Does braces fuck up the face?

D

Deleted member 33379

Slayer
I have slightly crooked teeth with a misaligned dental midline. My jawline is a tad asymmetrical.

What would be the best option for me? Braces, Invisalign, maybe palate expanders? I am ready to pay for braces/Invisalign but i am afraid it might recess my maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: RedRiser and PointOfNoReturn
I have slightly crooked teeth with a misaligned dental midline. My jawline is a tad asymmetrical.

What would be the best option for me? Braces, Invisalign, maybe palate expanders? I am ready to pay for braces/Invisalign but i am afraid it might recess my maxilla.
If youre under 20 yes. They most likely will.

• JFL
Reactions: Donkeyballs
Yes, braces melt bone.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: aspiringexcel and Deleted member 30432
If youre under 20 yes. They most likely will.
How would braces ruin your face when you are only fixing crooked teeth and an assymetrical dental midline?
If it’s not to fix an overbite it shouldn’t ruin your face tbh

Yes especially if you don't want to fuck up your chin and maxilla I've became giga recessed from 1.5 years of braces

• +1
Reactions: zura
Yes especially if you don't want to fuck up your chin and maxilla I've became giga recessed from 1.5 years of braces
Ive been on braces from 12 to 16. I literally want to end my shit rn

• So Sad
Reactions: zura
Why did you have braces? Unaligned bite?

Ive been on braces from 12 to 16. I literally want to end my shit rn
Atleast my teeth are straight now. At the cost of me becoming an absolute chinlet

How do i fix my dental midline then?
Braces or Invisalign.
There’s literally no reason that braces should fuck your face over if it’s not fixing anything like an overbite. There shouldn’t be any force being applied to your maxilla.
The thing is that braces have such a bad rep because when you have an overbite, instead of fix your lower jaw they just pull your maxilla backwards and you end up with an ugly and flat face

Overbite and malocclusion
Yeah that shit sucks. I also got braces treatment but I never used my elastics so it didn’t really fuck me that much

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Syndicate619
Braces or Invisalign.
There’s literally no reason that braces should fuck your face over if it’s not fixing anything like an overbite. There shouldn’t be any force being applied to your maxilla.
The thing is that braces have such a bad rep because when you have an overbite, instead of fix your lower jaw they just pull your maxilla backwards and you end up with an ugly and flat face
I think i have a slight overbite BRUH

I think i have a slight overbite BRUH
Well if you are going to go to braces just be sure they don’t mess with your bite. If it’s just slight it shouldn’t be a problem tbh

Well if you are going to go to braces just be sure they don’t mess with your bite. If it’s just slight it should be a problem tbh
Do u mean shouldnt?

• +1
Reactions: Donkeyballs
Everybody is wrong.

Premolar extractions + braces to close the gaps in growing kids (under 14) cause recessed jaws. (They prevent forward growth, so the rest of the skull moves forward ahead of the jaws)

Braces in people done growing change the teeth, they cant change your jaws, therefore they cant ruin your face.

The people saying "braces bad, invisalign good" are actually retarded they both do the same thing jfl.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, WagedandReady, zainab and 2 others
Everybody is wrong.

Premolar extractions + braces to close the gaps in growing kids (under 14) cause recessed jaws.

Braces in people done growing change the teeth, they cant change your jaws, therefore they cant ruin your face.

The people saying "braces bad, invisalign good" are actually retarded they both do the same thing jfl.
Braces cant recess your maxilla, your maxilla already done growing you nigger

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and aspiringexcel
Everybody is wrong.

Premolar extractions + braces to close the gaps in growing kids (under 14) cause recessed jaws.

Okay I appreciate your reply, thank you bro

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: aspiringexcel and ItsOver999
Only if they are used to retract your teeth back. (which usually requires existing gaps on the teeth or extractions)

Anything other than that is mewing retard fear mongering

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver999
if you get premolar extractions when u r done growing and braces to close the gaps, it wont cause jaw recession, it will possibly pull ur lips back tho.

There is not 1 single report of anyone with normal jaws that is done growing getting braces but there maxilla moves back. If that happened the ortho would literally notice an underbite forming or the front upper incisors proclining , this has never happened.

if you get premolar extractions when u r done growing and braces to close the gaps, it wont cause jaw recession, it will possibly pull ur lips back tho.

There is not 1 single report of anyone with normal jaws that is done growing getting braces but there maxilla moves back. If that happened the ortho would literally notice an underbite forming or the front upper incisors proclining , this has never happened.
What do u mean by pulling lips back?

What do u mean by pulling lips back?
622C6013 DD5C 40DD 9D67 A1E71DED861A
Left is extractions, right is no extractions

Edit: this picture is frauded, the rights head is slightly turned towards camera but u get the idea

83B08A80 E05C 4D61 B025 757FEEB9C11D
Your teeth r right behind ur lips, ur lips rest on ur teeth, if u get premolar extractions and gaps closed, ur front teeth move backwards so ur lips collapse inward

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady and Deleted member 33379
T

• Love it
Reactions: ItsOver999
"All fixed appliances damage the face " - John Mew

"I haven't used fixed appliances in 40 years" - John Mew

Braces, tooth extractions, Invisalign will all damage your face.

In the end, you will regret bad decisions.

braces are a curse given to the earth by satan, absolutely ruined my jaw and masseters instantaneously. Palate expanders are a fix-all, don't do MSE tho because it's too expensive and it's too quick, get like a retainer expander or something along those lines

braces are a curse given to the earth by satan, absolutely ruined my jaw and masseters instantaneously. Palate expanders are a fix-all, don't do MSE tho because it's too expensive and it's too quick, get like a retainer expander or something along those lines
What age were u wearing braces

Guys what if I have braces , that don’t retract and won’t get extractions. They slightly expand the dental arch and puts the teeth in the correct place

Did u have any sort of under/overbite?