Does lifting weights/going to the gym stunt height growth?

RealUsername

RealUsername

Iron
I'm currently 5'9 (176 cm) at 13 years old, and I've been interested in going to the gym and lifting weights.
But I'm scared that it'll stunt my growth.
Does it?

no aslong as u dont injure urself

no but avoid squats or deadlifts because if you injure yourself it will

Oh, OK. But also, is there a way to estimate my end height?

It will probably boost it.

Try to lean bulk (max 200 calories extra per day) & eat a high protein diet for the next 5 years. You will grow lots of muscle, and also maximize your height (everything else this forum cares about too).

If you are fat (skinny fat, no abs etc), eat at maintenance instead. I don't think its ever worth it to be on a deficit before you finish puberty, unless you are properly obese.

This is the only point in time where you have the ability to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Try not to get too fat. Try to remain lean, And cut when/if you reach 18 / get fat.

Last edited:
Oh, OK. But also, is there a way to estimate my end height?
No. Too many variables. How tall are your parents? Ethnicity? Diet (eat lots of protein)? How tall are you relative to your peers? How did your father grow (I know a guy who comes from a family where all the men go from 5"7 to 6"2 between 17-20) etc.

A guess: You will probably reach atleast 5"11-6".

No. Too many variables. How tall are your parents? Ethnicity? Diet (eat lots of protein)? How tall are you relative to your peers? How did your father grow (I know a guy who comes from a family where all the men go from 5"7 to 6"2 between 17-20) etc.

A guess: You will probably reach atleast 5"11-6".
My dad is 5'8, mom is 5'2, I'm kurdish. I do eat a lot protein, I eat lots of chicken, and meat in general.

My dad is 5'8, mom is 5'2, I'm kurdish. I do eat a lot protein, I eat lots of chicken, and meat in general.
Also I was 5'3 at 11, 5'6 starring 12, 5'8 finishing 12, and currently 5'9 (176 cm close 177 cm) at 13

I'm currently 5'9 (176 cm) at 13 years old, and I've been interested in going to the gym and lifting weights.
But I'm scared that it'll stunt my growth.
Does it?
interested for what

who bullied u 😢

I used to get bullied, but not because I'm fat, but rather because I'm

I was 5'8 at 12, and now I'm close to 5'10 at 13, are you sure I'll stop growing? I hit puberty like a few months before I turned 13.
Dont go to the gym, but eat healthy and dont be fat and sleep