does jaw clicking really mean that u 100% have a tmj disorder

child__

child__

LTN
My jaw used to click and hurt everytime I opened my mouth (left side when I partially opened it and right side when I fully opened it). And I always used to force my teeth to be touching fully and used to clench just as a habit. Recently I tried just keeping my mouth very slightly open, so my masseters could be always relaxed. The first week of doing it my jaw hurt and my bite felt very unnatural like my teeth were shifting or some shit :lul: It has now calmed down, and recently my jaw stopped clicking. 100% NOTHING. I also took oral glucosamine that "helps tmj" but I only started using it recently so I doubt it worked that quickly.

so idk if the clicking was a tmj disorder and if constantly having my mouth closed interfered with facial development or not (my jaw also seems to be more narrow and ideal now because it's not wider than my cheekbones anymore)

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Solution
NZb6Air
My jaw used to click and hurt everytime I opened my mouth (left side when I partially opened it and right side when I fully opened it). And I always used to force my teeth to be touching fully and used to clench just as a habit. Recently I tried just keeping my mouth very slightly open, so my masseters could be always relaxed. The first week of doing it my jaw hurt and my bite felt very unnatural like my teeth were shifting or some shit :lul: It has now calmed down, and recently my jaw stopped clicking. 100% NOTHING. I also took oral glucosamine that "helps tmj" but I only started using it recently so I doubt it worked that quickly.

so idk if the clicking was a tmj disorder and if constantly having my mouth closed interfered with...
I used to have TMJ-like symptoms too. Not sure why they went away or why I had them in the first place as well

• +1
Reactions: child__

so idk if the clicking was a tmj disorder and if constantly having my mouth closed interfered with facial development or not (my jaw also seems to be more narrow and ideal now because it's not wider than my cheekbones anymore)
every click is potential damage, you get tmj disorder when u wear out all the cartilage

• +1
Reactions: child__
Solution