Does low doses of Accutane affect height growth?

notchicolachowski

notchicolachowski

Iron
I've been on Accutane for 4 months now and have been taking 30mg for the past 2 months first month i was on 10mg then 20mg then 30mg and been on 30mg since then and I'm 17 and still want to grow taller but am afraid that it might affect my growth.

I've been on Accutane for 4 months now and have been taking 30mg for the past 2 months first month i was on 10mg then 20mg then 30mg and been on 30mg since then and I'm 17 and still want to grow taller but am afraid that it might affect my growth.
accutane doesnt stunt growth at all, the most it can do is lower hgh and igf-1 by a little and this only slows down growth but it doesnt reduce those by enough to have a significant effect. you will still be your predetermined height

• +1
Reactions: notchicolachowski
accutane doesnt stunt growth at all, the most it can do is lower hgh and igf-1 by a little and this only slows down growth but it doesnt reduce those by enough to have a significant effect. you will still be your predetermined height
source: made it the fuck up

nah srs tho where's source? studies have shown it can stunt growth, please put up a scientific study to back your claim up

source: made it the fuck up

nah srs tho where's source? studies have shown it can stunt growth, please put up a scientific study to back your claim up
there was a post with all sources that said what i said
ill try find it again

• +1
Reactions: asdvek
It does affect igf-1 and hgh levels but why do you even care ur 17 you are not getting any centimeter taller

It actually does affect the growth but its pretty rare tho;

Results: Among 216 patients, high-risk neuroblastoma was diagnosed before age of five years (n = 165), between ages of 5 and 10 years (n = 41), and after 10 years of age (n = 13). Three out of 216 patients developed premature epiphyseal growth arrest after isotretinoin exposure (overall incidence = 1.38%). The incidence of bony abnormalities was significantly higher in patients diagnosed in 5- to 10-year age group than in other two groups (P = 0.014). Literature review identified eight additional patients with neuroblastoma who presented with retinoid associated skeletal abnormalities. The median range of isotretinoin exposure for these 11 patients was between 6.5 and 7.625 years (range, 2-14) with no cases of isotretinoin therapy completion before age 5 years.

Conclusion: Bone toxicity associated with isotretinoin exposure is a concern. Growth plate arrest is a serious adverse effect that is attributable to isotretinoin therapy. Our findings suggest the prepubescent growth plate may be most at risk, and we recommend special attention to this population.

1. Chen SC, Murphy D, Sastry J, Shaikh MG. Predicting, monitoring, and managing hypercalcemia secondary to 13-cis-retinoic acid therapy in children with high-risk neuroblastoma. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2015;37(6):477-481.
    1. Zhao S, Goodson NJ. Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis and isotretinoin in cystic acne. BMJ Case Rep. 2015;2015. https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2015-209775.
    1. DiGiovanna JJ, Sollitto RB, Abangan DL, Steinberg SM, Reynolds JC. Osteoporosis is a toxic effect of long-term etretinate therapy. Arch Dermatol. 1995;131(11):1263-1267.
    1. Pease CN. Focal retardation and arrestment of growth of bones due to vitamin A intoxication. JAMA. 1962;182:980-985.
    1. Prendiville J, Bingham EA, Burrows D. Premature epiphyseal closure-a complication of etretinate therapy in children. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1986;15(6):1259-1262.

just do not take accutane before 18 bone age