do you think hedonism is valuable?

mug

mug

Kraken
do you think life has no meaning and you should just live for the pursuit of pleasure?

• +1
Reactions: n9wiff
there's more to life than hedonic pleasure

theres joy, satisfaction, excitement, love, thrill, etc.

hedonism is your resting period so you can recharge to do the ACTUAL important shit in life

• +1
Reactions: mug

hedonism is your resting period so you can recharge to do the ACTUAL important shit in life
i agree

• +1
Reactions: exipreess

arent all those hedonist pleasures?

I see that hedonism is the way. Because life is too short to be lived in pain and suffering. So the human being should do everything he can to live to the fullest and have the most pleasure he can achieve. But that doesnt mean over indulging, cuz that can put him in depression and bad mental states. Just have a look at video games that do nothing but indulge in high-stimulating video games and shitty food and sedentary lifestyles, they all arent happy. Because when something is abused it loses its value. So we should have some breaks to sense the value of these pleasures, and to value them. There is a proverb in arabic that says: if it surpassed its limits, it inverts to the opposite. I hope i translated well. @exipreess

I think hedonism is one of the most deglamorized ideas by society

I see that hedonism is the way. Because life is too short to be lived in pain and suffering. So the human being should do everything he can to live to the fullest and have the most pleasure he can achieve. But that doesnt mean over indulging, cuz that can put him in depression and bad mental states. Just have a look at video games that do nothing but indulge in high-stimulating video games and shitty food and sedentary lifestyles, they all arent happy. Because when something is abused it loses its value. So we should have some breaks to sense the value of these pleasures, and to value them. There is a proverb in arabic that says: if it surpassed its limits, it inverts to the opposite. I hope i translated well. @exipreess
read philosophy, you're not the first human being on earth to think about this

my response is, set your life up for continual improvement, so you get more pleasure is time goes on, find a way to improve and build without suffering, get comfortable with a bit of struggle - if you actually live life and face struggles you adapt and become comfortable with them, as long as its what you wish for and not forced upon you

struggling makes your moments of hedonism more enjoyable too, apart from bringing you more positives on top

read philosophy, you're not the first human being on earth to think about this

my response is, set your life up for continual improvement, so you get more pleasure is time goes on, find a way to improve and build without suffering, get comfortable with a bit of struggle - if you actually live life and face struggles you adapt and become comfortable with them, as long as its what you wish for and not forced upon you

struggling makes your moments of hedonism more enjoyable too, apart from bringing you more positives on top
thats extends what i just sayed

struggle makes hedonist pleasures more enjoyable

• +1
struggle makes hedonist pleasures more enjoyable
yeah but its not just hedonism vs struggle

what does finding the love of your life fall under? it has nothing to do with hedonic pleasure
or reaching the summit of a mountain

i think theorizing about it as a whole is a bad approach, the only way to know is through life experience

what does finding the love of your life fall under? it has nothing to do with hedonic pleasure

i think theorizing about it as a whole is a bad approach, the only way to know is through life experience
ig its about finding the right balance?

• +1
Screenshot 2024 08 31 154634

ig its about finding the right balance?
yeah, as long as you go out and try things you'll know eventually

overworking and "grinding" is just as retarded as being a neet rotter, ive done it and it leaves you depressed and separated from what brings you joy in life

if you find the right balance, thats when you feel "satisfied" with life, which is a thing itself

• +1
Reactions: walidthelooksmaxxer

means having pleasure, but having some struggle (wich is unavoidable) like pursuing dreams or something will always gives u more taste to pleasures.

• +1
means having pleasure, but having some struggle (wich is unavoidable) like pursuing dreams or something will always gives u more taste to pleasures.
yeah and struggle brings you less suffering the more you adapt to it, the worst choice is to avoid trying

yeah and struggle brings you less suffering the more you adapt to it, the worst choice is to avoid trying
yeah like those blackpill incels lol

• +1