do triceps need direct work for growth?

appealmaxed

appealmaxed

bruxism saves lives
from all the pushing exercises done before getting to triceps (incline chest press, flat chest press, shoulder press etc), at that point is it pointless to directly hit triceps due to all the activation received during these other exercises?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55252 and coispet
doing a few sets of triceps extensions wont hurt

doing a few sets of triceps extensions wont hurt
is overhead triceps extension the best variation since i heard it puts the most emphasis on the long head of triceps with is the largest so would cause the most noticeable increase in arm size

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55252
well, no it's not pointless but you also have to consider how much of a priority your triceps are, you're missing out on a lot of potential stimulus by not loading it directly in an exercise where the heads of the triceps have leverage. long head won't get much growth during those movements, and medial head growth would be greater by just doing an actual tricep exercise, i recommend the cross-body extension, which trains all three heads but gives the most stimulus to the long head. jm press and some dips are good too.

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
well, no it's not pointless but you also have to consider how much of a priority your triceps are, you're missing out on a lot of potential stimulus by not loading it directly in an exercise where the heads of the triceps have leverage. long head won't get much growth during those movements, and medial head growth would be greater by just doing an actual tricep exercise, i recommend the cross-body extension, which trains all three heads but gives the most stimulus to the long head. jm press and some dips are good too.
IMG 8323

these right without hand grip

so these and some dips are optional do all tricep heads?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55252, coispet and redfacccee