sportsmogger

sportsmogger

Kraken
my fav song by them

@TechnoBoss @Gengar

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Gengar and TechnoBoss
MCR was one of my favorite bands for such a long time. Disenchanted is such a good song too fuck. Famous Last Words is one of my favorites from them personally. I feel bad for anyone who slept on them when they were huge in like 2007-2014. When Warped Tour was still a thing you know what I mean.

What's your favorite album from them? The Black Parade is obviously the best in my opinion.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Gengar and sportsmogger
I never did actually, but I watched Never Back Down since 2008 and there is a scene where the song "Teenagers" is played so I had listened to them since 2008 without knowing. And I rewatched that movie so many times.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: sportsmogger and TechnoBoss
MCR was one of my favorite bands for such a long time. Disenchanted is such a good song too fuck. Famous Last Words is one of my favorites from them personally. I feel bad for anyone who slept on them when they were huge in like 2007-2014. When Warped Tour was still a thing you know what I mean.

What's your favorite album from them? The Black Parade is obviously the best in my opinion.

Idk havent heard much but i heard three cheers for sweet revenge is good too

I like tracks from the black parade like cancer disenchanted and teenagers

• Love it
Reactions: TechnoBoss
I never did actually, but I watched Never Back Down since 2008 and there is a scene where the song "Teenagers" is played so I had listened to them since 2008 without knowing. And I rewatched that movie so many times.
Never Back Down is such a good movie

Cam Gigandet Whatever GIF

• Love it
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Gengar
peak whiteboy music

• JFL
Reactions: sportsmogger
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: TechnoBoss and sportsmogger

Listening to it now, I like it so far

I AM NOT AFRAID TO KEEP ON LIVING

• Love it
Teenagers is such a good song it's a classic. I've never actually seen that movie though. You should really give their old discography a listen. I'm listening to a song called Demolition Lovers right now but it's not one of their old songs.

Listening to it now, I like it so far

I AM NOT AFRAID TO KEEP ON LIVING
I AM NOT AFRAID TO WALK THIS WORLD ALONE!

Concert Mcr GIF by My Chemical Romance

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Gengar and sportsmogger
I give up, this is just unlistenable, or at least it doesn't repay in any way the effort spent giving it a spin. The Queen influenced overwrought over the top stuff doesn't even bother me, it's the utter lack of songs I want to put on repeat, of memorable lyrics (whether because of being good or funny), of sticky melodies, of everything pop punk is supposed to have in spades. Simply put Gerard Way's songwriting leaves me cold, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Even "Welcome to the Black Parade", supposed to be a standout is just insufferable. Comparing them to their so-called peers does them no favours either, Panic! At the Disco at least have that singer dude with a deeper voice, which is pretty ridiculous and sorta funny, Gerard Way, though, is a terrible vocalist, melodrama without melody, lots of posturing, zero charisma. Fall Out Boy, while shallow and more than a little stupid, have understood that what it's all about in the style they're in are catchy songs, and they try to create them.

My Chemical Romance's "Black Parade" is mostly an ugly mess, with a band severely lacking in talent overreaching and falling way flat. It's not even silly in a funeral dance way anymore, in the vein of "Helena" or whatever that one was called. Imagine a Billy Corgan album where all the interesting guitars and psychedelic textures are removed (no "Thru the Eyes of Ruby" around), where the nasal whine goes into overdrive and doesn't let up, where the lyrics are even worse (!?), turgid navel gazing without hooks or bite to it. It is a barren place to be sure, and definitely not one I'll want to visit any time soon. I've said it before but this album makes Fall Out Boy's latest sound invigorating, fresh and fun.

• JFL
nah tbh, feels like too much of a pussy band for me to actually listen to

• JFL
whats not a pussy band to you
i listen to pretty much every subgenre of rock, from everything to brutal death metal to blacknoise to nu metal to hardcore etc etc, i just feel like mcr is too homoerotic/twinkmaxxed to listen to, its mostly targeted towards 12 year old girls

• JFL
i listen to pretty much every subgenre of rock, from everything to brutal death metal to blacknoise to nu metal to hardcore etc etc, i just feel like mcr is too homoerotic/twinkmaxxed to listen to, its mostly targeted towards 12 year old girls
Who cares about any of that gay shit just listen to the music if you like it then good. I like it because it sounds great and it reminds me of when being emo was the in-thing for a while. I listen to death metal too but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy other good music. As a matter of fact, I'm probably gonna listen to Paramore after this because you said that :ogre:

I'm listening to Helena right now @sportsmogger

• Woah
Who cares about any of that gay shit just listen to the music if you like it then good. I like it because it sounds great and it reminds me of when being emo was the in-thing for a while. I listen to death metal too but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy other good music. As a matter of fact, I'm probably gonna listen to Paramore after this because you said that :ogre:

I'm listening to Helena right now @sportsmogger

mcr sounds like the type of music youd hear in a commercial gym jfl, im open to trying new bands and genres and im probably the guy that knows the most bands here but jfl mcr is just too meh

• Hmm...
Teenagers is such a good song it's a classic. I've never actually seen that movie though. You should really give their old discography a listen. I'm listening to a song called Demolition Lovers right now but it's not one of their old songs.

I AM NOT AFRAID TO WALK THIS WORLD ALONE!

Concert Mcr GIF by My Chemical Romance
Give the movie a watch, I am not sure if you will still enjoy as it is a movie aimed at teenagers but maybe you will like it anyway. I also listened to Welcome to the Black Parade.

• Love it