Does accutane give permanent hairloss?

Deleted member 1089

Deleted member 1089

Luv fightin and beer
I have done all sorts of acne medication and the only option left is accutane.
Is the hairloss permanent?
My acne is not severe but it's getting worse.

Dude it does nothing.
Been on it for 1 year.
No hairloss whatsoever.
Only 17 though .
Also grew a little in height

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1089
for me it reduced my hairloss by reducing my sebborgeic dermatitis

• +1
Hair thinning isn't a common side effect of isotretinoin, and in most people that do experience it, it's only a temporary issue. There are other side effects to be aware of though too.

• +1
Dude it does nothing.
Been on it for 1 year.
No hairloss whatsoever.
Only 17 though .
Also grew a little in height

1 year?
Did it help your acne tho

I have done all sorts of acne medication and the only option left is accutane.
Is the hairloss permanent?
My acne is not severe but it's getting worse.
Dont risk it. Just stick to a good acne routine, dont touch your skin and regularly wash your pillow, also sleep on your back

Dont risk it. Just stick to a good acne routine, dont touch your skin and regularly wash your pillow, also sleep on your back

I have a perfect routine, perfect diet and all of that.
Still have acne, its not that bad but I have big cysts under my skin :feelscry:

• Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: GordonFreeman and Deleted member 2621
I have a perfect routine, perfect diet and all of that.
Still have acne, its not that bad but I have big cysts under my skin :feelscry:
Yo sry bout that... Do you do regular peelings and most importantly take collagen supplements?

Yo sry bout that... Do you do regular peelings and most importantly take collagen supplements?

Just bought collagen supplements and some retinol shit,
How can I do peelings?

I assume since you said that you've done all sorts of medication that you're under a dermatologist and they're the one that has suggested you start isotretinoin?

ETA: What "retinol shit" are you using?

• +1
I assume since you said that you've done all sorts of medication that you're under a dermatologist and they're the one that has suggested you start isotretinoin?

Yes

1 year?
Did it help your acne tho
I went from cystic nose chin and forehead acne and bullying from guys and girls
To prettyboy slayer who lost virginity and had multiple gfs in 1 year.
You tell me.
I get pimples or whatever but only from shaving.On my neck mostly

• +1

ETA: What "retinol shit" are you using?

Not using any ATM,
More specifically they told me the only medication I havnt tried is isotretinoin and that it's the only thing left they can give me.

Look, there's a ton of shit out there in terms of acne treatments, but isotretinoin is kind of like a nuke going in there- which is why it's so effective.
Isotretinoin is a form of retinoic acid which is the form of vitamin A that our cells can work with. Retinols (the type that you see in a lot of cosmetics) are under the same umbrella but need to go through two conversions in your skin before they become retinoic acid (and therefore can be useful). This means that retinols are much milder than isotretinoin or other retinoic acids and therefore are ultimately less effective.
If your derm is suggesting isotretinoin, I'd say go for it. It's not a medication to be fucked with since it can have some nasty side effects, but if it'll help you out in the long run, I'd say go for it. (just be prepared to get super super dry)

• +1
Just bought collagen supplements and some retinol shit,
How can I do peelings?
It gives you a more even skin, more elastine, higher collagen, less pimples, and smaller pores.

There are different forms of peelings, Ill only explain self applied, because during a professional peeling you will see a dermatologist who knows better than I do.

Basically there is mechanical peelings, with microparticals which rub on the skin, like this they stimulate it and give a better skin.

IF YOUR SKIN IS GOOD TO BEGIN WITH!
Had to learn that the hard way, but basically if you already have acne the microparticles will destroy them and cause them to spread and get irritated even more, I had a breakout, and applied more and more, which only made it worse.

Second kind are enzymatic peelings.

They work purely chemical and destroy certain bridges between skin particles, removing tallow and clearing up cystes.

Third kind are chemical peelings, which use lotions which deeply penetrate your skin and change certain factors, making for a better skin. They also irritate the skin, so no sun exposure afterwards!

Also keep applying collagen, look at her skin, I know for a fact she regularly take collagen
(Btw, dont take it orally. It doesnt hurt, but it doesnt help either since there is no evidence that it ever reaches your skin, scientists believe its broken down its amino acids long before it gets even close to your skin.

Id use most of them generally twice a week, depending on the type.

It gives you a more even skin, more elastine, higher collagen, less pimples, and smaller pores.

There are different forms of peelings, Ill only explain self applied, because during a professional peeling you will see a dermatologist who knows better than I do.

Basically there is mechanical peelings, with microparticals which rub on the skin, like this they stimulate it and give a better skin.

Had to learn that the hard way, but basically if you already have acne the microparticles will destroy them and cause them to spread and get irritated even more, I had a breakout, and applied more and more, which only made it worse.

They work purely chemical and destroy certain bridges between skin particles, removing tallow and clearing up cystes.

Third kind are chemical peelings, which use lotions which deeply penetrate your skin and change certain factors, making for a better skin. They also irritate the skin, so no sun exposure afterwards!

Also keep applying collagen, look at her skin, I know for a fact she regularly take collagen
(Btw, dont take it orally. It doesnt hurt, but it doesnt help either since there is no evidence that it ever reaches your skin, scientists believe its broken down its amino acids long before it gets even close to your skin.

I just bought, Vitamin C 500g, Retinol cream, Dermaroller 1mm and I also take 30mg's of zinc.
Plus a waash and mousturizer

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel and Deleted member 2621

What do you mean by "keep applying collagen"?

I've read about that buy when I take it orally I still see results regardless so idk...

What do you mean by "keep applying collagen"?

I've read about that buy when I take it orally I still see results regardless so idk...
Like if it works for you continue, just saying there is no scientific evidence for oral supplementation

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
high inhib

• +1
Reactions: Tyronecell
Like if it works for you continue, just saying there is no scientific evidence for oral supplementation
Yes I know bud but I was confused did you mean apply it directly on your face??

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
No it doesn’t

Bump, I want more insight