Does detention actually exist

M

Mealworm

Banned
Is it just a movie trope, or do schools not actually have a detention classroom where everyone sits together, serving detention and finishing up their homework for the day

• JFL
Reactions: Gonthar
It seems to be real in US.

Americans, answer

Staying at home yes

yeah

usually we’d just sit in a room where a teacher for that week would have extra duty to watch us after school lol

it’s usually chill but depends on the teacher

atleast that’s how it was back when i was in high school in the late 90s. maybe it’s changed

i used to go because i would skip school or get into fights

good times

yeah

usually we’d just sit in a room where a teacher for that week would have extra duty to watch us after school lol

it’s usually chill but depends on the teacher

atleast that’s how it was back when i was in high school in the late 90s. maybe it’s changed

i used to go because i would skip school or get into fights

good times
After school??

Is it just a movie trope, or do schools not actually have a detention classroom where everyone sits together, serving detention and finishing up their homework for the day
yes it’s real, but usually there isn’t more than 4 ppl in it (unless ur schools larger)

more often than not we have “thursday” school or “friday” school which is where you have a 3 hr detention afterschool

ive been to 15 american schools and 5 of them highschools so

After school??
yea it’s after school

regular detention is afterschool, and there’s in school suspension but that’s only for the serious offenses like fighting. kinda like solitary confinement lmao

• +1
Reactions: Mealworm
yes it’s real, but usually there isn’t more than 4 ppl in it (unless ur schools larger)

more often than not we have “thursday” school or “friday” school which is where you have a 3 hr detention afterschool

ive been to 15 american schools and 5 of them highschools so
What do you do in that 3 hour window

yea it’s after school

regular detention is afterschool, and there’s in school suspension but that’s only for the serious offenses like fighting. kinda like solitary confinement lmao
Damn, cartoons lied to me

In the UK we have detention, only in secondary schools though. I used to get them for some bullshit like forgetting my PE kit

What do you do in that 3 hour window
whatever work you have, sometimes homework, sometimes the teacher is a real bitch and looks up what work you’re missing and enforces you do it, sometimes nothing, but they’re strict about no phones