Does facepulling cause an overjet?

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Wise old Aboriginal
I've got most of the materials I need, but unless I'm sure I'm not gonna fuck up my bite, I might just send them back.

Facepulling is only really done on people with an underbite, and the maxilla moves forward but the mandible doesn't. Also if the mandible follows the maxilla, how do underbites and overbites even occur (when the bones are normal sized)?

I'm scared I'll just end up with an overjet and fuck my face up by facepulling.
Screenshot 20200620 094135 Chrome

Thoughts? @nelson @retard

Facepulling is meme. Show me evidence

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 6892 and deer
No it doesn't. It's supposed to just expand the maxilla and if you have a regular bite, the mandible should expand along with the maxilla if you keep the normal bite posture. I highly recommend you don't do it though unless it is between facepulling and roping. It will cause imbalances in your face and make you look uglier.

• +1
Reactions: Htobrother
obviously you get overjet from it, thats the point. You get mandible jaw surgery AFTER facepulling.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: FutureMogger, Luke LLL and goat2x
obviously you get overjet from it, thats the point. You get mandible jaw surgery AFTER facepulling.
I dont think that's the point. The point is to simulate mewing, in which the mandible is meant to follow the maxilla

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32529
haven't heard of it and can't imagine how though nelson has a pretty bad overjet. facepulling should be done on anyone and everyone with a recessed maxilla

haven't heard of it and can't imagine how though nelson has a pretty bad overjet. facepulling should be done on anyone and everyone with a recessed maxilla
Yeah but the maxilla and mandible aren't actually connected. So if the maxilla moves, there's no reason for the mandible to move I don't think. People's mandible body might be too short as well so when maxilla moved forward overjet is created

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 32529, Deleted member 5746 and Htobrother
Yeah but the maxilla and mandible aren't actually connected. So if the maxilla moves, there's no reason for the mandible to move I don't think. People's mandible body might be too short as well so when maxilla moved forward overjet is created
Are you stupid gaycel? , it the maxilla shifts place or moves even 1mm the mandible has nowhere to go and follows it if the maxilla is shortened it rotates CCW

it moves to maintain occlusion because you're not just facepulling, you're also chewing hard I hope. also the mandible can easily match any rotation

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
it moves to maintain occlusion because you're not just facepulling, you're also chewing hard I hope
If you moved your front incisors 1mm ,mandible shifts forwards , just do an experiment jut your mandible forward beyond your front theeth ,
The mandible is very flexible without the maxilla

If you moved your front incisors 1mm ,mandible shifts forwards , just do an experiment jut your mandible forward beyond your front theeth ,
The mandible is very flexible without the maxilla
That's jutting and is bad for the jaw joint, that's not sustainable nor is it the mandible naturally moving forward

If you keep your upper jaw and lower jaw in conatct at all times, as in your molars in light contact, then your mandible should follow

it moves to maintain occlusion because you're not just facepulling, you're also chewing hard I hope. also the mandible can easily match any rotation
Then why tf do overbites and overjets exist?

yeah it can rotate and slide as well afaik. in fact tmj problems often stem from a recessed maxilla causing a set back mandible grinding on the joint. it feels good to jut forward in fact. but if he's maintaining occlusion he can't go wrong

That's jutting and is bad for the jaw joint, that's not sustainable nor is it the mandible naturally moving forward
Gaycel I didn’t say you show do it it’s almost useless to jut , I’m saying if Maxilla expands or changes it’s places the mandible changes it places too
And even expands and remodels

Gaycel because everyone who has Overjet and overbite IN FACT THEIR MAXILLA IS TOO FAR BACK AND DOWN , BRING THE WHOLE FACE UP AND OVERJET IS GONE

• +1
Reactions: Wifeontheground
Gaycel I didn’t say you show do it it’s almost useless to jut , I’m saying if Maxilla expands or changes it’s places the mandible changes it places too
And even expands and remodels
scientist hto, love you bro

• +1
Gaycel because everyone who has Overjet and overbite IN FACT THEIR MAXILLA IS TOO FAR BACK AND DOWN , BRING THE WHOLE FACE UP AND OVERJET IS GONE
That makes no sense, if maxilla is down, the teeth would still be in occlusion, just both jaws would be recessed. That's my case I think

