Does melanotan 2 tan you without UV exposure?

itzxcolin

itzxcolin

ASCEND AT ALL COSTS
Obviously not getting literally 0 UV exposure, but not intentionally tanning. Still getting morning sunlight and walking outside during winter. Will a high enough dosage give me a slight tan? Trying to maximize collagen and prevent aging as much as possible

Without sun exposure, you'll mostly darken areas of your body with more melanocytes (moles, freckles, etc).

You can't try and tan while also maximize collagen and anti-aging, it's paradoxical

• Hmm...
Reactions: Saint Casanova
just be ethnic bro

Without sun exposure, you'll mostly darken areas of your body with more melanocytes (moles, freckles, etc).

You can't try and tan while also maximize collagen and anti-aging, it's paradoxical
Is a tanning salon better in that case especially when using MT2?

• +1
How to minimise collagen damage. Use tret?
Idk your skin is way more sensitive on tret and might even cause more damage. Can't imagine UV damage from sun exposure + high skin cell turnover rate + melanotan to be a good combo, sounds like a good way to speedrun skin cancer

• Hmm...
Idk your skin is way more sensitive on tret and might even cause more damage. Can't imagine UV damage from sun exposure + high skin cell turnover rate + melanotan to be a good combo, sounds like a good way to speedrun skin cancer
So what to do instead if you need to tan ?

Yea that makes sense, but wouldn’t a high enough dosage of MT2 boost melanin production enough where you don’t need much UV exposure, minimizing skin damage? Or is it the actual process of your body producing melanin what ages skin?

What is that ? Show examples ?

I’d probably wait until the summer then
Mostly used by women
61386023984ead3f6a6160f13f06b306

It's a self tanning lotion applied with an applicator brush but it only lasts up to 10 days or so
8e3432f4 6d18 45e3 a3e9 3aaf843adf7d  CR00970600 PT0 SX970 V1

Kind of cope tbh, since it washes off eventually but if you're trying to minimize collagen damage it's probably the best option out there

• Hmm...
Mostly used by women
View attachment 2457770

It's a self tanning lotion applied with an applicator brush but it only lasts up to 10 days or so
View attachment 2457776

Kind of cope tbh, since it washes off eventually but if you're trying to minimize collagen damage it's probably the best option out there
Out of regular sun tanning or using a bed, which is worse for skin ?

so MT2 can only be used together with regular tanning ?

Yea that makes sense, but wouldn’t a high enough dosage of MT2 boost melanin production enough where you don’t need much UV exposure, minimizing skin damage? Or is it the actual process of your body producing melanin what ages skin?
UV damage from sun exposure ages skin, which is the only way you tan, tan = UV damage. Increased melanin production doesn't age you.

You could take melanotan for a couple weeks to months and get a base tan that a lot of people on melanotan experience. Many who take it notice they are slightly permanently darker even after quitting so you could take it for some time, get that base tan, and then quit tanning and go back to maximizing collagen.

• +1
Reactions: CyberPsychodelic and itzxcolin
Out of regular sun tanning or using a bed, which is worse for skin ?

so MT2 can only be used together with regular tanning ?
Tanning beds are worse since they penetrate deeper, causing more damage as they mostly emit UVA which doesn't even stimulate vitamin D production. At least out in the sun you're getting some vitamin D and not as deep penetration of UV.

• Hmm...
Tanning beds are worse since they penetrate deeper, causing more damage as they mostly emit UVA which doesn't even stimulate vitamin D production. At least out in the sun you're getting some vitamin D and not as deep penetration of UV.
So using MT2 without tanning is pointless?

I used sun beds when I started MT2 but now I don’t need to any more, except maybe once a month to even out tan lines (you’ll inevitably tan arms more than body even with SPF).

I have done less than 150 total minutes of sun beds in two years.