does massater muscle become smaller on severe caloric deficit

appealmaxed

appealmaxed

get some bitches on yo dick
you lose muscle mass on server calorie defect (upwards of 1500 cal def)
does massater also become smaller?

Maybe u lose muscle when on a cut

@moreroidsmoredates

• +1
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
there wouldnt be a noticeable loss, any muscle loss in the masseters wouldnt be drastic

Maybe u lose muscle when on a cut
yes
but massaters are always being used for eating etc
and have high androgen receptivity so idk if they are effected

• Hmm...
Reactions: n9wiff
there wouldnt be a noticeable loss, any muscle loss in the masseters wouldnt be drastic
even on very severe deficits you think?

would there even be loss since they always being used to eat etc?

i'd have to research it a bit ngl you got me interested
not sure how much you’d find.
i hear massaters have high androgen activity
let me know what you find bro pls

@Allornothing

Explain, because both a severe deficit leads to less usage of the muscle and potential muscle loss in the body overall.

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
Explain, because both a severe deficit leads to less usage of the muscle and potential muscle loss in the body overall.
you could counter act the less use of massagers by chewing i suppose. not to reach hyoertropht but just so that they keep getting activated.

if u want them to shrink why not botox?

massaters according to @Allornothing have high number of androgens if that changes anything

i don’t.
oh mb then.
but if u want to keep them large chewing will be enough, as you are "training" them. if your cut is so aggressive your losing noticable massater size then youd be losing muscle on other parts of the body as well.

• +1
oh mb then.
but if u want to keep them large chewing will be enough, as you are "training" them. if your cut is so aggressive your losing noticable massater size then youd be losing muscle on other parts of the body as well.
so your saying on a very aggressive cut, chewing to keep them activated will prevent any muscle loss to them? and result in no lost size

so your saying on a very aggressive cut, chewing to keep them activated will prevent any muscle loss to them? and result in no lost size
if its a really aggressive cut i dont think you would be able to hold onto 100% of your muscle mass, but reducing overall muscle atrophy will reduce massater atrophy

• +1
if its a really aggressive cut i dont think you would be able to hold onto 100% of your muscle mass,
for body yes, i’d expect to lose some muscle mass, u think same for masstaers

yeah, masseters are muscles
they are slightly different tho i’m pretty sure. most other muscles require a calorie surplus to be built, but massaters since they have high amount of androgens don’t need surplus i’ve heard, although will grow faster in surplus

they are slightly different tho i’m pretty sure. most other muscles require a calorie surplus to be built, but massaters since they have high amount of androgens don’t need surplus i’ve heard, although will grow faster in surplus
but i would imagine shoulders, traps and neck have higher levels of androgens? and they atrophy on a severe deficit

• +1
but i would imagine shoulders, traps and neck have higher levels of androgens? and they atrophy on a severe deficit
these muscles though i don’t think would be used as much as massater. massater is constantly used throughout the day

these muscles though i don’t think would be used as much as massater. massater is constantly used throughout the day
yeah but you arent really training your jaw to failure either, and your calves arent bigger than your chest even tho u use calves a lot mor

• +1
depends where you live here its like 300-500 euros and it will last 3 months

botox is not permanent
jfl if u have jew foid doctors do it for u
syringes are free where i am because abos cant stop using their heroin
78, for 100 units
depending on how much u want them smaller, 20-30 units is appropriate each side

• +1
Reactions: lowiqNormie
had a friend who got cucked into becoming vegan by his gf and he was doing all sort of tarded shit like liquid detox diets and eating just fruits etc. I can first hand attest that his massetors atrophied a lot, very significantly and in a very short time. The same principle applies for all muscle : use it or lose it.

• +1
not sure how much you’d find.
i hear massaters have high androgen activity
let me know what you find bro pls
this is what i found on this
IMG 0489

theres 3 reasons for skeletal muscle loss: 1- age (sarcopenia) which recorded no loss in skeletal muscle mass in healthy young adults, although there was fairly consistent loss at a ratio of 1-2% per year after the age 50.

