Does creatine really accelerate hair loss?

Gargantuan

Gargantuan

Mod
Staff
Context: I'm prone to male pattern baldness and I'm NW2 rn, I have been for some time now, tbh.
I used to use creatine after working out but after watching some videos on YouTube that published studies claiming creatine could elevate DHT-levels, thus possibly accelerating hair loss, I stopped using it.

Do you think I made the right choice by quitting creatine or am I exaggerating about the potential risks?

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13511
Yes, it does accelerate hairloss.

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and Deleted member 2621
Supposedly, I for one can’t afford to take that risk

• +1
Reactions: Aero, Deleted member 6400, Deleted member 7173 and 2 others
It also makes you lean and nukes all bloat.

But yh hairloss is a potential side

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
It also makes you lean and nukes all bloat.

But yh hairloss is a potential side
Not worth it to hop on creatine again in that case since I'm already quite lean but also nw2.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621
Not worth it to hop on creatine again in that case since I'm already quite lean but also nw2.
get potassium supplements and dandelion extract

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Incoming, Gargantuan and Deleted member 1849
  • +1
Reactions: Incoming and Deleted member 2621
get potassium supplements and dandelion extract
Nice, what are its major/main benefits? High chance I'll end up adding both to my current supplement stack.

Never heard of that tbh and I don’t see how it would

I don't think creatine is what causes hairloss but rather the extra DHT production in your body- if you're sensitive to DHT you will go bald anyway lol.

So if you're prone to hair loss with being sensitive to DHT yes creatine can accelerate it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, middayshowers, Gargantuan and 1 other person
Never heard of that tbh and I don’t see how it would
it raises dht so can accelerate mpb

The researchers found that creatine may increase the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is believed to be the hormone behind male pattern baldness in men genetically predisposed to hair loss. What this study did not do is prove creatine can cause hair loss, or even link the two.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621 and Gargantuan
Just shave it and grow a beard bro ;)

• So Sad
Nice, what are its major/main benefits? High chance I'll end up adding both to my current supplement stack.
they are for lean face bro

• Love it
it raises dht so can accelerate mpb

The researchers found that creatine may increase the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is believed to be the hormone behind male pattern baldness in men genetically predisposed to hair loss. What this study did not do is prove creatine can cause hair loss, or even link the two.
Nothing new but any increase in DHT would be so small that it’s negligible imo

Get L carnitine not creatine for androgens

• +1
No

I took creatine to help with strength for 2 years

It DOES if you are predisposed to going bald. All it then does is accelerate the process

So in other words, if you are set to go bald at 45 without creatine, it will fast-track you.

If your father and grandfather aren't bald or only started receding in their late 50s, then you're ok

• +1
Reactions: prgfromnl and Gargantuan
No, but if you go bald a short time after using it you were gonna start balding very soon anyway.

No

I took creatine to help with strength for 2 years

It DOES if you are predisposed to going bald. All it then does is accelerate the process

So in other words, if you are set to go bald at 45 without creatine, it will fast-track you.

If your father and grandfather aren't bald or only started receding in their late 50s, then you're ok
what if my father is almost bald at 40 and my grand father on mother side was 60 and nw1?

what if my father is almost bald at 40 and my grand father on mother side was 60 and nw1?

Then you need to find other ways of getting creatine that doesn't involve supplementation, because you're running a massive risk then. It is proven that it can fast-track you, if you are predisposed to going bald early. Is your hair thick or thin? Mine is thick. So I was ok.

You can get creatine from sources of red-meat, it's just not convenient.

just lol at the beta genes cant even take creatine without going bald.

Why should it? You got it in your Body, you are just giving your body more to work with

• +1
Reactions: System Restore
Does creatine really accelerate hair loss?

if anyone is still looking for the answer yes

YES IT DOES

YES Y-E-S HAIR = GONE FASTER

HOPEFULLY THAT CLEARS THAT UP.

Then you need to find other ways of getting creatine that doesn't involve supplementation, because you're running a massive risk then. It is proven that it can fast-track you, if you are predisposed to going bald early. Is your hair thick or thin? Mine is thick. So I was ok.

You can get creatine from sources of red-meat, it's just not convenient.
my hair is thick too

Makes me store way too much water

• +1
my hair is thick too

50fa48b185dbc63a49467571fad2ee9e

• +1
Reactions: prgfromnl
I could be wrong but:

It mostly depends how sensitive you are to DHT and how prone to balding you are.

• +1