Does chewing increase ramus length?

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Studies have shown that jaw bone is lost when people get masseter reduction due to the muscle not tugging on the bone with the same force. This is focused around the gonial angle.

Another study has shown that chewing can produce jaw bone growth (Article with link to the study inside):

So with these things in mind, can chewing increase ramus length/jaw height?

Probably. Chew and find out by yourself.

• +1
Reactions: Alvik and sloopnoob
Probably. Chew and find out by yourself.
I’m chewing full time now because I got masseter reduction (botox) done and want them back now.

• JFL
Reactions: 5.5psl and draco
Studies have shown that jaw bone is lost when people get masseter reduction due to the muscle not tugging on the bone with the same force. This is focused around the gonial angle.

Another study has shown that chewing can produce jaw bone growth (Article with link to the study inside):

So with these things in mind, can chewing increase ramus length/jaw height?
My ramus has increased from it

Me:
Left side of face: big masseter and long ramus
Right side of face: normal masseter and shorter ramus

So yes.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Alvik and Deleted member 1338
Ive chewed on the right side excessivly my enitre life and its much wider, palate included. The eye on my right side is hunter tier also, everything on that side looks lifted/higher up and overall better.

Left side of face: eye is full on buggish with overlid eye exposure due to recession on that side, eye is lower down, ear is lower down, midface is longer, palate is lower down and narrower, ramus is shorter.

Im starting to think chewing affects the upper palate and the enitre skull way more than this mewing meme

Bruxism luco Fig3 4

RamusLength

• Love it
Reactions: JamesHowlett and Deleted member 2846