Does IQ matter?

noka

noka

Silver
As we all know, certain facial features in men are more attractive to women because men with these traits are more likely to survive and produce healthier offspring. However, IQ is also a trait that increases the chances of survival. So, I believe that men with high IQs, even if they have average looks, can still date women who are more attractive than they are.

If anyone disagrees, I’m open to hearing your thoughts and having a respectful debate.

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and dphlover
iq is relevant obviously but not for relationships, no.

• +1
Reactions: Schizotypalcel
Obviously it matters

iq is relevant obviously but not for relationships, no.
idk man. Stephen Hawking wasn’t attractive at all, yet he became one of the most well known people in history, and even he had a wife.

• +1
Reactions: dphlover
idk man. Stephen Hawking wasn’t attractive at all, yet he became one of the most well known people in history, and even he had a wife.
that doesnt say anything about iq being relevant for relationships

IQ is the most important bro lol ofc it's relevant. Higher isn't always better tho sweet spot just like most other things

• +1
that doesnt say anything about iq being relevant for relationships
As I mentioned, Stephen Hawking had a wife despite not being physically appealing. His intellect played a big role in that.

• Woah
As we all know, certain facial features in men are more attractive to women because men with these traits are more likely to survive and produce healthier offspring. However, IQ is also a trait that increases the chances of survival. So, I believe that men with high IQs, even if they have average looks, can still date women who are more attractive than they are.

If anyone disagrees, I’m open to hearing your thoughts and having a respectful debate.
What matters most is self and social awareness

As I mentioned, Stephen Hawking had a wife despite not being physically appealing. His intellect played a big role in that.
Didn’t he cheat also ? 😂

stepthen hawkins had a wife because its literally stephen hawkins. dude was known world wide. iq is defo irrelevant i'd say maybe only eq would help meaning people like poets or artists who can express emotion in a cool way.

his intellect did not play a big role his status and wealth did

his intellect did not play a big role his status and wealth did
You can look at this from this perpective too ,Stephen Hawking’s status and wealth were a result of his intellect. . Without his mind, he wouldn’t have gained the recognition that led to those things.

You can look at this from this perpective too ,Stephen Hawking’s status and wealth were a result of his intellect. . Without his mind, he wouldn’t have gained the recognition that led to those things.
no one here is gonna be him dude, his fame is 0.001%. even within brilliant people he was an enigma

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: uksucks and iwanttobelikehim
yeah iq can be helpful only if u get status and wealth by it which is rare. iq alone can do shit

• +1
Reactions: uksucks and future slavic chad
Things that come from IQ matter in LTRs e.g career, money (although weakly correlated).

IQ alone doesn't. There are loads of high IQ abused autist rotters whose lives never amount to anything.

• +1
Reactions: N1666
IQ is the most important bro lol ofc it's relevant. Higher isn't always better tho sweet spot just like most other things

110-120 is perfect

• +1
Reactions: uksucks
men with these traits are more likely to survive and produce healthier offspring.
You're already starting from an autistic premise

Women are attracted to features that they think will look good on their offspring. :feelswhy:

You're already starting from an autistic premise

Women are attracted to features that they think will look good on their offspring. :feelswhy:
That's part of why women are attracted to certain features, but the main evolutionary reason they prefer more attractive men is to ensure their offspring have a higher survival rate. That remains the most important factor.

no one here is gonna be him dude, his fame is 0.001%. even within brilliant people he was an enigma
Almost all men with an IQ over 120 became famous in some way. You have to be extremely smart to pull off Stephen Hawking’s looks.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Prince of Pakistan and uksucks
Things that come from IQ matter in LTRs e.g career, money (although weakly correlated).

IQ alone doesn't. There are loads of high IQ abused autist rotters whose lives never amount to anything.
IQ is strongly correlated with success. Whoever told you otherwise just wants you to fail.

• +1
Reactions: Prince of Pakistan and noka
sorry 120IQ+
how tf would you know this? youre just pulling it out of your ass. i guarantee atleast half of very high iq people are not famous nor rich just going by logical statistical conclusion. anyway there would be no way to know this

• +1
Reactions: uksucks
IQ is strongly correlated with success. Whoever told you otherwise just wants you to fail.
Depends what you mean by success. Getting a PhD yeh
If you mean net worth then no it is weakly positively correlated.
Watch the veritasium video on it, the graph there proves it.

Last edited:
how tf would you know this? youre just pulling it out of your ass. i guarantee atleast half of very high iq people are not famous nor rich just going by logical statistical conclusion. anyway there would be no way to know this
ive changed thing a little this way its more correct, the 120+ IQ massage

ive changed thing a little this way its more correct, the 120+ IQ massage
i know its 120+, anyway iq on its own doesnt matter youre adding success now.

Yeh he's wrong

The ability or likelihood for one to become a self made success is positively correlated with higher iq. It's common sense. How could that not be the case? Just think a little bro. How slow can you be?

The ability for one to become a self made success is correlated. It's common sense. How could that not be the case? Just think a little bro. How slow can you be?
Maybe go look up what weakly correlated means jfl

Maybe go look up what weakly correlated means jfl
Retard reread the message. You're a dumbass and won't be successful. Ugly and stupid, unfortunate

Fuck no, iq makes u overthink turning u into a sperg in social situations. Many geniuses have died virgin: Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton

• +1
Reactions: uksucks and future slavic chad
If you are smart you can do lots of creative things if you have looks and both iq

your life will be more fun

• +1
Reactions: noka
Fuck no, iq makes u overthink turning u into a sperg in social situations. Many geniuses have died virgin: Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton

lmao idiocracy is such a funny example made me laugh, good point tbh but here i was asking is IQ importand for dating

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing
lmao idiocracy is such a funny example made me laugh, good point tbh but here i was asking is IQ importand for dating
Being intelligent is obv a positive trait and would help in a relo sure. You’d be able to read how ur partner is feeling or if ur searching you’d know if someone is into u or not. Someone who’s dumber and ignorant wouldn’t, hence they’d waste time pursuing someone or make situations with partner worse

iq is jew cope just be handsome

• +1
Reactions: try2beme

No

ur a strange guy, i give good explenetions while u answer with 2 words max.
Its about who you know, not what you know. Hope that response satisfies you

• Hmm...
Reactions: noka
That's part of why women are attracted to certain features, but the main evolutionary reason they prefer more attractive men is to ensure their offspring have a higher survival rate. That remains the most important factor.

you can't apply "evolutionary reasoning" from an era where you could have been dismembered by the first stronger male that comes around to this era where you have an entire state apparatus to protect you if someone calls you a faggot

sure, our brains develop slower than tech and society and still have those primordial instincts, but these only control legit retarded people in modern times

• +1
Reactions: Harold O'brien
Watch the veritasium video on it, the graph there proves it.

solid iq guarantees getting educated, and that's by far the safest way to become financially stable today.

unless you believe thousands of those "instagram millionaires" are all actually millionaires and beg nobodies to subscribe to their channels and buy their bs courses out of altruism.

since i work as a lawyer, i can also tell you most of those "super-successful" startups you see paid articles about in the media are just tryhard scammers that go bankrupt a couple of months after managing to attract initial investments from guys so rich they can throw hundreds of thousands around without even noticing

Last edited: