Does anyone know how to actually train in a sport like basketball and futbol?

futureashtray

futureashtray

your oneitis < caylee cowan
Like yeah we can do repetitive drills but the thing is that, in a real game there is pressure so it’s very different and people aren’t cones, and the ball will never be given or thrown at you the same way, everything is unpredictable. How to optimally train, specifically basketball, I live in a mostly black highschool so being good at basketball instantly gets you foids, so how do you improve quickly? I could practice how to dribble all day and watch videos on the best moves and whatever but when I watch the nba they never do anything flashy, they are always playing smart, it’s like iq is way more important that actually ball skill, but still in not really good at dribbling, when it comes to shooting I can do layups but 3s most of the time I’m hitting 5-10% of all my shots, how do I improve fast and quickly, I can learn things very quick, and if I take a nootropic I could learn even faster but I want to learn optimally, because when you learn shit some type of way, it gets wired that type of way and it’s really hard to unwire that muscle memory, so how can I improve optimally?

TLDR: how can I train in sports optimally so I can get better faster. (Specifically basketball)

Like yeah we can do repetitive drills but the thing is that, in a real game there is pressure so it’s very different and people aren’t cones, and the ball will never be given or thrown at you the same way, everything is unpredictable. How to optimally train, specifically basketball, I live in a mostly black highschool so being good at basketball instantly gets you foids, so how do you improve quickly? I could practice how to dribble all day and watch videos on the best moves and whatever but when I watch the nba they never do anything flashy, they are always playing smart, it’s like iq is way more important that actually ball skill, but still in not really good at dribbling, when it comes to shooting I can do layups but 3s most of the time I’m hitting 5-10% of all my shots, how do I improve fast and quickly, I can learn things very quick, and if I take a nootropic I could learn even faster but I want to learn optimally, because when you learn shit some type of way, it gets wired that type of way and it’s really hard to unwire that muscle memory, so how can I improve optimally?

TLDR: how can I train in sports optimally so I can get better faster. (Specifically basketball)
What are you trying to get better at? Shooting? Vert? Athleticism?????

Playing is the best training unless u want to practice shooting then watch form videos and shoot for like 3 hours at a local court

yeah ima just practise fundamentals then flashy moves and etc will come later naturally

Challenge yourself hard enough that it makes you uncomfortable

• +1
Reactions: falcon1 and try2beme
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship

For vertical, do plyometrics and hit legs. Practice your handles, shooting, dont practise passing its a waste of time. Try to 1v1 people better than you or at a similar level. Most important is the hours you actually play.

Play as much pickup as you can

Also play with people better than you

For vertical, do plyometrics and hit legs. Practice your handles, shooting, dont practise passing its a waste of time. Try to 1v1 people better than you or at a similar level. Most important is the hours you actually play.
thanks

Ask the goat himself @the BULL