Does anyone else think celebrating birthdays is stupid?

ChadL1te

ChadL1te

Hardstuck MTN
maybe things like 18th birthday or 10, but other than that I dont see the point. What am I celebrating and getting congratulated for? Existing? Why should anyone get props for that? You didn't do shit, you can get rewarded once you succeed. I get really pissed when i see kids my age getting hundreds worth of gifts for their birthday.

Even if they're rich thats corny, shows a weak and soft mindset. I also find it awkward when my friends and family make a big deal, they're just being nice so I appreciate it but Im never super excited.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: deadstock, TechnoBoss, imthesupremecel and 12 others
@Darkeningstar @Rea @Jason Voorhees

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar and Rea
yeah it's a waste of money. i think a lot of celebrations are just meant for kids. adults are supposed to be celebrating it with/on behalf of their children, but we have so many genetic dead end anti natalists nowadays and no nuclear families left

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar, Rea, noobs and 2 others
I always got anxious asf when my birthday came around because I knew my friends wouldn't remember or say anything

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, ChadL1te and halloweed
ages 3-18 are really important for mental health and well being

you should still have some form of celebration after that no matter how small (even if its just a shot of sambuca by yourself)

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and ChadL1te
I stopped celebration my birthday, because it reminds me I'm getting older.

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar, Chadeep, ChadL1te and 1 other person
some of my birthdays were the worst days of my entire life

• +1
i stopped liking birthdays after 13

its good to get together though with ur family, just annoying when it comes around

• +1
I don't know
Never had a birthday tbh

maybe things like 18th birthday or 10, but other than that I dont see the point. What am I celebrating and getting congratulated for? Existing? Why should anyone get props for that? You didn't do shit, you can get rewarded once you succeed. I get really pissed when i see kids my age getting hundreds worth of gifts for their birthday.

Even if they're rich thats corny, shows a weak and soft mindset. I also find it awkward when my friends and family make a big deal, they're just being nice so I appreciate it but Im never super excited.
As long as they give me things I'm fine with birthdays

• Hmm...
Reactions: ChadL1te
i stopped liking birthdays after 13

its good to get together though with ur family, just annoying when it comes around
Yeah same feeling

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar and Dream99
I don't know
Never had a birthday tbh
Why not?
ages 3-18 are really important for mental health and well being

you should still have some form of celebration after that no matter how small (even if its just a shot of sambuca by yourself)
sure a small celebration but for me just having someone acknowledge it is enough. Maybe for like 12 year olds yeah but past 14 it’s a waste

• +1
Reactions: maarda
sure a small celebration but for me just having someone acknowledge it is enough.
that's kinda what I mean. just do something to mark the moment.

even "close" friends don't really acknowledge mine anymore

just my parents

Maybe for like 12 year olds yeah but past 14 it’s a waste
nah disagree

a niggas brain develops till 25 innit

stuff like 16 18 and even 21 should be marked with friend groups IN STYLE

missing out could be detrimental and lead to abused dog syndrome

that's kinda what I mean. just do something to mark the moment.

even "close" friends don't really acknowledge mine anymore

just my parents

nah disagree

a niggas brain develops till 25 innit

stuff like 16 18 and even 21 should be marked with friend groups IN STYLE

missing out could be detrimental and lead to abused dog syndrome
eh, i enjoyed celebrations at those ages i just never saw the point in them as i mentioned in OP

kinda just seems like an excuse to get drunk

They mogged as kids. I don't feel the same anymore for Birthdays.

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar and ChadL1te
i don’t like any celebrations

• +1
how old are u? And yuh ive had fun i just dont see the value society places on it
I'm 22. It's mostly Consoomerism if anything. Some people use it to hit milestone. Like Millionaire by 30. Lamborghini by 40. Private Jet at 50. Yacht at 60 etc.

• +1
It is and I fucking hate birthdays
Nobody celebrate them after 20 anyway

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and glizzygnasher68
It’s stupid only if you’re incel. You should celebrate your birthday when you’re good looking

It’s stupid only if you’re incel. You should celebrate your birthday when you’re good looking
dosent make sense, still a stupid celebration

• JFL
Reactions: Nick.Harte and Gonthar
I can't stand birthdays and I don't like to wish others happy birthday, in fact I forget most of the dates

• +1
Then you should be happy, you spend some time with them, have fun together, etc.
I usually get treated to dinner out by my family.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I dislike having a good time, i just find the importance of birthdays to be found in a questionable reason and value

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
Yeah I feel the same way now, I'm in my twenties and getting old is scary

• +1