Does finasteride help with acne?

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
I’ve been looking into it. My acne is caused by just too much sebum production. My skin is super super super oily and my hair is incredibly oily too.

It’s just naturally like this. Like accutane suppressed it then when I came off it came back. How can I suppress sebum production without accutane? Will finasteride lower the amount of sebum my skin produces?

Fuck me man.

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel and SOS-Sonic
From my personal experience, it helped with the whiteheads (white bumps) but not the red inflammatory acne.

• +1
Reactions: Stare
From my personal experience, it helped with the whiteheads (white bumps) but not the red inflammatory acne.
Interesting. Is your skin any less oily though? My hair especially just gets so so so fucking greasy after just a short amount of time.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
Interesting. Is your skin any less oily though? My hair especially just gets so so so fucking greasy after just a short amount of time.
100% it definitely got less oily which is likely due to the reduction the devil hormone DHT. But keep in mind I started retin A at the exact same time so that may have contributed to it as well.

• +1
Reactions: Stare and volcelfatcel
i don't know i do not even have acne but i do not noticed less pimples in 2 years of fin + duta... they appear every now and then as always

100% it definitely got less oily which is likely due to the reduction the devil hormone DHT. But keep in mind I started retin A at the exact same time so that may have contributed to it as well.
Dht isn't a devil hormone per say its the one responsible to increase dick size. Its just the many side effects of being a man. Testosterone is the singular most cucked hormone in existence, if you are sensitive to it in the wrong areas ur fucked for life, meanwhile women have it easier with hormones than men.

Our hormone requires us to be active, well fed and not have estrogen in our food (basically impossible nowadays unless you wanna go hunt out in the wild) having to be active in the gym, taking the right nutrients etc. Estrogen is literally sit on ur ass and do nothing jfl.

• +1
Dht isn't a devil hormone per say its the one responsible to increase dick size. Its just the many side effects of being a man. Testosterone is the singular most cucked hormone in existence, if you are sensitive to it in the wrong areas ur fucked for life, meanwhile women have it easier with hormones than men.

Our hormone requires us to be active, well fed and not have estrogen in our food (basically impossible nowadays unless you wanna go hunt out in the wild) having to be active in the gym, taking the right nutrients etc. Estrogen is literally sit on ur ass and do nothing jfl.
Should have clarified, I meant after puberty.

You bring some good points in the end.

• +1
Reactions: Stare and volcelfatcel
I started retin A recently as well. How greatly did retin A work for you? Has it greatly reduced the amount of acne you have? It’s a big problem for me right now.

• +1
I started retin A recently as well. How greatly did retin A work for you? Has it greatly reduced the amount of acne you have? It’s a big problem for me right now.
By 50-70% give or take. It took a few months to see results.

• +1
Reactions: Stare