2- cachexia: cytokine-associated wasting of protein and energy stores due to the effects of disease.
cytokine: are a broad and loose category of small proteins (~5–25 kDa[1]) important in cell signaling. Due to their size, cytokines cannot cross the lipid pilayer of cells to enter the cytoplasm and therefore typically exert their functions by interacting with specific cytokine receptors on the target cell surface.

IMG 0492

as u can see here the loss of protein was the main cause for skeletal muscle loss on cachexia patients

3-starvation (malnutrition)
IMG 0491

there was skeletal muscle loss due to malnutrition in all cases so the bottom line is you will see a reduction in skeletal muscle mass but it wont be very drastic as said earlier

conclusion: any amount of malnutrition caused by the severe deficit will result in skeletal muscle loss overall (including masseters and other tmj muscles) so you'd have to keep your nutrient intake healthy to maintain as much skeletal muscle as possible

source: https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/docum...&doi=8b7c7e06a6bb7d4b9428e44e1e7ee55ac6385305

@appealmaxed

• +1
wouldnt that just fuck your hormones and shit

had a friend who got cucked into becoming vegan by his gf and he was doing all sort of tarded shit like liquid detox diets and eating just fruits etc. I can first hand attest that his massetors atrophied a lot, very significantly and in a very short time. The same principle applies for all muscle : use it or lose it.
so if you chewed and used the massater while on the large deficit it won’t atrophy then? right?
use it or lose it.

this is what i found on this
View attachment 2957573
theres 3 reasons for skeletal muscle loss: 1- age (sarcopenia) which recorded no loss in skeletal muscle mass in healthy young adults, although there was fairly consistent loss at a ratio of 1-2% per year after the age 50.

2- cachexia: cytokine-associated wasting of protein and energy stores due to the effects of disease.
cytokine: are a broad and loose category of small proteins (~5–25 kDa[1]) important in cell signaling. Due to their size, cytokines cannot cross the lipid pilayer of cells to enter the cytoplasm and therefore typically exert their functions by interacting with specific cytokine receptors on the target cell surface.

View attachment 2957597
as u can see here the loss of protein was the main cause for skeletal muscle loss on cachexia patients

3-starvation (malnutrition)
View attachment 2957601
there was skeletal muscle loss due to malnutrition in all cases so the bottom line is you will see a reduction in skeletal muscle mass but it wont be very drastic as said earlier

conclusion: any amount of malnutrition caused by the severe deficit will result in skeletal muscle loss overall (including masseters and other tmj muscles) so you'd have to keep your nutrient intake healthy to maintain as much skeletal muscle as possible

source: https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/docum...&doi=8b7c7e06a6bb7d4b9428e44e1e7ee55ac6385305

@appealmaxed
so you can have a decent caloric intake which is nutritious, and still be in a agressive deficit. if you manage to balance those two things, like eating 1.5k nutrient dense, high protein foods, along with buring enough cals to be in a very large deficit you won’t lose right?

so if you chewed and used the massater while on the large deficit it won’t atrophy then? right?
Yeah it should be ok as long as it’s actively used. You won’t see gains but you will definitely slow down the loss of gains. This is why powerlifters who are cutting down weight utilize RPT : reverse pyramid training and go balls out and max the weight right from the first set itself. The understanding is that even in deficit you training your body to keeping your strength and muscle.

so you can have a decent caloric intake which is nutritious, and still be in a agressive deficit. if you manage to balance those two things, like eating 1.5k nutrient dense, high protein foods, along with buring enough cals to be in a very large deficit you won’t lose right?
yes. you wont see loss in muscle mass if you manage to balance out those two, bigonial width will very slightly decrease due to fat loss but masseters wont be atrophied

• +1
Yes. Proof = Vegans

• +1
I can’t tell if u want ur masseter to get bigger or smaller u keep making threads about that ugly ass muscle