish at the time) who believe he was taller than this other guy who was over 6 feet and tried to stand in front of him He was pretty adamant about it and we had to have a teacher forcefully remove him from where he though he should be and place him near me.
strong young man who will hold his frame at any cost.
Sure there are cases where guys like to round up their height. Like on dating apps where 5'10 guys claim 6'. I don't blame them. I would do it too. But I think that dude may have genuinely thought he was 2 inches taller. And then rounded up another 2 inches like most people do.
We inflate our height on dating apps because we know that gives us an edge. Normies do it because their egos are inflated, literally thinking of themselves as bigger than they are.

• +1
Ok. Maybe not average people. But what about someone who is horifically deformed. And is not entirely fixable with surgery (Btw you like most people are kinda deluded about how good it is. It's expensive and there is a lot of risk involved but I am not gonna go there).
surgeries are expensive, and risky yes.
Would it not be better for his mental health to believe he is normal looking? I mean as long as his deformities are not life threating, does he really need to know.
He already knows, having lived his whole life like that. Looks aren't just about women, they influence every social interraction
Imo, it is pretty impressive ngl. If only everyone could do what he does.
i want to.

• +1
surgeries are expensive, and risky yes.

He already knows, having lived his whole life like that. Looks aren't just about women, they influence every social interraction

i want to.
If your appearance never had any social ramifications, I would. I mean, I would honeslty prefer to live a VR simulation that is perfectly tailored to me. But it would have to be so realistic that I would not even realize I am not in a simulation.

Imo, once we have really good VR. To the point that a lot of people might choose to spend more time VR world than real life, discussion around things like mental health would be very different. I gotta feeling people in the future will look at therapy the way we look at alchemy or blood letting.

• +1
If your appearance never had any social ramifications, I would. I mean, I would honeslty prefer to live a VR simulation that is perfectly tailored to me. But it would have to be so realistic that I would not even realize I am not in a simulation.
literally your personal matrix
Imo, once we have really good VR. To the point that a lot of people might choose to spend more time VR world than real life, discussion around things like mental health would be very different.
Natural selection at a new level
I gotta feeling people in the future will look at therapy the way we look at alchemy or blood letting.
There is a difference between therapy and bloodletting. One has helped countless people, and the other has bled people dry. It would be more like how we look at the radio now. Indispensable at its time, but obselete now.

• +1
As good as it may be, none of it is real. Just 0s and 1s. The majority of humanity would descend into VR,eventually, and cull themselves out of natural selection. Only the ones who are currently winning at natural selection would not feel the need to use VR. Eugenics with extra steps and a sugar coating of morality.

• +1
literally your personal matrix

Natural selection at a new level

There is a difference between therapy and bloodletting. One has helped countless people, and the other has bled people dry. It would be more like how we look at the radio now. Indispensable at its time, but obselete now.
Ok not the best example. But I mean both are based on an incomplete understanding of what they are trying to cure. With therapy, there is this belief that all of your problems are in your head, which is true for some people and can be very effective in those cases. But it tends to ignore the fact that a lot of people have objectively bad life circumstances. And many 'mental illnesses' have a very strong biological component that honestly can't be cured with our current understanding of the brain. Also, a lot of therapists just plain suck and make promises that they can't deliver.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: AppealMaxxing and LooksOrDeath
As good as it may be, none of it is real. Just 0s and 1s. The majority of humanity would descend into VR,eventually, and cull themselves out of natural selection. Only the ones who are currently winning at natural selection would not feel the need to use VR. Eugenics with extra steps and a sugar coating of morality.
But if they are 'happier' in VR, what's so wrong with that? Also, a lot of the things we enjoy are not 'real'. Think of the movies and books you enjoy. They are all fantasy but you can't say that the happiness you derive from them isn't real just because it is made up. Let's say someone has spent their entire life in a simulation. If that is all he knows, that is his reality. In fact, it is possible we are in a simulation. I mean how would we know?

• +1
Ok not the best example. But I mean both are based on an incomplete understanding of what they are trying to cure.
We'll never have a complete understanding, we can only strive towards that. And therapy is much closer than bloodletting is, the difference is comical.
With therapy, there is this belief that all of your problems are in your head, which is true for some people and can be very effective in those cases. But it tends to ignore the fact that a lot of people have objectively bad life circumstances. And many 'mental illnesses' have a very strong biological component that honestly can't be cured with our current understanding of the brain. Also, a lot of therapists just plain suck and make promises that they can't deliver.
I see therapy as a tool to fight your problems, not a solution in itself. It cannot make people who live in bad life circumstances think they're living great without drugging them up, but it can help them look at their lives differently to let them move towards improvig their circumstances instead of wallowing in misery. Don't think you go to therapy to utterly cure mental illnesses, only to mitigate them. And yes many therapists are't good.

• +1
men overestimate. Women underestimate.
That's because the standards for both sexes are completely different.

A fat woman will still get tons of matches on Tinder, but an average guy is fighting for his life to get a match on the same platform.

• +1
Reactions: TheAnomaly