Do you guys take potassium supplements ?

HereToGetBetter

HereToGetBetter

Bronze
What form of potassium if yes + title and dosage.

Im interested about this.

• +1
Reactions: HereToGetBetter
most people are deficient in potassium due to its depletion in the soil

Consume sweet potatoes over rice/pasta and eat spinach plus potassium containing supplements and you'll be alright

• +1
Reactions: Beastchodecode and HereToGetBetter
A banana is the best potassium supplement

• +1
Reactions: HereToGetBetter
Potassium is very hard to supplement, supplements themself are shit because the legal limit is 99mg which is nothing so what i do is buy nosalt which is 2000mg per tablespoon and put a bit in my water dont eat it just like that youll throw up

• +1
Reactions: Beastchodecode and HereToGetBetter
What form of potassium if yes + title and dosage.
No, the FDA only allows potassium supplements to go up to 99mg because potassium tablets in doses higher can literally give you a cardiac arrest and arrhythmia issues. For reference, 99mg is %2 of your RDA.

Just eat banans and spinach

No, the FDA only allows potassium supplements to go up to 99mg because potassium tablets in doses higher can literally give you a cardiac arrest and arrhythmia issues. For reference, 99mg is %2 of your RDA.

Just eat banans and spinach
How come if 100 grams worth of bananas has 358mg of it ? also how much bananas do you personally use to debloat ?

How come if 100 grams worth of bananas has 358mg of it ? also how much bananas do you personally use to debloat ?
Because potassium in tablet forms are different than in food. Im not sure why. But potassium from food wont cause any complications but the tablets can give you a heart attack.

Ill eat a few bananas and munch on spinach through-out the day. Great for health too.
To debloat its not a specific number, rather a ratio. You want to eat double the potassium than sodium on any given day, since potassium is an antagonist to sodium. 2:1 potassium-sodium ratio.

Theres a good guide on it here on BOTB.

Eat 2 giant bananas everyday , so I think Im good

i eat banana and low sodium