Does chewing a lot actually wear down your teeth overtime?

K

Krakowski

Kraken
Or is it mainly chewing + sugar?

People in the past had good teeth despite chewing a lot

If I stay away as much as possible from added sugars but still chew a lot will my teeth still wear down fast if I chew a bunch?

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901, Interested, 5'7 zoomer and 1 other person
@Mrinfinityx @Interested @5'7 zoomer @Ekil73_YT

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
i have molar tooth erosion from mostly clenching but chewing also, but it's not crackhead tier

• +1
Reactions: Mrinfinityx and Krakowski
Or is it mainly chewing + sugar?

People in the past had good teeth despite chewing a lot

If I stay away as much as possible from added sugars but still chew a lot will my teeth still wear down fast if I chew a bunch?
Only in chronic excessive resistance or forces cases applied on molars (even dental fissure and gum recession can happend like in bruxism pathology, tmj must be noted) like chewing on an expert jawliner with 80kg per cm2 which is excessive when beginner 15 minutes slow motion is more than enough and safe mimicking the best the though foods found in our direct evolutionary primal environnement, also chronic jawsrize device chewing on incisives and thumbpulling faggotery leading to high chance of anterior gape, dental fissure, gum recession, tmj disease because those teeth are not enough resistant by their roots weaknesses and not designed to chew either

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
i have molar tooth erosion from mostly clenching but chewing also, but it's not crackhead tier
That s the rapid spike of contact so the velocity of impact than create the dental wear not the tension when the teeth are in contact considering there is minimal lateral movement, are u sure that u are not a case of lateral bruxism at night or even developed bruxism and masseters hypertension by this chewing practice leading to rapid impact velocity in occlusion ? Also magnesium deficiency can be another potential explanation leading to unwanted masseters contraction generally of an high velocity factor, also there is the dry mouth factor coupled with calcium/protein deficiency in saliva coupled with acidic ph of saliva generated by high valence of pathogenic bacteria flore with chronic sugar/acidic foods/colorants/smoking intake because the teeth are not well lubricated and remineralized catalysing the erosion process even more

Last edited:
That s the rapid spike of contact so the velocity of impact than create the dental wear not the tension when the teeth are in contact considering there is minimal lateral movement, are u sure that u are not a case of lateral bruxism at night or even developed bruxism and masseters hypertension by this chewing practice leading to rapid impact velocity in occlusion ? Also magnesium deficiency can be another potential explanation leading to unwanted masseters contraction generally of an high velocity factor, also there is the dry mouth factor coupled with calcium/protein deficiency in saliva coupled with acidic ph of saliva generated by high valence of pathogenic bacteria flore with chronic sugar/acidic foods/colorants/smoking intake because the teeth are not well lubricated and remineralized catalysing the erosion process even more
i used to have a highly acidic diet, lots of sugar etc a few years ago. i think clenching can cause micro cracks on the tooth surface, it would make sense because one upper molar has a slight abfraction but it hasn't gotten worse over time. tbh never really looked into it because it's not horrible but a few years ago a dentist pointed out the erosion on my molars, combined with an xray scan telling me i have the bone density of a 60 year old when i was 18 jfl

i'm pretty sure if i had bruxism i wouldn't sleep like a baby as i do now

• +1
Reactions: Mrinfinityx
i used to have a highly acidic diet, lots of sugar etc a few years ago. i think clenching can cause micro cracks on the tooth surface, it would make sense because one upper molar has a slight abfraction but it hasn't gotten worse over time. tbh never really looked into it because it's not horrible but a few years ago a dentist pointed out the erosion on my molars, combined with an xray scan telling me i have the bone density of a 60 year old when i was 18 jfl

i'm pretty sure if i had bruxism i wouldn't sleep like a baby as i do now
i confess than i am highly autistic obsessive on teeth preservation especially when in occlusion, must be said i have done 2 orthodontic treatments in my life, so to better fall asleep and emptying my mind i wear an upper retainer when sleeping to preserve any potential inconscious chronic erosion when i dont have the control on it, it highly helped and i recommend especially for bettering sleep mewing force or posture aswell, also dental shortening can looksmin significantly everyone and it is even noticeable in mandibular height and smile coupled with bone resorption while aging (bruxism patients with erosion have 90 % of time short face syndrom)

• +1
Reactions: redfacccee
I tried to find an answer to this but the world didn’t care

• Hmm...
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Krakowski