Does anyone here have a true mental illness?

dreamcake1mo

dreamcake1mo

Mistral
I'm quite curious on how its like to live with a actual metal illness. How is it? Did you just suddenly become damaged/deranged, and is this something you yourself noticed, or did someone else have to recognize it for you?

There's a person i used to know, who suddenly started going ape shit. Out of nowhere (reported by family), he started doing typical crazy shit like breaking in houses naked, stalking, and weird shit with family members. I remember interacting with him prior to the diagnosis early in his teens, and he was a perfectly normal kid. A few years past, and i started getting all types of news about him doing strange things to people around him, with him being diagnosed with some form of mental illness. I always truly wondered if this was just a result of his environment, and that maybe he couldn't take it anymore. But i will admit, he did not seem the same when i did meet him again, though, still seeming fairly normal?

How is it like with and without taking your medication? And do you think you could manage without medication? Do you think that ultimately the onset and trigger of your illness is caused by compounding factors of your environment/space? As in, do you think the people around you maybe overreact or do not understand that your behavior perhaps is not a result of some brain damage, but a result of situation etc.? Or is there some damage you recognize going on.

I'm quite curious on how its like to live with a actual metal illness. How is it? Did you just suddenly become damaged/deranged, and is this something you yourself noticed, or did someone else have to recognize it for you?

There's a person i used to know, who suddenly started going ape shit. Out of nowhere (reported by family), he started doing typical crazy shit like breaking in houses naked, stalking, and weird shit with family members. I remember interacting with him prior to the diagnosis early in his teens, and he was a perfectly normal kid. A few years past, and i started getting all types of news about him doing strange things to people around him, with him being diagnosed with some form of mental illness. I always truly wondered if this was just a result of his environment, and that maybe he couldn't take it anymore. But i will admit, he did not seem the same when i did meet him again, though, still seeming fairly normal?

How is it like with and without taking your medication? And do you think you could manage without medication? Do you think that ultimately the onset and trigger of your illness is caused by compounding factors of your environment/space? As in, do you think the people around you maybe overreact or do not understand that your behavior perhaps is not a result of some brain damage, but a result of situation etc.? Or is there some damage you recognize going on.
Mental illness is rare in kids
It appear when you pass throught puberty mostly

• +1
Reactions: Lokki, LegitUser and AySab
I have borderline, chronic. depression, ocd and anxiety disorder. I dont take any medication, medication is bs and you feel like a zombie on it.

Last edited:
Diagnosed with bp depression in 2 online sessions and got prescribed jfl. Mental illness is a joke atp

• +1
Reactions: yue
I have borderline, chronic. depression, ocd and anxiety disorder. I dont take any medication, medication is bs and you feel like a zombie on it.
You can’t be diagnosed with BPD if you’re not an adult, highly doubt you have all of these things unless you went to a psychiatrist.

• +1
Reactions: LegitUser
You can’t be diagnosed with BPD if you’re not an adult
Not true, with the age of 16 you can get diagnosed with borderline. Everything under 16 is problematic and you cant tell 100%.

Last edited:
yeah, acne scars. they will make you want to skin yourself alive

• +1
Reactions: lebesgue and BrahminBoss
highly doubt you have all of these things unless you went to a psychiatrist.
I went to therapy for 2 years straight.
After 2 years depression is chronic. All of my symptoms pointed to borderline. These symptoms were present long enough for my therapist to diagnose me with borderline. I got my borderline diagnose early this year.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LegitUser and TechnoBoss
Mental health research and solutions are so garbage, I don’t know how it’s even considered a science.

psychiatry is possibly the most evil field in the world

• +1
Stuttering definitely should be classified as a mental disease. That shit has lost me so many willing hoes and employers

• +1

I hear voices

bdd I didn't go to the beach for years due to this reason

I had suspected schizophrenia, epilepsy, and anxiety because no doctor could realise what was actually wrong with me

Later they realised they would never truly know what I have so they just kind of stopped at extremely Severe psychotic depression, but I still go to epilepsy tests since they arent even 50% sure i actually have anything at all