Does coffee/caffeine increase estrogen?

vratisevojvodo

vratisevojvodo

My Dad is a War Criminal
I used to drink coffee regularly until I figured that it increases estrogen. Since I do not want to become a woman I try to not drink it now. While coffee has a variety of alkaloids and compounds, the most abundant and significant one is definitely caffeine. Caffeine is metabolized chiefly by liver enzyme CYP-1A2 and is a pretty strong inhibitor of it. CYP-1A2 is unfortunately also the chief metabolic enzyme for estradiol. CYP-3A4 is the chief metabolic enzyme for testosterone.

Now, usually there is no reason to think twice about liver interactions. However, many of us drink 2 tablespoons instant coffee with milk, 2 or 3 times a day, and soda, for at least some 0.7 grams of caffeine a day. Correct me, but that means we are displacing some 0.35grams of estrogen from degradation (more or less depending on affinity to the CYP enzymes). Drinking just 2-3 cups coffee every day is not much different than taking a full month of women's contraceptives. And what is really upsetting is that liver enzymes do not rapidly upregulate- they do, but extremely slowly if at all.

I may try this when I'm older: Abstain from coffee and caffeine for a month, and go to some doctor to get a blood test of my estrogen levels, testosterone levels, cortisol levels, cholesterol, etc.. Then for a month I will drink instant coffee like twice a day and maybe a grande starbucks mocha like once a day, and after the month take the same blood test and see if estrogen levels are elevated.

Coffee is known for increasing estrogen dramatically in women, I am sure that this is by the CYP mechanism I am talking about and would be equivalent in men.

are you getting high e2 sides from coffee? jfl

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: raleqtambrobret, NZb6Air and LuckyBeast
U
I used to drink coffee regularly until I figured that it increases estrogen. Since I do not want to become a woman I try to not drink it now. While coffee has a variety of alkaloids and compounds, the most abundant and significant one is definitely caffeine. Caffeine is metabolized chiefly by liver enzyme CYP-1A2 and is a pretty strong inhibitor of it. CYP-1A2 is unfortunately also the chief metabolic enzyme for estradiol. CYP-3A4 is the chief metabolic enzyme for testosterone.

Now, usually there is no reason to think twice about liver interactions. However, many of us drink 2 tablespoons instant coffee with milk, 2 or 3 times a day, and soda, for at least some 0.7 grams of caffeine a day. Correct me, but that means we are displacing some 0.35grams of estrogen from degradation (more or less depending on affinity to the CYP enzymes). Drinking just 2-3 cups coffee every day is not much different than taking a full month of women's contraceptives. And what is really upsetting is that liver enzymes do not rapidly upregulate- they do, but extremely slowly if at all.

I may try this when I'm older: Abstain from coffee and caffeine for a month, and go to some doctor to get a blood test of my estrogen levels, testosterone levels, cortisol levels, cholesterol, etc.. Then for a month I will drink instant coffee like twice a day and maybe a grande starbucks mocha like once a day, and after the month take the same blood test and see if estrogen levels are elevated.

Coffee is known for increasing estrogen dramatically in women, I am sure that this is by the CYP mechanism I am talking about and would be equivalent in men.

It
It lowers it it increase dht and increase your androgzn receptors also it also like minimaly mimick serm effect the only reason it may infrease your estrogen is it might increase your cortisol too mush thats why i reccomend takibg it with either a cortisol blocking herb like ashwaganda or L theanine

U

It lowers it it increase dht and increase your androgzn receptors also it also like minimaly mimick serm effect the only reason it may infrease your estrogen is it might increase your cortisol too mush thats why i reccomend takibg it with either a cortisol blocking herb like ashwaganda or L theanine
lol I started yesteday with taking L theanine and coffein together

• +1
Reactions: Rhino LeFort and 20/04/2008
No dont worry about it

If theres no more than 200mg caffeine