• JFL
That makes no sense, if maxilla is down, the teeth would still be in occlusion, just both jaws would be recessed. That's my case I think
The theeth are in occlusion but the mandible has no place where to go and happens to stay step , and notice EVERYONE WITH CLASS 2 div 1/2 has flat Midface usually or Bad undereyesupport
Usually both jaws are recessed
They have weak chin short mandible
But it only looks like that to you that his maxilla is too pronounced

The theeth are in occlusion but the mandible has no place where to go and happens to stay step , and notice EVERYONE WITH CLASS 2 div 1/2 has flat Midface usually or Bad undereyesupport
Usually both jaws are recessed
They have weak chin short mandible
But it only looks like that to you that his maxilla is too pronounced
Yes, but according to you the mandible stays in occlusion with the maxilla. Therefore, they could be recessed but should never have an overbite

overbites are an easy way to get some occlusion with a narrow as fuck palate, crowded bottom incisors and overjetted top incisors. otherwise the kid would just have a crossbite or move the mandible forward and establish occlusion there resulting in an underbite which are even worse(though not in the sense that orthodontists facepull them while they extract people with overbites like the retards they are). overjets, overbites, narrow palates and crowded teeth all come together as a nice bundle of inceldom

if you make sure to keep your teeth together, than the force on your maxilla will be exerted on your mandible too

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel and optimisticzoomer
Here's what an orthodontist/orthotropist had to say:
20200620 120614

Here's what another said:
20200620 120906

View attachment 466998
This kid used a facepuller, and his jaw also came forward, so it is possible
Yeah but his photos are heavily influenced by the focal point of the photo. Pic on the left is higher up and pic on the right is lower down. I don't trust that forwardontics shit, because this is one of their transformation photos:
Screenshot 20200620 133138 Chrome

It's so clear it's photoshopped. The photo is the exact same with the exact same hair placement and shirt

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Yeah but his photos are heavily influenced by the focal point of the photo. Pic on the left is higher up and pic on the right is lower down. I don't trust that forwardontics shit, because this is one of their transformation photos:
View attachment 467003
It's so clear it's photoshopped. The photo is the exact same with the exact same hair placement and shirt
LOOOL thats defo photoshopped jfl tbh, but the one i posted there are other pics of him and he looks pretty good in terms of foward growth and it isn't photoshopped, you can tell his forward growth improved even though he didn't have optimal conditions. Even if the angle is different you can't deny his massive improvement in craniofacial development

But its well established even amongst mainstream orthodontics, that keeping the teeth in contact will ensure change to your mandible

LOOOL thats defo photoshopped jfl tbh, but the one i posted there are other pics of him and he looks pretty good in terms of foward growth and it isn't photoshopped, you can tell his forward growth improved even though he didn't pull from the best angle. Even if the angle is different you can't deny his massive improvement in craniofacial development

Buts it well established even amongst mainstream orthodonics that keeping the teeth in contact will ensure change to your mandible
Yeah I'm hoping so

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
Look bro I made a tutorial on how to tell if you are able to facepull or not.

Yeah but who says the mandible would follow? And manually jutting is bad for ur jaw joints I'm pretty sure. It would also make ur ramus positioned way too far forward. Also surely that way would mean a perfectly developed person wouldn't be able to jut their jaw, cos they couldn't get more forward growth

Yeah but who says the mandible would follow? And manually jutting is bad for ur jaw joints I'm pretty sure. It would also make ur ramus positioned way too far forward. Also surely that way would mean a perfectly developed person wouldn't be able to jut their jaw, cos they couldn't get more forward growth
Basically the mandible will follow a few mm which is good maybe more.

Basically the mandible will follow a few mm which is good maybe more.
Where's the evidence for this though? I'd like to believe this but I dont know how overjets exist then

Where's the evidence for this though? I'd like to believe this but I dont know how overjets exist then
It’s common sense bro. If you don’t have an overjet already then you won’t get one from this trust

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
It’s common sense bro. If you don’t have an overjet already then you won’t get one from this trust
Aight I'll just try it and if I have to stop and it's a waste of money oh well

View attachment 467003
No it's not.

The problem with facepulling is I'm scared of the asymmetry it might cause.