Do you think it would ever be possible to fully transplant the brain ?

Saint Casanova

Saint Casanova

Kraken
There’s plenty of technological limitations that we face at the moment preventing us from doing so: these include lack of ways to stop our immune system from accepting the transplanted brain, deciding where the donor brain will come from ( this raises complex ethical and philosophical problems), and overall connecting the new brain to our existing nervous system.

In my opinion, I think in the future, we won’t be transplanting the actual brain. Instead, we might create a complex device that mimics our brain’s electrical signals and creates an artificial interface that could in theory self regulate and work without the organ being present. Although this would require us understanding fully how the brain works and having access to a device that’s advanced enough to create that interface. I wonder if AI could somehow be a major aspect of this.

Another interesting idea is the use of animal brains. Could we somehow transplant the brain of an animal and connect it to our nervous system. I think we would still require that complex interface that would mimic at least some our brains activity. Would we in fact have some of the animals consciousnesses or could we somehow suppress it ?

I don’t think we could transplant another humans brain however as that persons consciousness will now be present in our body’s vessel. So technically, we wouldn’t exist. Unless like mentioned before, we someone suppress that consciousness and add our on into the new brain through the computer- brain interface.

This is such an amazing area of medicine to explore and it’s so fascinating as we’re basically playing with consciousness.

This really makes me want to study medicine jfl

Maybe in hundreds of years probably

Too long. What about gene editing and Crispr ?
Maybe 50 years until gene editing will be available to the public. Although super rich billionaires probably.