Does Mewing Actually Work? Or It's Coping

A

AlexHeally

Platinum
Does mewing actually works or it's a waste of time?
What do you think of the results on reddit do you think they are coping?
Brad pitt doesn't seem he's mewing or even care about his tongue posture and has a great jawline

Attachments

• lrg-brad_p-side002.jpg
    lrg-brad_p-side002.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 118
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3832 and Deleted member 1707
It works cause it raises my hyoid

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: cardiologist, Hector and Deleted member 3593
Brad doesn't have a great jawline. His jawline has been shit for years. Did you even look at the pic you posted?

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting, karbo, 5'8manlet and 1 other person
Most of it is a cope. I only do it for my submental region and jawline definition.

• +1
Reactions: cutecel, Deleted member 1707, PubertyMaxxer and 1 other person
It literally doesnt do anything. Dont fall for the meme

• +1
Reactions: Slob
No but mouthbreathing do

• +1
Reactions: AlexHeally and 6'4 looksmaxxxer
No but mouthbreathing do
I saw a gif where ramirez was swallowing saliva and his face didnt move , he most likely mews since birth too.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet and Deleted member 685
It's only somewhat beneficial if you're underage mouthbreather. If you're an adult it's not going to permanently change anything. You should still practice proper mouth/tongue posture if you're a mouthbreather because it will help with breathing and possibly temporarily make you look better (hyoid.)

Mewing should be something people do at all times from a very young age. It's too late for it to do any permanent aesthetic change when you're an adult (other than the temporary change while mewing), but it can still be beneficial in other ways.

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass, cutecel and Deleted member 1707
nope , for sure not work as some ppl say

It's only somewhat beneficial if you're underage mouthbreather. If you're an adult it's not going to permanently change anything. You should still practice proper mouth/tongue posture if you're a mouthbreather because it will help with breathing and possibly temporarily make you look better (hyoid.)

Mewing should be something people do at all times from a very young age. It's too late for it to do any permanent aesthetic change when you're an adult (other than the temporary change while mewing), but it can still be beneficial in other ways.
so it works for you if you're young by preventing you from mouth breathing? so if you're breathing through your nose but not mewing then there's no need to mew?
in my case I breath through my nose normally when I'm not mewing and my submental triangle is pretty tight normally as well, so I don't need to mew right?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3832
cope after 20

• +1
Yes Bro
Just wait 5 years and cope hard and waste your prime

• +1
If you havent been mewing until the age of 8 you have ruined your forward growth seek more aggressive solutions

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Golden Glass
mewing no hard mewing yes
if you put your tongue on your entire palate and apply a lot of fkn force to your teeths you will expand your palate and grow maxilla forward
just try for 5 mins to hardmew you will feel your teeths different

• +1
Reactions: Normieville
Hypothetically hardmewing could MAYBE work. But I don’t see the point of mewing to expand palate for example. Just get MSE plus any functional jaw surgery you need (and maxillary impaction if you have a long midface) and then do mewing/myofunctional therapy afterwards to maintain the change and prevent relapse.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Slob and Maxillacel
It improves the submental area, that's about it. Everyone should do it just for prevention of the classic droopy hyoid many older people have. It doesn't change lower third structure at all in adults. I think there is a lot more benefit to vigorous chewing combined with a nutritious chewy animal-based diet.

• +1
Mewing after puberty is a meme just don't mouthbreathe to not fuck up your face further more.

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Golden Glass
I'm mewing about 2 months ago.
I'm 16 years old.
What I noticed that improved was my breathing and fitness.
I had an extremely wrong position of teeth, now to fix my face is bigger and jaw also at least 1 psl I added.

Last edited:
I'm mewing about 2 months ago.
I'm 16 years old.
What I noticed that improved was my breathing and fitness.
I had an extremely wrong position of teeth, now to fix my face is bigger and jaw also at least 1 psl I added.
when I were 16 and turned 17 my jawline got more wider and better definition naturally (didn't mew), it might be the same for you cus you're going through puberty still.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3832