Does downgrafting the maxilla lenghten the philtrum?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
Yeah

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
So what can you do if you have a tall philtrum and a short lower jaw
Ccw bimax can lift up the philtrum a little bit if you have accompanying biretrusion
Then you can just do a vertical genio

• +1
Reactions: UrGirlsMcm, Neroem and Lonenely sigma
Ccw bimax can lift up the philtrum a little bit if you have accompanying biretrusion
Then you can just do a vertical genio
I have a gonial angle of around ~110° and I wish it would be higher. I actually wish my lower jaw was facing downwards more.

I also have a deep bite but when I keep my teeth separated its kinda decent height but I still wish to increase it and make my jaw more V-shaped as opposed to squared.

It would be a very straight-foward process if it wasn't for my long philtrum. I still wish to have a much taller lower jaw but increasing philtrum by even 3mm would look very bad on me.

And as for the genio, its kinda limited too bc doing too much would give me a mentalis strain

• +1
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature
no

and what sort of downgraft?

just look at this massive downward movement of the maxilla:

yeah, it lengthened his philtrum slightly, but not because it stretched it downward. it was the forward movement of the maxilla, so now the length of his philtrum is going down rather than back

• +1
Reactions: UrGirlsMcm, Neroem and Lonenely sigma
no

and what sort of downgraft?

just look at this massive downward movement of the maxilla:

yeah, it lengthened his philtrum slightly, but not because it stretched it downward. it was the forward movement of the maxilla, so now the length of his philtrum is going down rather than back

Thanks. I've actually seen many results of people getting downgrafts and I just can't understand how come mandible appears taller while no part of the maxilla visibly lenghtens

Where does that extra lenght to the maxilla go then? If it really does go to the philtrum how come it changes so little while your mandible becomes like 80% taller?

Last edited:
Thanks. I've actually seen many results of people getting downgrafts and I just can't understand how come mandible appears taller while no part of the maxilla visibly lenghtens

Where does that extra lenght to the maxilla go then? If it really does go to the philtrum how come it changes so little while your mandible becomes like 80% taller?
pull your upper lip. the philtrum is barely attached to anything. it's almost like a flap, so why would shifting the underlying skeleton stretch it? if it were attached to your teeth it would stretch, but it's not

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma and PrimoMaxxer

It's just the lower third getting longer right? Just fixes their subhuman total fwhr.

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: PrimoMaxxer
I suppose so, thats what I am asking
Yeah pretty sure lefort cant change midface length. Only things possible is cheekbone shaving or slight cheekbone augementation with filler or implants I think

• +1
Yeah pretty sure lefort cant change midface length. Only things possible is cheekbone shaving or slight cheekbone augementation with filler or implants I think
In either case thats good news. I want a taller lower jaw but I can't afford getting my philtrum much longer.

In either case thats good news. I want a taller lower jaw but I can't afford getting my philtrum much longer.
Same, vertical genioplasty will fix my chin to philtrum, facial thirds and total fwhr.

• +1
Same, vertical genioplasty will fix my chin to philtrum, facial thirds and total fwhr.
Be careful tho bc it can give you mentalis strain

Be careful tho bc it can give you mentalis strain
Yeah I will discuss with my surgeon. If I can't get sufficient vertical height from genio I will just get a chin implant or filler ontop

• +1