Does anyone else love whisky?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
If only it weren't so expensive. I'm not referring to the undrinkable crap aka Jim Beam white label and Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 :sick::sick::sick: but even the cheapest single malt sccotch is very expensive compared to vodka or beer. The cheapest whisky I can actually somewhat enjoy neat is a blended malt and costs 10 bucks, which is incredibly cheap for a whisky that doesn't burn like hellfire in your throat and
tastes like rubbing alcohol mixed with glue and cotton candy but still more pricy than bottom shelf vodka or beer. If you are someone who drinks only on special occasions, you can afford to spend more money on a good bottle but if you want to have a glass every night, that'll be impossible for most people with (below) average income.

I'm doing OMAD ≤1,500 kcal and I'd gladly cut the amount of food I can have in half just to be able to fit a glass in there without missing my calorie and weight loss goals. I've been catching myself craving a sip far too often lately but my wallet sure as hell doesn't like it. Life was easier when beer could satisfy me but then I got the bug and now, all beer tastes like watered down apple spritzer compared to whisky. It's getting cold outside and there's nothing better than a lovely glass of whisky to unwind and warm you up

• +1
Reactions: TheAnomaly
Yes, I buy the cheapest whiskey in the store, and then use it every time I want a cheap drunk.

• JFL
Reactions: Bewusst
  • WTF
Reactions: sytyl
Yes, I buy the cheapest whiskey in the store, and then use it every time I want a cheap drunk.
This is so stupid. If you just want to get hammered and don't care about taste, why not buy a bottle of the cheapest rum or vodka? The cheapest whisk(e)y still costs more than clear spirits of the same quality, plus it tastes 10x worse. I got drunk off of Jim Beam white label recently (for financial reasons) and it was one of the toughtest things I've ever done. Never again, even if someone else paid for it. Next time I'll just buy my 10 euro blended malt again; even cheaper than JB and not nauseating

a19.jpeg

Guess not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back