Does exercise have any effect on puberty?

Rainman988

Rainman988

Silver
I've started doing exercises that boost testosterone and also HGH. I've been looking online to see what effect exercise can have on you during puberty with mixed answers.

Some people say that exercise is the reason for people nowadays having low t and it can make you taller. Others say the hormones produced only affect your muscles.

Does exercise have any effect on facial development or height during puberty?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Growth Plate and Deleted member 11479
Mostly anectodal so I would say no, it's mostly genetics.

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate and spark
It can have an effect on your development, everything you do in puberty will.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 15099, AscendingHero and 3 others
Increasing muscle mass is the main benefit I think. But I don't really know whether it helps grow bones such as clavicles or make your overall testosterone levels higher, but I think it's false and it will make the same effect as in the adulthood. And regular exercise actually decreases testosterone.

For me personally I became relatively wider after started exercising, but I don't know whether it's mostly clavicles or muscles

• +1
Reactions: spark
Increasing muscle mass is the main benefit I think. But I don't really know whether it helps grow bones such as clavicles or make your overall testosterone levels higher, but I think it's false and it will make the same effect as in the adulthood. And regular exercise actually decreases testosterone.

For me personally I became relatively wider after started exercising, but I don't know whether it's mostly clavicles or muscles
So should I cut down on my exercise if it lowers t?

Before Puberty and during. Diet, lifestyle, body composition, and environment all affect development

• +1
Reactions: Rainman988
going to the gym definitely raises T and its definitely healthy for body and mind you have nothing to lose and everything to gain

• +1
I've started doing exercises that boost testosterone and also HGH. I've been looking online to see what effect exercise can have on you during puberty with mixed answers.

Some people say that exercise is the reason for people nowadays having low t and it can make you taller. Others say the hormones produced only affect your muscles.

Yes, of course the exercise will promote your growth (frame and height) but it also varies according to the individual and if their puberty is about to end or if it is just beginning. but do not think that exercise is going to give you miracles, it is a slight improvement of your genetic potential.

• +1
So should I cut down on my exercise if it lowers t?
It lowers t if you overtrain, for example if you're a professional athlete. Professionals usually have very low T levels chronically. And those "T rising compound exercies" actually decrease T long-term, testosterone is released after such exercises trying to restore muscle tissue and normal condition, but it doesn't have any anabolic effect since this rise is very low and temporary. If you test your T levels the next day, it'll probably be even lower than before exercise.
I worked out doing all those exercises in excessive amounts such as deadlifts and squats and began overtraining. Now I don't do them and do the exercises I want to and progress in them faster. I think you shouldn't listen to those bloggers who tell you to "RISE TESTOSTERONE BY SQUATS" if you're not a professional powerlifters. Listen to your body, don't rape yourself, because it decreases your testosterone

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479 and Rainman988
bro ofc exercise affects your development into/during puberty.
Look at the people who have been very active and played sports where they pushed their bodies and those who did not.
You want to naturally keep your testosterone as high as naturally possible before and during puberty.
It will increase facial hair, penis size, frame, facial bones, alpha mentality and much more.
If you're mid/end of puberty it is too late.

• +1
its cope tbh, I ate fast food everyday and my frame is still wide big boned etc

It lowers t if you overtrain, for example if you're a professional athlete. Professionals usually have very low T levels chronically. And those "T rising compound exercies" actually decrease T long-term, testosterone is released after such exercises trying to restore muscle tissue and normal condition, but it doesn't have any anabolic effect since this rise is very low and temporary. If you test your T levels the next day, it'll probably be even lower than before exercise.
I worked out doing all those exercises in excessive amounts such as deadlifts and squats and began overtraining. Now I don't do them and do the exercises I want to and progress in them faster. I think you shouldn't listen to those bloggers who tell you to "RISE TESTOSTERONE BY SQUATS" if you're not a professional powerlifters. Listen to your body, don't rape yourself, because it decreases your testosterone
What exercises do you recommend then

What exercises do you recommend then
The exercises that you like doing and that don't make you tired and don't make you feel not wanting to do them

• Love it
Yes. Cardio will stunt your growth.

eat a fuck ton. very low PUFA ( less than 15> grams per day is okay, 10> grams a day is ideal, ~3> grams for 4 years: you are immune to cancer)
sleep enough each day
do it briefly, do it only if you enjoy it
mostly walking is good tbh, niggas gonna go to the gym but not walk cage

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11479 and Rainman988
not a single red name on this thread. oh fuck

• JFL
Reactions: Growth Plate
Seriously? What about nba players and sprinters
sprinting is anaerobic. look at distance runners: short asf.

nba players are tall because the sport selects for height. also, read somewhere that the micro fractures in the shins caused by jumping could lead to height increase over time similarly to how leg lengthening surgery works.

from my observation: all the try hard kids at sports that worked their ass off (usually because their parents pushed them) ended up getting mogged in the end by lazy kids who ate a bunch and barely tried but allowed their bodies to grow properly.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Rainman988
sprinting is anaerobic. look at distance runners: short asf.

nba players are tall because the sport selects for height. also, read somewhere that the micro fractures in the shins caused by jumping could lead to height increase over time similarly to how leg lengthening surgery works.
I meant short distance sprinters like Usian bolt(6'4). Also read somewhere the average short distance sprinter is like 5'11.

I meant short distance sprinters like Usian bolt(6'4). Also read somewhere the average short distance sprinter is like 5'11.
Yes that's what I'm saying. short distance sprinting isn't cardio jfl. it's an explosive exercise.

• +1
increase cortisol and fuck u up

If I didnt start caslisthenics and high intesity cardio at 15 I think I woud be shorter and smaller frame

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892
If I didnt start caslisthenics and high intesity cardio at 15 I think I woud be shorter and smaller frame
How much did you grow. Also did you get facial gains

It can have an effect on your development, everything you do in puberty will.
lol i played 24/7 rust and fortnite and ate like 4,5k kcals a day :lul:

• JFL
What was your workout
Weighted push ups with weights on backpack and weighted pull/chin ups with a dumbbell between legs plus lateral raises, for legs pushing a pellet with weights on, lunges with weights on backpack and single leg hip thrust. Cardio was sprinting, jumping, burpees.

• +1
from my observation: all the try hard kids at sports that worked their ass off (usually because their parents pushed them) ended up getting mogged in the end by lazy kids who ate a bunch and barely tried but allowed their bodies to grow properly.
This doesn’t mean cardio stunts your growth, just means you need to avoid severe caloric deficit (ex: wrestlers are short because they are constantly cutting weight, long distance runners are avg height because they are just lean)

• +1
Reactions: thisisasupersaiyan and Rainman988
This doesn’t mean cardio stunts your growth, just means you need to avoid severe caloric deficit (ex: wrestlers are short because they are constantly cutting weight, long distance runners are avg height because they are just lean)
this is true

excersise has an effect on any person regardless of puberty or not

Yes it does. Make sure to get slot of sleep and play sports, those are easy natural looksmaxes

• +1